Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My client from hell was a young girl, who stormed into the salon 20 mins late and proceeded to glare at me throughout the whole treatment as though it were my fault she got stuck in traffic. I recall her eyes were very black and glittered in the dim lighting, following me around the room as I moved not saying one word. When tried to make conversation she totally blanked me. She was like fecking Beelzebub, and also reeked of BO. Never in my entire life have I ever had the misfortune to encounter such dark and negative energy in one so young. Normally, when a client was late, I'd work extra time to ensure they had the full treatment (the salon rules were strict and each client if they were late had the time forfeited off their treatment unless the therapist was willing to work over time with no pay)...but she got nothing from me. I also refused to give her further treatments and one of the other girls copped for her about 4 months later. She was like...'You'll never believe this horrible woman I've just had to work with'....I'm like....'Yeah, Satan's Imp.'

I had someone come into the salon and say 'aren't beauty people supposed to be like really pretty' I was just like
emoji50.png

You should have said 'well, I
I had a man cold call into the salon, holding a black file with a well know business logo on it... I was extremely busy and didn't have the patience to chat with uninvited reps this particular day.
He looked at me and then asked "Could I speak with the manager?"
I said "We don't have a manager, just a business owner and staff!" Smiling I quickly followed up with saying "how can I help?"
He replied by saying "I don't mean to be offensive but I think it's best if I speak with the owner" winked and then said, "All this business talk might be a little too much for that pretty head of yours!"
I was pissed off... But calmly said just give me a minute and I'll go get her!
I walked off down the corridor, walked into a treatment room and then walked back out again.
He stood there waiting, looking past me as I walked back towards him... I stopped in front of him and after a few seconds he looked back at me again.
I said "Hello, my names Angela I believe you're wanting to speak with me!"
He went bright red and stuttered about leaving a brochure with me and quickly left... No apology... He never made a follow up call either.
I'm never really like this, I'm not quick thinking in matters like this so I was actually pleased with myself [emoji3]

Many years ago, I was interviewing candidates for a job. They had to sign a form the receptionist gave them prior to the interview with all their personal details on it The woman applying for the job was full of herself, and when I went to pick up the form she'd just put down on the reception desk to look at it, she said 'That's private and confidential, you know! It's not for just anyone to look at!'

You should have seen her face when she realised I was the one doing the interviewing.

One of my clients was talking about her sister who had become somewhat reclusive for many different reasons & subsequently put on A LOT if weight. At which point my client looked at me & said "yeah she's massive now she's bigger than..... Er ....you now!!" I just smiled politely, as you do & carried on cutting her toenails.... Followed by her ......toes........tongue..........
fingers!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ah I'm only joking that would be very unprofessional I stopped at her tongue!!! FYI I'm a size 14 so I'm hardly a whale!!! [emoji228][emoji228]

I had 2 ladies come in together for makeup the other day. All they could talk about was "if women are working out, they have either just had a baby, or they are cheating" and " if you get 'comfortable' in a relationship and put weight on then it's your own problem when your husband cheats/leaves you"............... I know it is petty to let these things bother you, but It really does get to me. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good Christ some of these posts makes me so mad!
Cheek of some people.

Worst I even encountered was in my current job. My boss is russian and although she doesnt do beauty, she was here a lot on reception. She took this appointment from another russian lady, and booked her in with me.
So, this day, i was alone in the salon, boss had popped out for a few mins. The client arrived really late so as i was taking her to the treatment room, she starts freaking out because im irish, and asking for the russian (boss) to take her. Now when she indicated she had a problem with me being irish, i was so tempted to ask her to leave, but bit my tongue and continued on. Big mistake.
She was having an eye combo done, she told me me being irish meant i wasnt "qualified" to work on her "precious eyebrows". she asked me to mix a grey and a black (she was blonde).
so i sat her down to get started and she starts screaming at me that she had oil applied over her face (including eyelashes too apparently) and that i hadnt cleansed it adquetely.

i got the tint on, and my boss was back by now. i had calmed down a little, and told my boss never to take the client again. that was fine, i went abck in to remove the lash tint. as soon as it was off she jumped out of the chair, ran to the mirror, started screaming, hsyterically crying, saying its not what she wanted (the tint is still on her brows at this stage), took the tint off her brows in between her hysteria, and by now my boss had appeared cause she heard the commotion.

your one is there screaming in russian, im boiling angry, i tell her shes very rude and my boss brings her to the reception to calm her down. my boss never told me what she said but she was really upset for the entire day and kept saying to me that she was so sorry so im pretty sure whatever she said was pretty awful. my boss said she is never coming back, because shes very racist and wasnt the kind of client we wanted.

so, about 6 weeks later, same lady called up looking to book in for a nail appointment!!! imagine having the nerve to ever try come back. i am still disgusted with myself for not calling the cops on her. and if she ever comes back thats exactly what i intend on doing.

I had 2 ladies come in together for makeup the other day. All they could talk about was "if women are working out, they have either just had a baby, or they are cheating" and " if you get 'comfortable' in a relationship and put weight on then it's your own problem when your husband cheats/leaves you"............... I know it is petty to let these things bother you, but It really does get to me. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So we're they cheating on their other halves by looking after themselves?! As they obviously had a high opinion of themselves! Grrrr. Poor you, I hate snotty ladies like that x

Good Christ some of these posts makes me so mad!
Cheek of some people.

Worst I even encountered was in my current job. My boss is russian and although she doesnt do beauty, she was here a lot on reception. She took this appointment from another russian lady, and booked her in with me.
So, this day, i was alone in the salon, boss had popped out for a few mins. The client arrived really late so as i was taking her to the treatment room, she starts freaking out because im irish, and asking for the russian (boss) to take her. Now when she indicated she had a problem with me being irish, i was so tempted to ask her to leave, but bit my tongue and continued on. Big mistake.
She was having an eye combo done, she told me me being irish meant i wasnt "qualified" to work on her "precious eyebrows". she asked me to mix a grey and a black (she was blonde).
so i sat her down to get started and she starts screaming at me that she had oil applied over her face (including eyelashes too apparently) and that i hadnt cleansed it adquetely.

i got the tint on, and my boss was back by now. i had calmed down a little, and told my boss never to take the client again. that was fine, i went abck in to remove the lash tint. as soon as it was off she jumped out of the chair, ran to the mirror, started screaming, hsyterically crying, saying its not what she wanted (the tint is still on her brows at this stage), took the tint off her brows in between her hysteria, and by now my boss had appeared cause she heard the commotion.

your one is there screaming in russian, im boiling angry, i tell her shes very rude and my boss brings her to the reception to calm her down. my boss never told me what she said but she was really upset for the entire day and kept saying to me that she was so sorry so im pretty sure whatever she said was pretty awful. my boss said she is never coming back, because shes very racist and wasnt the kind of client we wanted.

so, about 6 weeks later, same lady called up looking to book in for a nail appointment!!! imagine having the nerve to ever try come back. i am still disgusted with myself for not calling the cops on her. and if she ever comes back thats exactly what i intend on doing.

Oh my god! She wanted her nails doing?! What?! That's awful. Thank god you couldn't understand what she was saying about you, what an awful woman [emoji17]

I have laughed at some of these posts but it is ridiculous some of the things were exposed to [emoji17] x

So we're they cheating on their other halves by looking after themselves?! As they obviously had a high opinion of themselves! Grrrr. Poor you, I hate snotty ladies like that x

Would not surprise me at all. Makes me really appreciate my husband, that's for sure. Xx

Just had a lady come in to enquire about HD Brows and asked if I would knock anything off the price if she pays in cash!!!! I was gobsmacked!! The cheek of some people!!!!

Just had a lady come in to enquire about HD Brows and asked if I would knock anything off the price if she pays in cash!!!! I was gobsmacked!! The cheek of some people!!!!

Tbf though, if you don't ask, you don't get?!
Sometimes traders do a bit of cash in hand type work. Guess she was hoping you'd do the same.

That takes the p*ss, that type of approach works within the building trade when the services are ££££ and does both parties a favour. You really want to get caught out by the tax man for a few pounds? Cheek! I would of been like GET OUT!!

"Yep...I can halve the price for you.....
...........so it's just the one brow today.....:p"

This wannabe client was rude but in a different way.

I'm a mobile therapist. Last Christmas I decided to promote my gift vouchers on the local Facebook selling sites.

Clients were able to get last minute Xmas gifts and collect on a evening as well.

I had a guy get in contact saying he would be interested in getting one for his "sister" he turned up wanting a voucher specifically for massage. He was asking a lot of questions about what to expect from the massage, I didn't think anything of it until he then stepped in closer and asked what optional extras I did. And if I offered a happy ending?

Omg I have never been more embarrassed in my life. I think the reaction on my face said it all. I've never seen someone move as fast as he did! Dirty Perv!

Ok now this is awful but I lost my mum and 9 weeks later my dad died and a client genuinely said " oh your an orphan now then" ?

No don't be, honest! I was just so bloody shocked that someone would actually say that....I started laughing! Crazy crazy woman!

Ok now this is awful but I lost my mum and 9 weeks later my dad died and a client genuinely said " oh your an orphan now then" ?
Wow!! I actually chuckled myself in shock, what a very odd thing to say...

I remember we was very short staffed one day and i was with a client who booked a pedi-mani appointment and halfway through I had a walk in client who wanted just a removal and reapplication of gelish. I told her she would have to wait because we were short staffed and the other member of staff had two back to back full body waxes. The walk in lady said that she didnt mind waiting for me to finish the lady I was with so I quickly scratched her gels and wrapped them up with acetone while she was waiting to kill two birds with one stone. The walk in lady was waiting 40 mins when I finally finished with the other woman. I went to the walk in client whos face had gone bright red and she started shouting at me and saying things like "did you know I have somewhere to go? God I didn't know you would take THAT long! Whats wrong with you to make me wait this long how dare you! Did you know you ruin peoples days and lives when you fuck up their schedule like you did mine?"

I immediately rang the hairdresser who was off that day to ask her if she could give her a complimentary wash and blow dry to stop her from spreading bad word.

I cried for 2 hours after I finished work that day lol

I immediately rang the hairdresser who was off that day to ask her if she could give her a complimentary wash and blow dry to stop her from spreading bad word.
I would have sent her on her way!!!

Latest posts

Back