Remembering what PopIts you've used

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi , Ive just done a set of popits on my sis in law , must say I was well chuffed with them , no air bubbles at all !!!..she couldnt see what I was so excited about..:lol:..but heh these sort of little things please us ah!!

Any how I used the same ones on her right hand that I used on her left , and when it come to finishing and tidying up I thought mmm..now I dont want to put these popits back in the tray as I ve already used them ,how do you other guys get round this?

I was just debating wether to write numbers on them so I know how many times theyve been used.??

I've read that after 3 uses the nails don't have the same shine.

I have personally used the same ones for both hands 3 times (so in effect 6 times) but this is just on myself.

For clients I use them and pop them in an envelope and just use the 3 times

Hi , Ive just done a set of popits on my sis in law , must say I was well chuffed with them , no air bubbles at all !!!..she couldnt see what I was so excited about..:lol:..but heh these sort of little things please us ah!!

Any how I used the same ones on her right hand that I used on her left , and when it come to finishing and tidying up I thought mmm..now I dont want to put these popits back in the tray as I ve already used them ,how do you other guys get round this?

I was just debating wether to write numbers on them so I know how many times theyve been used.??

As Gigi was saying at the workshop - popits should only be used once. You are customising the cuticle area to your client - how likely are you to get clients with identical cuticle lines? Also Popits will loose the shine they create on the finished nail so after 2-3 times they will loose that lustre effect they create.

\if you are only using 5 per client the cost is minimal to you. Unlrss you want to use them twice on the same person, put them in the bag and attach to clients card.

Consider Popits workshop at you local CND academy - you will learn a lot there)))) I certainly did not beleive in popits to start with until Gigi enlightened me))))

Hope this helps))):)

OOps, Adele answered it while I was typing)))

After watching Gigi doing a demo where she uses the same one on the index and ring fingers and then chucks it. Basically you are using each of the ones you use twice anyway - one per hand - is it worth the effort to mark them and then wonder how many times you have used them. At the end of the day how much are they really costing, when you think of the time involved in wondering LOL.

Ok then thanks , I ll just bin them now then as theyve been used twice , and keep it as that ah .:)

I have 3 tips boxes (new), (1) and (2), as they are used they go into different boxes depending on how many times they have been used.

I just bin them otherwise i would have bags of used pop its every where lol

I tried putting them in little bags with names on but they just get in the way tp be honest so i just use 5 as one set then bin xx

:rolleyes:Hi are there many of you guys using PopIts in your salons? if so are you having any probs with lifting/coming off easily? do you find that when they need an infill the cuticle area seems to have lifted in a perfect cuticle shape we have tried everything to illiminate this even double prep but cannot see how you can not get product on skin as to little product in them is not right too much it oozes out I have read all info on all blogs etc my ratio is spot on no bubbles no frosting skirts trimmed fit wall to wall perfect when done on rebalance always lifting any ideas guys
thanks in advance.
Regards Shell

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes:Hi are there many of you guys using poppets in your salons? if so are you having any probs with lifting/coming off easily? do you find that when they need an infill the cuticle area seems to have lifted in a perfect cuticle shape we have tried everything to illiminate this even double prep but cannot see how you can not get product on skin as to little product in them is not right too much it oozes out I have read all info on all blogs etc my ratio is spot on no bubbles no frosting skirts trimmed fit wall to wall perfect when done on rebalance always lifting any ideas guys
thanks in advance.
Regards Shell

Have you had any Poppit training hun ? Sweet squared would arrange it for you :idea:

Oozing is likely to be too much product/too much pressure and possibly the angle at which you apply the poppit

Tbh the lifting in the area's you have mentioned sound like prep,poppits help to eliminate lifting as you can apply more pressure than with your brush therefore encouraging proper adheison.

The poppits Q+A thread will answer all your questions and then some hth's

hi how did you get no bubbles, im still getting bubbles even though ive done everything it says can your ratio being too wet cause bubbles, but even with correct ratio i still seem to get bubbles

Isn't it funny that those who have taken a class using PopIts do not have problems with bubbles and those who have not DO??

Maybe those of you who have PopIts sitting in a drawer because you are experiencing problems should take the time to attend a class and learn how you can really make money with PopIts.

ALL PROBLEMS CAN BE SOLVED! There should be none. If you are experiencing problems then you are not using PopIts correctly.

As for the issue of, "how many times?" Use them and bin them ... treat them just like you would the cut off portion of your tips.

Each client deserves to have new and unused products each and every appointment for the best results. Re-using used PopIts on clients is not acceptable and I'm sure you would not appreciate it if you were the client.

The PopIts you have used are well and truly paid for in the cost of the set ... I think there is no need to be so 'tight' and I think it is dishonest of those who are recycling them on different clients.

Latest posts

Back