Shellac colours on Nail Disks & Colour Pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Witch

Reaction score
Hi, this has probably been asked before:
When you put your Shellac colours on a colour wheel or colour pop, do you do all four steps ie
Base coat
Colour coat x2
Top coat
Your advice, ladies, will be invaluable.
Thanks xx

you don't need to use the base coat when putting the colours on the colour pops xx

Hiya :)

You don't need the base coat when applying the colours to the colour wheel/pop as the base is designed for the shellac to bond to the natural nail plate. Its your choice really if you want to put top coat on them :) x

Thanks all, have just ordered some finger pops, cant wait for them to arrive so I can have a play with layering as well. x

Also, you do not NEED Shellac top coat. I use one coat of Speedy and one coat of Lumos top coats. Works great! :)

Personally i would have thought that using Shellac top coat would be the best ... That way you show the colour and shine as a client would expect it.

If you don't use Shellac top coat, do you just wipe the sticky layer on the colour coat?

Sorry for hi-jacking.

Would you use scrubfresh to clean the colour pops before you start putting the colour on?
Thanks for all the replies.
My colour pops have just arrived & I cant wait to get started. x

I lightly buff the pop with an old buffer so the Shellac has something to stick to, apply 2 coats of colour (as normal) and then Lumos over the top (with out wiping). Seems to work fine and looks nice and shiny.
Hope this helps :)
x

Thanks Claire F. And thanks to everyone else. Happy Shellacing, x

hooray for the search button, was just about to settle down and paint some sticks!!

Thanks all.

Another hooray! Just marking for tomorrow thanks peeps x

No need to buff the colour pop, you dont buff the nail so why that??

I also find a good trick is when your using your top coat and you think its finished and about to throw it away i keep it and use my brisa brush to get right to the bottom and use this for colour pops! Waist not want not ;) x

Oh i also like to use Shellac top coat as when on my colour wheel if i want to show a client want a colour will look like layer eg. Iced coral over Gotcha i can just quickly paint a bit of Iced coral over the Gotcha on the wheel to show them, then wipe it of with D.sperse you could do that with out Shellac topcoat x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Do you scrubfresh the colour pops first? Xx

I paint the Shellac or polish on the reverse side then no need for top coat as it is nice and shiney. With Shellac I've been doing 3 very thin coats and I wipe over with dsperse after as it takes a little bit of colour off. The look so nice!
:)
Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Should have said that's with the colour pops!

I paint the Shellac or polish on the reverse side then no need for top coat as it is nice and shiney. With Shellac I've been doing 3 very thin coats and I wipe over with dsperse after as it takes a little bit of colour off. The look so nice!
:)

that a great idea! thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back