Scottish Beauty Show, who's going?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing peeps and exhibitors a good day...hope the weather stays good also :hug:

I cant make it:cry: Just go out of hospital after a big op also hubby been called out to work and my 2yr old and 1yr old cant fit into my handbag lol... I was sooooo looking forward to it.. Wanted to see if any companys had offers on there tanning soloutions so i'm gonna miss out on all the great offers..... have a great day everyone xx

fi, look ou for the dizzy blonde, with a pink bit in the back of his hair!

and i will look out for anyone in yellow ans wave incase its you, sarah!

:)

Hope everyone going has a great day. I wish I was going:rolleyes: oh well will need to go and sunbath instead. hope here all about it when I get back.

going to be leaving soon. going to get my daughter her lunch then head off after that. pacing the floors waiting for her to get up from her nap.

so excited about the show.

oh yeah, i'll look out for two yellow people

i'm wearing a red vest top, jeans and flip flops. if you see me i'll probably be in a world of my own looking at everything!!!

I am just back....and I had a GREAT TIME!!

To be honest, the show could have done with a few more exhibitors, but the ones that were there seemed to be doing well!!

I was there with Martigirl and we met up with loads of geeks, even the 2 in yellow tops!!!
(Alan is a lot shyer than he makes out on here!!!).... Alan27, Sarah, fifitrix, Stoney to name but a few, and I even got a chance to wish Klassy Klaws luck in person as she entered the competing arena!!!

I also met up with several former students and work colleagues, it was great to catch up with them and find out what they are up to!

Had a quick chat with Sparklybits, but didn't want to keep her off her work for too long, she was busy, busy , busy!!

It was so good not to be working at the show....maybe that's the real reson I enjoyed it ;)

Last edited:
i am jsut home!

had a fab day, was brilliant.

met martigirl, izzidoll, sparklybits and debi-dee!

all lovely!

and i seen marioned, francesXXX-trix, klassy-klaws and iainnail_boy all compete.

i also spent the best part of the day, looking fir francesXXX-trix! i saw her compete, ran down to opi while it was quiet, came back and she'd gone!

and izziddoll, i am abit shy! haha! but was good to meet you! i'd nevere met another geek before! :D

Yeah fab day here too, much smaller than previous years but I got everything I wanted.

I enjoyed it most meeting all the geeks and catching up so that was lovely.

and boy is Alan27 shy! poor wee lamb looked scared rigid at this redheaded madwoman descending on him:eek::eek::eek:

hahahhahahahahahahaa!

i just heard someone say "its alan!"

looked round, you said hi, and i think you said "dont worry we're not accosting you! you get recocnised when you put your picture on the internet!"

or something along those lines! haha!

i didnt relaise you were izzidoll and martigeek til you said! haha!

I wish I could have been there. Did I miss any great offers?? I was sooo looking forward to watchin the competitions...:cry:

there was a few offers.....

mainly on kits...

and i got an easy soak bowl for £20....but i really jsut wanted the carrier bag it came in!

Hey Allan
Least you got there. Im sooo jealous. I will make it next year...

How is all your training coming along, are your due to qualify soon? xx

hey

had a good day. couldn't believe it though. after getting a babysitter you could take children. would've loved to take my daughter there, i'd have been there first thing. i read on the website 'no children under 16'

i got my glitter tattoo kit, but silly me. only had £20 cash on me and they didn't take cards so bought the mini kit for £15 instead of the starter kit. been playing about with it tonight. my mum has a nice shiney heart tattoo on her shoulder!!!

one big miss i have thought for the past couple of years is salon services. i worked on that stall a few years ago and it was amazing.

i didn't find any geeks but i was in my own world for most of the afternoon!!!

Myself and Mrs Affiniti went along for a look today. The strangest thing was driving into the carpark after lunchtime.....it just felt "wrong"!! We've been so used to exhibiting over the last wee while that going along as a visitor just felt plain weird!!

We really enjoyed it though, and it was great to meet up with everyone both Geeks and Non-Geeks alike. We couldn't move further than about 10 metres without bumping into someone else!

Not the biggest show by any stretch, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Walking the show gave us a chance to look at things through a different set of eyes again. So will we consider getting back on the exhibiting train? In the words of Carlsberg.....probably.

The shows may be in decline (somewhat), and there's a 99% chance of making a loss on the day, but there is nothing in the industry to touch that certain buzz of a trade show......

Derek

OK I think I have shown enormous restraint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY COMP RESULTS?????????????????????????????????

so how was it?

i didnt make i t :cry:

Was really small compared to the last time i went, which was in the big hall a few years back. Small stands mainly, went to get my glitter art kit and they had run out. Oh well! Lots of people getting spray tans. I went to CND day at Fingertips, Edinburgh and bought myself a new Sienna X kit. Can't wait to get spraying! Have to say was lovely to meet the two Sams, Gigi and Fiona Wallace. I am loving MINX and will defo be buying that kit too. :eek:Oh if only i had more money!!:lol:

I am just back....and I had a GREAT TIME!!

To be honest, the show could have done with a few more exhibitors, but the ones that were there seemed to be doing well!!

I was there with Martigirl and we met up with loads of geeks, even the 2 in yellow tops!!!
(Alan is a lot shyer than he makes out on here!!!).... Alan27, Sarah, fifitrix, Stoney to name but a few, and I even got a chance to wish Klassy Klaws luck in person as she entered the competing arena!!!

I also met up with several former students and work colleagues, it was great to catch up with them and find out what they are up to!

Had a quick chat with Sparklybits, but didn't want to keep her off her work for too long, she was busy, busy , busy!!

It was so good not to be working at the show....maybe that's the real reson I enjoyed it ;)

Thanks babe you know what it's like you need 5 head and 8 pair of arms and legs but glad I have or wee chat

I'm dying to know the comp results!!

Latest posts

Back