Salon Geek not what it used to be

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SG is like a weird sort of addiction to me. I'm well sick of the same old questions that I hardly look at the pro threads so end up reading more of the chit chat threads which are equally annoying with the sarcasm, boasts of wealth and banal conversation. But I keep coming back for more! Every night I'm reading this damn forum! I really need to get a life. But like other posters have said it's taught me so much for which I'm truly grateful. I think it must be the natural cycle of the forum and the newbies will be moaning about the same issues as us in two years time. I am looking for a new forum to haunt now and will leave this one soon but we've had a good few years together. :)

I think, to some extent, tone can be read if by that we mean the attitude of the poster.
I can usually tell if someone is kind, helpful and supportive, and most Geeks are.

SG is like a weird sort of addiction to me. I'm well sick of the same old questions that I hardly look at the pro threads so end up reading more of the chit chat threads which are equally annoying with the sarcasm, boasts of wealth and banal conversation. But I keep coming back for more! Every night I'm reading this damn forum! I really need to get a life. But like other posters have said it's taught me so much for which I'm truly grateful. I think it must be the natural cycle of the forum and the newbies will be moaning about the same issues as us in two years time. I am looking for a new forum to haunt now and will leave this one soon but we've had a good few years together. :)

It is a fun way to waste time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree posts can be read wrongly by the readers. Just as the poster can sound aggressive and not mean it. This is where the icons help to set the tone.

For e.g... I could say ..

F.o get a life .. haha..:lol:

Or

F.o. get a life :Grope::evil:

You see the difference :lol:

Ummm.....nice to meet you, haven't come across you before the last couple of days but I'm sorry I'll have to admit, you come across as quite scary, you might want to tone it down so you're not putting more timid geeks off? :hug:

:( I'm sorry you see it that way, I am saying only the same as others on this thread. Maybe my style of writing is misread but I am not targeting anyone in particular; just stating the facts :) x

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

I have to agree, I found her aggressive yesterday in her post.
Am not saying that to be nasty- am trying to show that sometimes people sound like they are being "off" when they are not :-/

I was annoyed yesterday I will admit because of the attitude I received. I was contacted by a mod who agreed people were well off the mark, hence why the post was deleted.
I may have been annoyed but I get abuse/rudeness every time I post about nails etc and I lost my cool which was wrong but in a way justified :( That's why you all haven't seen me much, I don't like to comment as I seem to be unable to write in a way people can read correctly and get it pointed out a lot which makes me afraid to post xx

:( I'm sorry you see it that way, I am saying only the same as others on this thread. Maybe my style of writing is misread but I am not targeting anyone in particular; just stating the facts :) x

We get to know the frequenters, and how they tick. And we know you now perfecttennails :hug:

I was annoyed yesterday I will admit because of the attitude I received. I was contacted by a mod who agreed people were well off the mark, hence why the post was deleted.
I may have been annoyed but I get abuse/rudeness every time I post about nails etc and I lost my cool which was wrong but in a way justified :( That's why you all haven't seen me much, I don't like to comment as I seem to be unable to write in a way people can read correctly and get it pointed out a lot which makes me afraid to post xx

Did you ever stop to think that maybe these people you think are being rude have also encountered rudness themself? Ask yourself why you feel it is ok for you to respond in a way which others perceive as rude but not for others to react?
We are all responsible for our own outward presentation of ourselves. Just because people have been rude to you it doesn't give you the right to be rude to others.

I have never commented on nail posts as I don't do nails but I have read your posts and found them rude.

I agree posts can be read wrongly by the readers. Just as the poster can sound aggressive and not mean it. This is where the icons help to set the tone.

For e.g... I could say ..

F.o get a life .. haha..:lol:

Or

F.o. get a life :Grope::evil:

You see the difference :lol:

Ha Winnie. If I was of weak mind I'd either be seeing a counsellor at the minute or upsetting Vixx dangling off Itchen Bridge and holding the traffic up with the abuse I've received on here over the last year. ..

It's all deserved I'm sure, but never one sided and I'm no victim, of that I'm sure.

But as it happens I'm rooting in my fridge looking for food. I am a comfort eater.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha Winnie. If I was of weak mind I'd either be seeing a counsellor at the minute or upsetting Vixx dangling off Itchen Bridge and holding the traffic up with the abuse I've received on here over the last year. ..

It's all deserved I'm sure, but never one sided and I'm no victim, of that I'm sure.

But as it happens I'm rooting in my fridge looking for food. I am a comfort eater.

Some people have thick skins :Look_righ virtues:Look_left and others DON'T. I can take whatever you throw at me too, not quite as well as you, and I might crawl away, lick my wound, but I sure as hell will be back :evil::irked::green::D:lol::lol: :wink2:

Last edited:
I find the hair forum useful as I'm currently changing brand for the 5th time. However there are too many posts from new geeks who want an answer to 'what shall I put on' clearly there is no underlying knowledge either. You try to ask leading questions, with no luck, and sometimes another geek posts some complete gobbledygook.

I sometimes upset people because I'm blunt and don't put my 'xxxxx' at the end of every post. Behind the scenes I have a lot of convos going with geeks where we share advice. Maybe that's because the more experienced geeks actually don't want to post to the forum anymore?

I'll poke my eyes out if I see another post with.....
'what colour is this'
'my client is allergic to colour- foil close to the scalp'
'Crazy colour gone green'
'I use 40vol with bleach on scalp under heat and it works fine for me'
'How do I ombré'
'Rude geeks- I'm upset'

Use the search people - ps this thread with most likely get deleted.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe these people you think are being rude have also encountered rudness themself? Ask yourself why you feel it is ok for you to respond in a way which others perceive as rude but not for others to react?
We are all responsible for our own outward presentation of ourselves. Just because people have been rude to you it doesn't give you the right to be rude to others.

I have never commented on nail posts as I don't do nails but I have read your posts and found them rude.

Maybe they have encountered it, I am sorry for them if they have as it's not nice for anyone to experience.
I don't condone rudeness from myself or anyone, I only defend myself as I am other only one who will 😊.
I don't know which posts you refer to but I think if you look through my posts I have offered lots or advice, support and help to people who offer Gelish as I am a Gelish user without prejudice, rudeness or a condescending tone.
I'd like to know which posts I have written off of my own back that are rude without being provoked? I have never sniped at anyone or made fun. As I haven't posted in ages I can only assume this is in reference to my post yesterday.
We are all different but I found being told to unravel my knickers about something I posted on rude and I had this confirmed by the mod who closed it. That's all there is to say about that. That thread has been deleted and in not dragging that back up, other than that I don't know to what posts you refer to?
I have commented on this thread to say there is a lot of rudeness generally; I haven't called anyone out or named anyone so not to be rude but don't appreciate a lecture directly about myself as this hasn't happened with anyone else on the thread, I have apologised if I came across wrong in my posts x

*goes off to read perfecttennails posting history as bedtime reading*

Personally I didn't find missy muffin to be rude. . But that's probably because I understand her 'humour'. I sure didn't feel it deserved a ban. She was entertaining and not in a nasty way. .. but that's just me.

I find the hair forum useful as I'm currently changing brand for the 5th time. However there are too many posts from new geeks who want an answer to 'what shall I put on' clearly there is no underlying knowledge either. You try to ask leading questions, with no luck, and sometimes another geek posts some complete gobbledygook.

I sometimes upset people because I'm blunt and don't put my 'xxxxx' at the end of every post. Behind the scenes I have a lot of convos going with geeks where we share advice. Maybe that's because the more experienced geeks actually don't want to post to the forum anymore?

I'll poke my eyes out if I see another post with.....
'what colour is this'
'my client is allergic to colour- foil close to the scalp'
'Crazy colour gone green'
'I use 40vol with bleach on scalp under heat and it works fine for me'
'How do I ombré'
'Rude geeks- I'm upset'

Use the search people - ps this thread with most likely get deleted.

Point taken. I'll keep off the hair threads in future. Don't want you getting all upset.

Personally I didn't find missy muffin to be rude. . But that's probably because I understand her 'humour'. I sure didn't feel it deserved a ban. She was entertaining and not in a nasty way. .. but that's just me.

I could see it was a misplaced joke, I definitely do not think she deserved a ban and I recieved 4 points for trying to say it was a joke and that the OP should just let it go and move on since she had revieved an apology :-(

I find you rude but I also find you incredibly passionate. I think your "rudeness" is born out of frustration xx

I'll take that as a compliment I think......

The way I come across is actual me working hard on no saying 'are you f***king joking me, how have you even got a qualification- step away from the chemicals and find another career'.

Also I don't have the afford or passion to criticise other peoples personalities- just their technical abilities :)

I know for sure she didn't mean to be rude, she was playing a game, it was meant to be fun..but you can see it can be taken the wrong way if you don't know how she ticks. :rolleyes:

I didn't see it and knowing missy it wouldn't of been intended to be anything but a joke.
I'm gutted she has been banned

Sent from the catphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back