SCARY LADY = REFUND!!!!! (long) What do you think of this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She sounds so appauling that I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't speak to another tech at all and that they served the purpose for a special occassion and thought she'd get her money back. Some peoploe have no conscience whatsoever.

The only thing I would have done different is to explain during the consultation that she'd need weekly maintenance, that they wouldn't be the absolute best because the canvas is so poor, that they'd be more vulnerable too and that they'd need more looking after and finally checked that she still wanted to go ahead.

Don't let such an ugly person knock your confidence. We all get clients that there are just no pleasing at times. You know you do your best. She is a horror and you did the best thing in getting rid of her.:hug:

Flossy said:
She is not coming back for a manicure, I did refuse to do that. I wanted her to just go away and never come back, I was afraid she would get violent, thats why I gave the refund. All her nails were till on. The lady I was with asked "what was all that about", I just told her that I had had an unhappy client & changed the subject. I had to bite my tongue not to say bad things about another client, didn't want to give the impression that I was unprpfessional. At least 'she' was happy with her nails as she is a regular. I know I should have stood my ground but sometimes its just not possible.
Thanks for all your kind words. Will not let it put me off.

awww hun if they were all still on thats a good thing - if she was that unhappy with them im sure she would have picked them off by now!! don't let her get you down - she was after a freebie by the sounds of it - bit out of order as u went out of your way to help this woman esp with the free solar oil and discouned infill. i can't believe the cheek of her.

to be honest i think i would have done the exact same as u - given her her money back to get rid of her and i wouldn't do her nails again. xx

Sounds like a definite con to me....she probably did this on purpose so she could have her nails for her birthday and then get her money back afterwards to buy something else....definitely a case of having her cake and eating it too!!! Unfortunately there will always be people aound like her so just ignore it put it down to experience and try to learn from it....not that there was anything you could have done differently to what you did already. Cheer up dont let one bad apple ruin everything you have worked hard for:hug:

you are better off not to know my reply ..... in fact just imagine it, that should be enough

hi mrs, i had one like this, had got a gift voucher, got a set on then the next day started on about wanting a cash refund. Obviously just wanting the money as she'd said a few things on the day she'd got em done. Don't worry about it, just write it down as experience. you will always get someone who's not happy, it still bugs me if someone hasnt came back for infills etc as i know their nails will be hanging on and they'll be saying to anyone who'll listen 'she wrecked my nails!'. just think of your good clients, and in a few yrs time you'll have such a good rep that it'll not matter bout ones like this - thats what i tell myself! plus as time passes you get more confident in your work and things like this. chin up, the fact that you can do custom blending shows you much be a great tech!

JOM said:
I would have gave a partial refund
but if you were a bit bothered it would get physical you did the right thing

Sorry luv, I would have called the police and told them the womans name address and phone number, its called harasment and its an offence. I would have told the police that she was coming to the salon and that |was frightend of her and I would have done all this after I put the phone down on her.
She's a bully and the only thing to do with a bully is to stand your ground and not let them see your knees shake.
Its not easy but its the only way.:hug: hugs to you luv and hope you can let it go and move on now.

I had a woman like that who was incredibly rude, she also was a bad nail biter and they did look fat and thick, but she went on and on and in the end the Yorkshire warrior in me (don't laugh it does come out sometimes) turned round and stuck up for myself and said perhaps next time she got them done she wouldn't be that plastered that she couldn't see them.

Anyway put it behind you love, she doesn't sound like the client you want so I wouldn't worry too much.

Don't let it knock your confidence. Carry on and try not to waste time thinking of her. She will zap you with her negative energy if you let her. Be positive and strong in yourself and believe you can do it.

PS Did you soak them off?? Sounds like she's had her nails done for nothing otherwise. That's so unfair.

tinkywinky said:
turned round and stuck up for myself and said perhaps next time she got them done she wouldn't be that plastered that she couldn't see them.

ooh whats she say to that lol xx

Don't let hearsay and someone else's perception mar what you know inside was as good a job as you could do with what you had to work on.

IGNORE comments and hearsay and someone else's 'truth' ... rely on the 'truth' that you know. Don't take what she said PERSONALLY as you seem to have done. Her comments were about what SHE wanted and what HER agenda was, not about YOU or your work.

You did the right thing to pay off and get rid of this person. You will be doing the wrong thing if you let the incident affect you negatively. Go on doing what you know is the best you can do ... her problems are hers not yours. xx

Sorry to sound thick - whats a custom blend?

Jodie B said:
Sorry to sound thick - whats a custom blend?

Custom Blend refers to the Creative technique of blending powders that tone with the customer's skin, that are opaque, so that you can build and lengthen the nail plate of a bitten nail or a discolored nail and hide the natural nail beneath.
A complete nail design makeover for the client.

I definately would NOT have refunded.
You want your money back? Then I'm taking the nails OFF.

Period.

I have just been looking through your responses after just taking a day off from everything nails. Thank you all so much. You all made some good points for me to think about. Now I have had a little break and a chance to digest everything, I know that I will not let myself be treated like that again.

I feel so much better today. I am going to keep going and put the whole thing behind me, but, definatetly learn from it.
Thankyou all very much.:hug: :)

Latest posts

Back