Seeing the same time on the clock repeatedly..??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my god!!! i am exactly the same 11:11!!! spooky

Oh my god... didn't this happen in 'Final Destination'.......................?

I wish id never watched the first final destination ... every time I get on a plane im waiting until we are up in the sky, I feel more comfortable then :lol: and happy at the fact the plane hasnt exploded!

Ha ha.. It's funny that alot of us can relate to this!!

Suppose it's one of those weird things that we all think we are alone with until we all find out like this how many people actually do experience the same sort of thing!!

I know it's silly, and it wont come true, but defo going to make a wish when I naturally look at 20:20 again now!! Ha!! :lol:

It probably wont happen for a while though now!!

Funny!! :green:

Hi there guys!!
I hope you are all great?! :hug:

I know this thread is quite old now, but just felt I had to add to it..
As I stated in the first post, I SO OFTEN see the time 20:20 when randomly checking the time... Find it quite scary really... :confused:

Well... I am starting a new full time position at a great company, called 20:20 on Tuesday!!!! :eek:

How freaky! I was saying to my fella 'oh my gosh, what if that's where I'm going to be doomed, or where I will die or something!!' :cry:

BUT he has said, maybe it's actually a positive thing, maybe 20:20 is the company where a fantastically successful career will develop!! :green:

Ha ha.. Just thought I'd tell you all with it having such an ironic company name!!!
:hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Have you been drinking loads of wine again?:lol::hug:

security! Can we get security here please!

What you mean guys?!?!?!!!?!
Ha ha !!!

Ok this is my one I was telling a friend they never believe me!!!! When I have to wke say for 7:30 I will wake at 7:25 say the next day i dont need to be up till say 8:15 I will set my alarm and be awake at 8:10 this my alarm never wakes me up i wake just before it goes off no matter what time i set it when i was working a job that was some evenings I would get in late one nigh and say set it for 10:30 again ad be awake just before it goes off spooky but there must be some kind of psychological reason for it!!!!:eek:

I think it's got to be 20:20 vision.

You're all barking mad:lol:. Well, I suppose I'll have to be the boring one who gives a rational explaination for this strange phenomenon!

There's an episode of Derren Brown where this is demonstrated perfectly. We all know that we only actively use 20% of our brains, but that we are also aware of a great deal of things without even knowing it, this is how some people can claim to be psychic or to be able to transfer psychic powers to people, they merely know how to unlock this subconscious information within you.
One of these things that we are subconsciously aware of is what time it is. It's more common than you think to wake up 5 minutes before your alarm goes off, because you are subconsciously aware of the time all the time.

If there is something drawing you to a particular time, or even if you've spotted the same time a couple of times by way of coincidence and are now consciously aware of it, subconsciously you may look out for that time on the clock. Also, this would heighten your awareness of the same number appearing in other ways such as on parking tickets.

I cant remember the episode, and I'm pants at adding links, but have a go on youtube and look for the Derren Brown experiment on time. He did this test with a horologist if that helps the search at all!

Edited: I just did a Youtube search for the clip which doesnt seem to be there, so here's a summary of the experiment I found on Google:

DB talks about the efficacy of body clocks, and introduces a horologist who then checks the room does not contain any time pieces. The horologist takes off his watch and clasps it in his hand, and DB is able to detect the vibration of the second hand reaching 12; DB then explains there is no vibration and it was merely a parlour trick in which he looked at the watch, noted the position of the second hand, and then counted the seconds until it reached 12. The horologist then picks a time between two and five minutes, which DB is able to measure to within a second without using a time piece. DB then asks for a period of time between one and three hours to repeat the measurement; the horologist has brought a book to help pass the time at which DB looks briefly [the clip stops to be completed after the next effect giving a sense of the time passing]

(Basically in the later clip in the programme, Derren is able to pinpoint the longer time, everyones amazed etc, but it really does demonstrate the subconscious body clock really well.)

Last edited:
LOL - this is certainly freaky and something I've had for years. Like many others mine is 11:11. Loved reading through this thread.

I have another explanation which is something to do with dentrites in the brain - each time you do or see something a thread develops in your brain, with each repetition of the action or thing the thread is thickened - helps you recognise things more readily I suppose. Anyway a good example of one that I was taught is about cars. Sounds dull but stick with me! If say a neighbour or friend gets a new car in a model that you've never seen before - guaranteed you will then see them everywhere! This isn't because everyone has rushed out and bought one, but because you have the thread formed in your brain. I guess much like the time - we all see hundreds of other times on the clock every day, but our brains filter those out - we remember the ones that seem to mean something to us.

Sorry if that sounds dull! It's not the scientific version that's for sure but seems to make some sense to me.

Linds x

I remember having this happen to me as well, enough to look it up!

Apparently constantly seeing 11:11 is a message from your Angels or Guardians, just letting you know that they are around you, and looking out for you. Like a little hello!

Obviously it's "psychic stuff" and some people take it seriously, others don't. So take it how you will.

Don't know about 20:20 but will try and find out for you! :)

You're all barking mad:lol:. Well, I suppose I'll have to be the boring one who gives a rational explaination for this strange phenomenon!

There's an episode of Derren Brown where this is demonstrated perfectly. We all know that we only actively use 20% of our brains, but that we are also aware of a great deal of things without even knowing it, this is how some people can claim to be psychic or to be able to transfer psychic powers to people, they merely know how to unlock this subconscious information within you.
One of these things that we are subconsciously aware of is what time it is. It's more common than you think to wake up 5 minutes before your alarm goes off, because you are subconsciously aware of the time all the time.

If there is something drawing you to a particular time, or even if you've spotted the same time a couple of times by way of coincidence and are now consciously aware of it, subconsciously you may look out for that time on the clock. Also, this would heighten your awareness of the same number appearing in other ways such as on parking tickets.

I cant remember the episode, and I'm pants at adding links, but have a go on youtube and look for the Derren Brown experiment on time. He did this test with a horologist if that helps the search at all!

Edited: I just did a Youtube search for the clip which doesnt seem to be there, so here's a summary of the experiment I found on Google:

DB talks about the efficacy of body clocks, and introduces a horologist who then checks the room does not contain any time pieces. The horologist takes off his watch and clasps it in his hand, and DB is able to detect the vibration of the second hand reaching 12; DB then explains there is no vibration and it was merely a parlour trick in which he looked at the watch, noted the position of the second hand, and then counted the seconds until it reached 12. The horologist then picks a time between two and five minutes, which DB is able to measure to within a second without using a time piece. DB then asks for a period of time between one and three hours to repeat the measurement; the horologist has brought a book to help pass the time at which DB looks briefly [the clip stops to be completed after the next effect giving a sense of the time passing]

(Basically in the later clip in the programme, Derren is able to pinpoint the longer time, everyones amazed etc, but it really does demonstrate the subconscious body clock really well.)

I couldnt agree more with this explanation!
After the 911 attack in America I kept seeing 9.11 everywhere! for months and months...I looked at the clock...it was 911...anywhere there was numbers it seemed to always say 911 or had 911 in it when i looked at it...clocks, phone numbers, bar codes...anything with numbers in...it was freaking me out at one point...I kept thinking that maybe it meant i was gonna die in a terrorist atack or something! I think i even mentioned it to my bf at the time that i kept seeing that number everywhere........it freaked me out a bit but really i knew that it was only because of constantly hearing and seeing 911 because of the enormous amount of media coverage when the attacks happened and for a long time after, etc....really it was just my subconscious homing in on those particular numbers where ever they appeared.

Latest posts

Back