Sallys hair and Beauty (uk)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjNailz

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if any of you get you products from Sallys, if so do they supply COSHH Sheets. I know your going to say just ask them but I thought I would ask you guys 1st as I will feel like a fool if they so no.

This COSHH stuff has really scared me, I hope I get to grips with it all soon :eek:

they should do i would think, as they have to abide by coshh i would have thought they would need all the products they sell's coshh sheets for themselves ???
but just ask lol :lol::lol:

Hiya.....I work in Sally's and as far as I'm aware we dont sell them?:rolleyes:

All suppliers should be able to provide you with safety data/CoSHH sheets.... Failing that, look the products up on the net and download them.

HTH

Speaking as a wholesaler and supplier By law we have to provide COSHH/MSDS if requested so dont be afraid to ask, if a company declines ask yourself what they have to hide. If you try and still fail ask your local health and safety officer to help. That will get things moving...!

hi red beauty! oooh another sallys girl! Sallys Do Not sell COSHH sheets lovey..sorry :( x

hello sallygirl Jojo......:green: from another sally girl :lol:

Thanks you guys I feel better now :lol:

no we dont sell them......hi sally girls i work there too :green:

All distributers and manufactures need to supply them, We supply them for all products needed free of charge to our clients.

I need some for Ellisons ..... I think it would be a good idea for the distributers to have them avail on their websites to download.. Some do and some dont....

I have to add that CND are fantastic for data sheets every one is downloadable.

Salon will need a hard copy available in the salon in case of accidents and anyone comes to check.

All distributers and manufactures need to supply them, We supply them for all products needed free of charge to our clients.

this is what i thought
I cannot understand why a wholesalers like Sally's wouldnt have c.o.s.h.h sheets on the premises and to give out (not sell) to their customers........by not having them this would surely be braking these regulations ???????????

Maybe they have but only give copies out if requested.

Ive got all mine in a folder .... ready for inspection SIR !! lmaoooo

As ex Health & Safety i wouldnt like to get caught without them ...

this is what i thought
I cannot understand why a wholesalers like Sally's wouldnt have c.o.s.h.h sheets on the premises and to give out (not sell) to their customers........by not having them this would surely be braking these regulations ???????????

I agree, I also thought this was the law, but things like this I am not 100%. If you buy your primer from sally they should supply the cosh sheet as nobody else would give it to the salon. I am confused now.

A supplier of any chemical should be providing a data sheet upon request.

The data sheets should then be stored within easy reach of the chemicals in the salon/workplace.

I agree, I also thought this was the law, but things like this I am not 100%. If you buy your primer from sally they should supply the cosh sheet as nobody else would give it to the salon. I am confused now.

i am confused too...:lol:
sally's : they get the product from the manufacturer....they manufacturer will have supplied them with coshh sheets...how else will they know how to store use dispose and handle it.......
we then buy that product from the wholsalers........we ask for a coshh sheets...or how else we will know how to store, use, handle and dispose of it...........:eek:

A supplier of any chemical should be providing a data sheet upon request.

The data sheets should then be stored within easy reach of the chemicals in the salon/workplace.

This is what I thought, and the salon should be able to have them handy in case of accidents

The manufacturer will have the sheets, these willbe made avail to the supplier and the supplier passes them onto the customer on request.

Any workplace should have the sheets ready to use near to the chemicals they are using/storing.

As far as I am aware - all wholesalers have to have MSDS available on request.

hth x

Latest posts

Back