Ruby Ritz & Wildfire Duo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
You may have read in many other threads that my customers absolutely LOVE ruby ritz and i have been hoping since I no longer have any left; that it will be back in stock at some point. So I was so pleased it is going to be available again in time for Christmas, however I am really quite annoyed that in order to get it you have to buy wildfire as well!

It is only available as a duo :( I cannot help thinking that its been caught on that Ruby Ritz is very very popular and so is being used to sell a colour that lets face it most techs will already have!

Last year it was sold with tinsel toast, why can they not come up with a new festive glitter shade instead of selling an already existing colour with it... Maybe a fabulous intense glitter green?

How many bottles of wildfire will be re sold on the likes of ebay cause they are not needed?

Maybe it's so it can be layered with wildfire underneath so you use only one coat of ruby ritz instead of two so get more applications out of it?? Just a thought !

I've got to agree with both of you on this one for different reasons.

It's being sold as a duo with Wildfire to be layered and to add depth to it. In my opinion Ruby Ritz is a colour that needs to be layered. I don't personally like it on it own as it can look a bit patchy so I imagine this is the reasoning behind it.

I can see where you are annoyed by this OP. I still have a bit of Ruby Ritz left from last year but plan to buy 2 sets to start with so I'm not left without if it sells out quickly. I've not long opened a new Wildfire and have a spare too so if I buy 2 sets I'm going to have 4 bottles of Wildfire. Seems a bit extreme to have 4 in stock at one time when I'm a one man band, and unfortunately I can see some technicians reselling the duplicates on places like eBay. However for me Wildfire is a popular colour, even more so at Christmas so I know it will get used up and won't go to waste.

I don't think Tinsel Toast was as popular as Ruby Ritz was so that's why its not been brought back but I know a few technicians who disagree with this as they loved TT.

Xx

However annoying it may be, Wildfire is one of the most popular colours, so never hurts to have a few extra in stock. And, as said, it can be layered with Ruby Ritz to make it last longer.
x

Seriously??? I'm delirious that it's coming out again this year, and agree by layering it with Wildfire it will just look gorgeous. CND are damned if they do and damned if they don't, last year loads of people moaned about tinsel toast! It's a limited edition pack. If you don't want to buy both then sandwich irresistable glitter between two layers of decadence

I understand it is sold for layering purposes, but I however like to layer RR over other colours such as Decadence and masquerade so I will run out of the RR quicker than the wildfire but will have to get more wildfire to get more RR. I think having a duo is a good idea but It should be available on its own too.

Can't please all of the people all of the time comes to mind! :|
Those of you who are not happy about the Duo pack then get in touch with CND direct they are the ones who decide what happens with the colours so if their customers are unhappy about something they will want to know.

This Duo pack is a fantastic combination two great versatile colours which can be worn on there own or layered.
When Ruby Ritz was launched last year everyone was complaining about Tinsel Toast and were all saying they didn't want to have it so what did CND do they listened to us and brought back RR and didn't bring back TT.

Personally I love Wildfire and it is one of my most popular colour either on its own or layered so I'm delighted it's coming with Ruby Ritz :Love:

I don't care what it comes with as long as I can have ruby ritz I'm not bothered and also wildfire is beautiful colour and I find it really popular and as we know shellac has a very good shelf life. I do understand if people just want ruby ritz alone but CND have listened to us and given us back the colour we all wanted x

We always need Wildfire ... it is our most popular RED. Really happy they have come out together. will certainly be ordering on Friday the first of NOVEMBER ... where did October go?

I am not disputing the popularity of Wildfire.... It is a gorgeous colour and popular all year round. I am also not disputing that tinsel toast may not have been as popular but it is a different colour. My problem is that we are being forced to purchase an existing colour that we have already. I personally feel that we should be treated to a new festive colour.

The cost of using two coats of RR or one coat of RR and one of Wildfire is the same so your not really saving anything. You could have just bought two bottles of RR if sold seperately x

Yes I'm not happy about the "duo" thing! I would if been pleased if Tinsel Toast did come back as my Clients loved that as well as Ruby Ritz.
I didn't buy the Charmed Duo's either as didn't want x2 of the colours only The Scarlett Letter & the Ice Vapour.
Such a shame really, would be nice to have a choice in what you want to buy..... 😣

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I can't wait for duo! It's the best combo of colours yet and couldn't be any more festive!

Wildfire is my fave by a mile- it's soooo sexy!

Oooh I'll have to stock up on this. Its my most popular combination!!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't wait for duo! It's the best combo of colours yet and couldn't be any more festive!

Wildfire is my fave by a mile- it's soooo sexy!

I literally cannot wait!! I've just run out Wildfire so perfect timing! Woo! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

You may have read in many other threads that my customers absolutely LOVE ruby ritz and i have been hoping since I no longer have any left; that it will be back in stock at some point. So I was so pleased it is going to be available again in time for Christmas, however I am really quite annoyed that in order to get it you have to buy wildfire as well!

It is only available as a duo :( I cannot help thinking that its been caught on that Ruby Ritz is very very popular and so is being used to sell a colour that lets face it most techs will already have!

Last year it was sold with tinsel toast, why can they not come up with a new festive glitter shade instead of selling an already existing colour with it... Maybe a fabulous intense glitter green?

How many bottles of wildfire will be re sold on the likes of ebay cause they are not needed?

I am a Shellac girl, but I'm also a Gelish girl too. Ruby Ritz is quite similar to Gelish Good Gossip, just as Tinsel Toast is similar to Gelish Twinkle and Ice Vapor is similar to Gelish Water Field. I hate that these CND colors are all limited edition so I found an alternative for them when I can't get them anymore.

I am not disputing the popularity of Wildfire.... It is a gorgeous colour and popular all year round. I am also not disputing that tinsel toast may not have been as popular but it is a different colour. My problem is that we are being forced to purchase an existing colour that we have already. I personally feel that we should be treated to a new festive colour.

The cost of using two coats of RR or one coat of RR and one of Wildfire is the same so your not really saving anything. You could have just bought two bottles of RR if sold seperately x

I personally layer RR so that it lasts longer, not to save money. Remember it's a Ltd Edition, so when it's gone, it's gone (.......maybe?). Lol.
As soon as I heard it was coming back I've not ordered any more Wildfire for backup, just kept my one bottle that I've started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally cannot wait!! I've just run out Wildfire so perfect timing! Woo! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app
Friday the first of November at midnight. X

The Duo is a win win (two of the very best colours) and it should not come as a surprise to any of our lovely customers or to anyone here on salongeek as Everyone should be aware because if you are not then you are not looking at magazines, S2 website, your eblasts, Twitter, Facebook S2 Facebook etc!!! This duo was not due in until February but we have pushed and pushed CND to get it in for you for Xmas. Enjoy and have fun.

Oh .. and don't forget when ordering to put your details on the free Salon locator so people can find you!!! You can only do this through your account at Sweet Squared. Too many have not done it who are eligible to be on www.loveshellac.com ... Why not??? It's free and it is highlighted in all the consumer magazines to help your business .... ??

Last edited:
As title says..?
It goes on sale on the 1st at midnight right?
I'm going to Dublin for the weekend on the 1st won't be back till the 3rd will it likely sell out by then? I know everyone wants to get their hands on it lol x

According to Samuel Sweet at the Scientist and the Geek Roadshow S2 are bringing so much stock of this popular colour it should last until 2015!

Relax and enjoy your weekend :)

Yes I really hope Dublin will still have it next week!!

Latest posts

Back