Relationships with a huge age gap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Evenings geeks,
Just curious how many geeks on here are in a relationship with a huge age gap...is it norm? :smack:

I'm not but as long as you love and respect each other (and its legal) of course it's normal :)

Well my dads dad (my grandad) is re-married to someone younger than my mum (my mums 36) ,, and he is like 70? Something?? I think it's disgusting personally because of the fact i think its all to do with money and without being rude there is nothing attractive or nice about him?? Shes really pretty too!? but I know I shouldn't really judge as its their choice, I just think if they have kids which she wants to he'll be dead by their tenth birthday more than likely!! Lool,, I think it's all to do with money tho (he has a good inheritance),, but you know it's their choice lol! X

Sorry I prob wasn't much help lol.

Well my dads dad (my grandad) is re-married to someone younger than my mum (my mums 36) ,, and he is like 70? Something?? I think it's disgusting personally because of the fact i think its all to do with money and without being rude there is nothing attractive or nice about him?? Shes really pretty too!? but I know I shouldn't really judge as its their choice, I just think if they have kids which she wants to he'll be dead by their tenth birthday more than likely!! Lool,, I think it's all to do with money tho (he has a good inheritance),, but you know it's their choice lol! X

But what if it was the other way round,how would you see it then the women older than the guy ?

Lol, of course there is the usual money grabbers but as the op hasn't stated much info I'm assuming (being an old romantic) that the two people involved are genuinely in love or in it for companionship, therefore I don't see a problem with an age gap. I think people who are in that situation or close to people who are will know who is genuine and who's playing the other person for a fool.

11 years between me and my fella. Not a huge gap but some people think its odd for some reason?!?! It doesn't make any difference to me tho. I'd love him however old he was ;)

I don't know I dont think an age gap is bad to be honest I think it's just the fact it's my grandad and it was so soon after my man died it all happened and she is after his money? Like if they were in love either way it would be absolutely no ones place to judge,, :) x

11 years between my cousin and her partner and happiest i've ever seen her, if it's meant to be who cares about age.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Lmao at this!! xxxx

10 years between me and hubby.
Boys never grow up so doesn't matter :)
Vicki xx

There is 21 years between my mum & dad.

My mum is the younger one. She took on his 4 children from his previous marrige & my dad's eldest daughter is just 6 months younger than my mum.

My mum and dad have gone on to have 5 children together (I am the eldest of my mums children).

They are still together and love each other to bits (even if they do argue like cat & dog lol). It did cause problems at the start but people can see they really are in love as they have stuck together through thick & thin.

It meant that I had the freedom to choose anyone I wanted as a boyfriend knowing they couldn't throw the age thing at me, when I was a teenager I did go a bit extreem and go with someone 10 years older than me (& it lasted 18 months so not a quick fling) but I then decided I needed to be with someone younger as I wanted to be out clubbing or enjoying myself when he wanted to be in watching tv lol.

I've always gone for older blokes though and I married someone 7 years older and am now with someone 5 and a half years older than me.

Age is a number that means nothing when your middle aged and no-one seems to blink an eye until it concerns the really young or the really old.

My husband is exactly 20 years younger than me.

10 years between me and hubby.
Boys never grow up so doesn't matter :)
Vicki xx

:lol: How True!
17 years between me and mine, we have always found it mattered more to other people, especially when we first met, I was 22 and he was 39. There are some issues in which the age difference is more noticeable on but so what? All long term relationships have their moments!
We have been together since 1984, married in 1989 and all I can say is:- if you are not each others best friend then you won't survive life's tough times.
I am lucky mine is still my best friend.:Love:

I'm 40, my fiance is 27. Had a few challenges at first but it works perfectly and he's my best friend and biggest supporter too. He took on my (now nearly 16 year old) daughter and we now have a 4 month old daughter together.

He was 24 when we first got together which did seem very young, but 27 kind of seems like 'nearly 30 lol' so it doesn't really seem an issue.

Just spit it out woman, how old is he and does he have a brother? :biggrin:
Children's dad is 3 years younger than me.

I was 20 when I met Paul who was 38 at the time. 2 kids and a marriage later, we are happier than ever - people often comment on how we manage spending nearly every second together and maybe had 1 or 2 rows in 11 years. Tis simple - he is my best friend, me his and we just love each other xxxx

Just spit it out woman, how old is he and does he have a brother? :biggrin:
Children's dad is 3 years younger than me.

Lol Andrea ,20 ..not sure he has a bro but apparently has a girl friend...Im sure I could soon scare her off ..lol

Latest posts

Back