Sculpting nno's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have recently been in love with sculting with forms and I feel for me at least, it is the best way to go. No more fitting a tip and faffing around, anyway, I digress :)

When you are doing an nno, what acrylic do you use? I mean I use a custom blend instead of clear purely because the tip would be see through and that to me doesn't look at all natural!

I blend 50/50 neutral pink/and pink for the sculted tip then clear or pink on zones 2 & 3, and I think for the main it looks ok, but I wonder if there is any other little gems of advice that would be useful for making it a little easier?

Thanks guys :)

Sarah. xx

hmm i dont think a nno can look anymore natural than with a simple clear or translucent overlay. sometimes i do a french with a natural color powder and pink for those clients that like the natual look but dont have a very nice natural free edge color. unless maybe we're referring to two different things as "nno"-- natural nail overlay, correct?
Posted via Mobile Device

By NNO, I'm assuming you mean just overlaying the natural nail with out extending the free edge.
I think ot would be ok to use just a sheer pink, assuming the clients natural nails were pleasing in their own way, but if you want to give them a natural look using a natural look french, you can't go far wrong using Geeg's 'Secret Mix' for the free edge colour.....here's a link for it

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/48192-want-know-my-secret-mix.html

Also, here is the link to a thread I did showing sculpted nails using the secret mix & sheer pink (CND), I did extend the nail bed, they are not NNO btw.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-critiques/67833-p-w-sculpts-using-geegs-secret-recipe.html

HTH's xxxx

Hi girls

thanks for answering :)

Sorry if I confused you :o, yes I meant to extend the free edge if the nail was broken and needed to look the same as the others. I use the custom blend on the free edge then use either the clear or the pink to do 2 & 3.

Sarah. x

BTW Bev, Your pics are fab! :D

Hi girls

thanks for answering :)

Sorry if I confused you :o, yes I meant to extend the free edge if the nail was broken and needed to look the same as the others. I use the custom blend on the free edge then use either the clear or the pink to do 2 & 3.

Sarah. x

BTW Bev, Your pics are fab! :D

Thanks xxx

You can tweak the secret mix to make the colour more like the clients natural free edge colour,by adding say a bit of 'Melting Pot' to darken it, or a smidge of yellow etc, put a small amount into a dappen dish & add the different bit to that until you get the right colour. I have done this quite alot, with great sucess.
xxxx

Just a little add-on,

for a nice, natural looking free edge,
I like to mix half clear & half white, sometimes even more clear.
& for extra loveleyness I add a scoop of opal shimmer (nsi). :)

Just a little add-on,

for a nice, natural looking free edge,
I like to mix half clear & half white, sometimes even more clear.
& for extra loveleyness I add a scoop of opal shimmer (nsi). :)

That's very interesting...I've never seen that done (mixing White & Clear for the free edge). Have any photos? I assume you perfer that offer a "soft" white powder. Do you think the opacity of a soft white powder still makes it look a little fake?

To be honest with you, I've never tried the soft white :embarrassed*
I have the radient white, which I love to pieces.

Ill take pics & show them to you the next time I do them :hug:

To be honest with you, I've never tried the soft white :embarrassed*
I have the radient white, which I love to pieces.

Ill take pics & show them to you the next time I do them :hug:

Nothing to be embarrassed about! :hug:

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some pics in the future!

Last edited:
We use CND 50% soft white, 50% Natural and just a touch (and I mean, a small touch) of yellow. Gives a lovely natural free edge look.

Not my mix, pinched it from the lovely lasses in Aberdeen, but it works a treat!

Latest posts

Back