Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this something we will be able to maintenance every two weeks or will clients have to have it soaked off and re-applied every time?

It's why shellac interests me Bagpuss. As I employ, I cannot compete with NSS, so syick to nail services which are only available to salons.

We have managed to get our therapists and clients excited about this new service.

Is this something we will be able to maintenance every two weeks or will clients have to have it soaked off and re-applied every time?

They will be soaked off and re-applied at every appointment.
This gives them the choice to change colour easily every 2 weeks :hug:

Hi,

I asked this question aswell wondering if the nailfresh tip would work on this and Mrs O kindly responded telling me to do the following

Base coat- cure
Cream puff very thinly- backbrush with a clean dry gel brush if you need to sharpen smile line- cure
Negligee or Romantique-cure
Cream puff thinly again-cure
Top Coat- cure
Wipe with Iso Alcohol
I would not be inclined to use anything but a clean brush to tidy smile line.
Scrubfresh or nailfresh are great with L&P but with Shellac being so" light"
i would be afraid you might see a mark.
It is so new to us ,we have not had feedback on this as yet,but the above works really well.
The topcoat smooths out any slight dips you may get from backbrushing.
Hope this helps for fab smile lines!

Thanks Mrs O

So if you need to clean up the smile line on the second app, will it mess up the coat of negligee/romantique? Is simply applying one coat of cream puff with coat of negligee/romantique not an option? TIA!

can i just ask, who or what is NSS ?:o

can i just ask, who or what is NSS ?:o

NSS is a non-standard salon. Ie conveyer belt salons, £15 per set in 30 min that looks like mount Everest with 2 kilos of material on each nail. Probably MMA users.

Thanks to everybody for your reply-
I will follow this thread for further information.

im not sure if this question has been answered i cant seem to find it, but i have a daylight 36 watt UV lamp and wonder if i would be able to use this with the shellac system? many thanx

I totally agree with this geeg, but (only a little but) if I follow this rule my charges will be:

Classic manicure £15 Classic with Shellac £22.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £7.50

SpaManicure £25 SpaManicure with Shellac £37.50
therefore Shellac cost to client £12.50

see my point?

So better to charge £10 for both?

I am in the same boat here, scratching my head trying to figure out how to price it...
I totally agree with the above as we have similar prices and BUT I would only just break even charging £10.00!!! with the overheads I have, so I was going to do Shellac as a stand alone treatment, so that it has its on treatment time including removal time too.

I am thinking of charging £20.00 plus for this treatment "BUT & GREAT BIG BUT" if I charge that price I know I will be out priced by other salons..........argh!!!
HELP please!!

I am in the same boat here, scratching my head trying to figure out how to price it...
I totally agree with the above as we have similar prices and BUT I would only just break even charging £10.00!!! with the overheads I have, so I was going to do Shellac as a stand alone treatment, so that it has its on treatment time including removal time too.

I am thinking of charging £20.00 plus for this treatment "BUT & GREAT BIG BUT" if I charge that price I know I will be out priced by other salons..........argh!!!
HELP please!!

I'm going to wait until I go for training next week before deciding on a price as I'm sure the recommended treatment price will be covered and you'll adjust this to suit your salon/area.

As a stand alone treatment I'm guessing it will be in the area of £25, but that's just me guessing. Will see next week.

im not sure if this question has been answered i cant seem to find it, but i have a daylight 36 watt UV lamp and wonder if i would be able to use this with the shellac system? many thanx

You'd need to give sweet squared a call, they will be able to advise you re lamps as it's the UV output which is important rather than the wattage.
HTH, Lou x

No one can say - wattage has very little to do with UV output and that is the most important part of working with any UV cured products. Those saying otherwise are just trying to sell you a lamp (or flog their products) ;)

You can get guidelines on pricing and you can get products per service costs but no one can decide what it the right price for your salon other than you!

You know your overheads and you know (hopefully) your market. What is important here is that you are confident and don't get scared by your competition.

It doesn;t matter what the salon down the road is charging. Make sure you are the first in your area to offer this premium and innovative service and shout about it. Do a fabulous job and encourage client loyalty by giving your client exactly what they want: if they want fast, give them fast; if they want luxury, give them luxury; if they just want cheap than let them go down the road as nothing you can do will satisfy that client (unless you are a discount salon)

With regards to removal you must add 15mins (5 to apply and remove wraps and 10mins soak off) In a salon that cannot be free BUT the wraps can be applied by anyone! Or if your client doesn't want to pay for the removal give her the removal pack (as part of the service but don't forget to add in the cost) and she can do it at home. The instructions on the pack are quite clear.

is it ok to give the client the removal pack for them to do themselves ?
this would be great as i hope to offer shellac to brides, bridesmaids etc . will save me having to go back to them 2 weeks after the wedding!

will save me having to go back to them 2 weeks after the wedding!

Isn't this an opportunity to earn money? No way am I letting my clients do home removals if I can charge for it!

Isn't this an opportunity to earn money? No way am I letting my clients do home removals if I can charge for it!

I think Blush was thinking of brides and wedding parties that will want this as a 1 off. She's mobile so would have to go back for removal that's already been included in the price of the treatment. So she's already been paid and going back to remove and will not recieve any payment.

I'm thinking of doing similar to Calgel techs. They retail Calaway to their clients for home use so that they have bare nails when they come for their next appointment and charge if the client wants removal in the salon.

I don't plan to put the removal fee in with the application fee. I will have one price for application, another for removal and another for removal with repeat application. I too am mobile but always state a minimum spend for going to a clients house. This can be spent on 2 treatments if wanted but I wouldn't be making a return journey just for a removal as it's not cost effective for me.

I'm not sure about sending the client off with the removal packs if only having Shellac as a one off, maybe some-one from CND will respond regarding this.

I don't plan to put the removal fee in with the application fee. I will have one price for application, another for removal and another for removal with repeat application. I too am mobile but always state a minimum spend for going to a clients house. This can be spent on 2 treatments if wanted but I wouldn't be making a return journey just for a removal as it's not cost effective for me.

I'm not sure about sending the client off with the removal packs if only having Shellac as a one off, maybe some-one from CND will respond regarding this.

I thought I read in an early thread something about removal being included. Could be wrong though.

I also thought I read that you could give/sell/whatever the wraps to your client for removal at home.

Again I could be wrong and imaginig all this. Has been known. As I said I'm going for training next week and I'm sure all of this will be covered then.

I thought I read in an early thread something about removal being included. Could be wrong though.

I also thought I read that you could give/sell/whatever the wraps to your client for removal at home.

Again I could be wrong and imaginig all this. Has been known. As I said I'm going for training next week and I'm sure all of this will be covered then.

Nobody can tell you how you have to charge your own clients. It has been suggested by some that they will include removal in the price and this would work well in a salon, but it wouldn't work if you are mobile because of petrol and time costs. Although I guess you could argue that the client would be more likely to have another service if you are going back.

I also think that if I gave my clients the wraps to remove Shellac themselves I am missing out on a service I can charge for, and also they would be more likely to have it reapplied if I was there removing it as I said before. Am I being greedy? I hope it's just business sense.

I agree, removal included in price for mobile techs is not cost effective.

I'm still undecided on the issue of giving clients remover wraps. On the one hand I think it will be good for regular clients. Looking at it from a clients point of view if I'm getting it done regularly I'd rather remove the product myself to make it a quicker appointment for new colour. Obviously from a tech's point of view I want them to pay for more treatments.

Latest posts

Back