she pulled her L&P off with water....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
Just had a girl ring me, her mate did her nails for free last week, white tips with L&P overlay (from what I can gather) and she said she kept them on for a week then used water and brute force to pull them off. I dont think she will be ringing me back for an appt (she squealed at my prices) but if she does she says she will insist on tips, but I fear her nat nail may be in bad condition due to her pulling the tips off, and picking the acrylic off.

I am not sure how to handle this, what would you do?

:lol:...i am sure the water played no part in this....although the brute force might have...:lol:

if she rings back book her in...look at her nails and judge from there...chances are that they wont be too bad (unless she does this very often) and just do whatever she wants.

y- do people pull them off that no way to take nails off
no no no some people

OMG... what??? the water may have helped numb the pain if it was cold...lol... but no really... if a friend did them for free then i can only imagine that she is training or just qualified if so the lady in question would not have had the benefit of a good set of L&P and would not have pulled them off.... my love is L & P and i hate to hear this....

on another level are you at the Nailympics 2008 if so i am trying to make a Geek Meet??

thanks for the advice guys!

No I am not I'm afraid, living in the middle of nowhere does have its disadvantages! :(

:eek: omg how can people do this,it must of hurt.
it makes me cringe just thinkig about it.
anyway back to the question,i would just wait and see you cant decide on anything without seeing her nails first so atleast you have already got the heads up.im sure whatever you do will be fine.
let us know what you end up doing if she calls you.xx

she could be telling you porkies................................no way does water help to get these buggers off - the teeth might tho.
when you look at her nails (the ones shes pulled off) look close at the natural nail bed, it tells lots - if there are jaggered, white, bits, looks abit like torn material thats normally a sign that they were ripped off with force, i know, cos ive done it to my own nails, and i dont have the best nails in the world, but i KNOW when a client has forced their nails off - if this is the case with the client - then she pays for a new set......................tips or what ever - its your price - or she dont get the nails. full stop.

did you ever go into boots and tell them you will only pay a certain price for sumthing? no... didnt think so, its the same with techs, IF they want your nail knowledge etc, they pay for it

It,s the same as pulling them off with the help of air :lol:

Hiyah
I am not surprised that this lady pulled her nails off in water as I remember before I really got into nails professionally that I would buy shop bought tips and the instructions were to remove them in warm water!!! OUCH it hurt!!

I then went to college and was taught the correct removal procedure and then I found myself educating the client as all newbies too wearing nail enhancements think that salon nails are like the glorified stick ons and that you pull them off.

I would offer this lady a manicure and perhaps nno depending on how much trauma has been caused to the nail plate and then drum into her the importance of aftercare and the correct removal at least then this information should filter back to the original technician who obviously needs further training!

Sue

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back