Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone go to these things on there own? I would love to go but don't want to go on my own, does anyone drag the other half along with them!!!:o

Thats what stopped me too!

Does anyone go to these things on there own? I would love to go but don't want to go on my own, does anyone drag the other half along with them!!!:o

Some people do bring their other half (sorry .. and then in ten minutes wish they hadn't because they get straight into a conversation and they walk away with friends). But you can of course bring the other half. There is a great party on the Saturday night and plenty of guys will be there too.

You could ask if anyone is coming form Horsham area and perhaps even get offered a lift?

Thats what stopped me too!
dont let going on your own stop you!!!!!!
I went on my own last year and still had a great time, your not on your own for long. You'll soon meet other people there. Everyone is really friendly. Get that ticket booked and pm me, i'll meet you. Im meeting up with a few others too. xxx

Some people do bring their other half (sorry .. and then in ten minutes wish they hadn't because they get straight into a conversation and they walk away with friends). But you can of course bring the other half. There is a great party on the Saturday night and plenty of guys will be there too.

You could ask if anyone is coming form Horsham area and perhaps even get offered a lift?

This is exactly the reason why I would go on my own and not take my other half/friend. They'd get bored, not know what we're talking about and I'd feel like I'd have to make sure they were alright all night.

This time last year I'd only just started on this journey. I was going to go to the Scottish Beauty show myself as I wanted to get right into it and not worry about them being bored. Ended up going with someone I'd only just met 2 weeks before the show from my college nail class.

I suggest we all get back on the TOPIC of this thread which is Shellac from CND. At Sweet Squared we have been Shellac-ing every nail tech that walks in to the shop. They are all adoring it and wanting to buy it there and then on the spot. But they have to wait until after the EVENT. By the time the EVENT is over they will all have had the time to see how fantastically it wears and how shiny it stays .... you all know how much time I spend typing away on my computer ... not a single solitary chip ... how about that??

... not a single solitary chip ... how about that??

LOVE IT! I CANNOT wait til May 17, my 'Shellac Attack' date! Oh, and I am going alone. Better to go alone than not go at all. :)

Last edited:
Oh I could just pee my pants!!!!!

My boss went to the show in Vegas where they had a limited stock on hand to BUY. She made that stop top priority! :)

She had preordered a bunch of stuff including the light a few weeks ago...but because the light was delayed, we weren't expecting shipment to arrive until mid to late June.

So...she went to the show and bought so much goodies!!!!

2 starter kits, a Brisa lamp!!!, 6 other shellac shades....shipped today to the spa! :D She is still going to get her preorder as well, which was a kit, a few of the other colors that didn't come in the starter, and the shellac lamp... I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I have been telling all the clients about it and there are so many excited. One today said she'd call back in a week! :D

WHHHHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I don't think I'm sleeping tonight...nope! Too excited!!! lol

LOVE IT! I CANNOT wait til May 17, my 'Shellac Attack' date! Oh, and I am going alone. Better to go alone than not go at all. :)

The nail tech I work with and I are going to this class also :) See ya there!

The nail tech I work with and I are going to this class also :) See ya there!

Awesome! Three weeks from Monday...but who's counting? :)

Sorry if I overead or did not understand here::o:?:

can the Shellac Colors also be used on Gel or Acryl extensions?
and if yes, can they be removed again the same way???:?:

Thank you very much for your answer!!!!

Yes they can be used over any enhancement what you can do to remove them if you are going to do a rebalance is to just file it off it wont clog up your file as much as polish.
I wouldn't use the wraps as the acetone will damage the enhancement below the Shellac so filing of is a great option :hug:

Look, Shellac can be used over any enhancement system ... why would you think that it might not be able To be?

BUT here is the thing ... Shellac is going to be a HUGELY popular salon service ... HUGE. Your clients will be begging for it ... BUT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND YOU THE TECHNICIANS HAVE TO BE CHARGING RESPONSIBLY FOR THE SERVICE. Sweet Squared would like to reinforce this message to all. Shellac is a high end product and it needs to be premium priced.

None of the, "OH I'LL SHELLAC YOUR NAILS FOR AN EXTRA £5 .... Shellac costs more than polish and your price for adding Shellac needs to be 20% more than your enhancement service price added on to the cost.

Standard Manicure, Pedicures or Spa pedicures and manicures you must add 50% of the service cost if you are going to Shellac the client.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard Manicure, Pedicures or Spa pedicures and manicures you must add 50% of the service cost if you are going to Shellac the client.

I totally agree with this geeg, but (only a little but) if I follow this rule my charges will be:

Classic manicure £15 Classic with Shellac £22.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £7.50

SpaManicure £25 SpaManicure with Shellac £37.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £12.50

see my point?

So better to charge £10 for both?

I totally agree with this geeg, but (only a little but) if I follow this rule my charges will be:

Classic manicure £15 Classic with Shellac £22.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £7.50

SpaManicure £25 SpaManicure with Shellac £37.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £12.50

see my point?

So better to charge £10 for both?

Sure ... it is a guide .. clients are paying for our time at the end of the day. The main thing is that technicians who don't have a good business sense are Given it by we who can help with that, as we do not want this service undervalued. There are quite enough silly people who charge silly prices for what they do because THEY have no confidence to do what they should be doing. Frankly it is causing problems in our industry.

When I think I was charging 35£ for full sets 25 years ago and look at the rediculous amounts people are charging today!!

Can you cure all five fingers in the Brisa lamp, like the Shellac lamp?

When I think I was charging 35£ for full sets 25 years ago and look at the rediculous amounts people are charging today!!

This is a really good point Geeg. It is one of the reasons that I only have high end nail services in my salons like minx. Price competition in nail work makes it uneconomic at UK pay rates.
25 years ago, you could get a head of highlights for £20, we now charge around £120. How come nail techs are robbing themselves blind by undercharging?

Can you cure all five fingers in the Brisa lamp, like the Shellac lamp?

No you can't, that's why the new one sounds so exciting!

Having said that, I find the current Brisa lamp the easiest I have ever used as it has a type of shelf to fit your fingers under whilst curing the thumbs so not really a problem ifyour budget won't stretch to the new one :D

I wonder what the guidelines will be regarding Shellac removal pricing?

To ensure minimal natural nail damage I include professional removal price in my 'one off' enhancements for brides, proms etc so I know the client will come back and not pick them off.

I also do this for first time clients so might be an idea for Shellac?

Maybe free removal if getting Re-Shellaced!

This is a really good point Geeg. It is one of the reasons that I only have high end nail services in my salons like minx. Price competition in nail work makes it uneconomic at UK pay rates.
25 years ago, you could get a head of highlights for £20, we now charge around £120. How come nail techs are robbing themselves blind by undercharging?

My thoughts are that it started when the so called NSS started popping up all over the place....they did really cheep nails and then everyone started to try and match their prices...undercutting each other to try and compete....downwards slope from there on........thats why i refuse to do it. If someone wants cheaper than me then go elsewhere....i would rather do 1 client at my rates than work twice as hard and do 2 clients at the cheaper salons rates for the same money.

I don't recall the equivalent "NSS" in the hairdressing world happening and so maybe thats why there is a difference in how the times and earning potentials have evolved...???

I feel very sorry for those nail techs/salons that were doing well...charging £50+ for a set of nails and then found themselves surrounded by NSS/cheep salons offering full sets for £15 and watching there business crumble and could do nothing about it, in desperation they price match.

Unfortunately the paying public often think a set of nails is a set of nails is a set of nails.

I have good, loyal, educated clients who have been with me from the start, but i still get the phone calls from new potential clients who's first question is "how much"...like thats the deciding factor...shame but true.

(sorry we seem to have gone off topic, very interesting though..:)

No you can't, that's why the new one sounds so exciting!

Having said that, I find the current Brisa lamp the easiest I have ever used as it has a type of shelf to fit your fingers under whilst curing the thumbs so not really a problem ifyour budget won't stretch to the new one :D

My boss ordered the Shellac lamp too, but it won't be in till mid to late June. I was just asking since she picked up the Brisa lamp at the Vegas show with a bunch of Shellac goodies! :D

Latest posts

Back