Shellac matte

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you all know that i AM NOT INTO NAIL ART IN A BIG WAY LOL despite being an artist myself.

To me, Anna Lee's technique has moved Shellac nail art a big couple of notches up the ladder.

Anna's technique gives a classy, elegant , chic and subtle look that discerning women will actually wear. Nails like these could even go into the office and the word 'tacky' would never come to mind. I think they look lovely and am looking forward to seeing more using this technique.

As to the 'matting' technique, The buffing that Anna has done is minimal and only removes the shine .. a 1200 grit Koala buffer will not dig into or undermine the Shellac top coat at all. I would stick to Anna's buffing technique for the reasons she has given above, and not use a matte top coat that you would have to wait to dry first and I personally cannot see any benefit to using it over the light buffing.

They are lovely :)
Vicki xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Anna You are so clever for taking Shellac art to another level.... YOU thought of this and its absolutly fantastic.....fantastic work as I said to you before.... inspiring xxxx

Aww.. thanks so much for crediting me Ruth.. :hug:
But technically it really isn't 'my nail'... I saw the idea somewhere and I just sat down and thought about how to do it with Shellac...
Thank you everyone for liking the idea... Please have a go everyone as I would love to see how everyone can elaborate on this idea...

I have to agree i find this a classier, wearable nail art.
Despite being from essex I am not one for wearing glitter on my fingers but this i love, i'm going to be having a go if i get some time today to use it on my own nails, i really do love it!
I loved the matt top coat but dont wear polish as i cant keep it on whilst doing nails, now i can wear matt.
Well done flower, and your modest too, take credit where its due! xxx

Another couple that I did....

Shellac Matte Embossed Roses

Attachments

• DSCF7865.JPG
    DSCF7865.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 825
Gosh they are stunning. :)
Vicki xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Wow, those flowers look like they're made of water!!

If the topcoat is thicker would you need to cure it for longer, or just the same timings?

Wow! you are so clever - they look amazing and a great way to introduce clients to nail art.

My clients would love this! subtle and elegant! Amazing! (if I could get it right!)

and kind of you to share with us.

Thank you! :biggrin:

If the topcoat is thicker would you need to cure it for longer, or just the same timings?

I've not found that I needed to cure for longer.
The top coat needs to be just that tiny bit thicker to allow room for buffing. But if you are worried, then maybe try 2 thin coats of the top coats and cure them one after another?

Hope that helps.

Thank you...x
Please have a go Nataliya...
Your Shellac art work is fantastic and you are so good at what you do that I would LOVE to see your own version of the Matt Shellac... :hug:

Really want to have a go) will do )

Nail designer with a twist;)

nailsinlondon1-albums-shellac-picture36358-matte-shellac.jpg

So much fun to do xxx This is on Shellac thats been on a week, lol, gave it a little twist and its good to go for a little while longer lol xxx

Nailslondon1 - after the buffing, was the pattern made out of top coat, or more colour? (I'm guessing top coat, but I'm just checking)

These are stunning, and I thank you for the inspiration! I hope to try these next week!

The inspiration pic may well have been a Gelish one. We have been doing something similar for months at our design classes and loads of pics available. It IS a great look whatever system is used :biggrin:

I think it was Beverley Rose who came up with it for us

Last edited:
Beverly Rose is a very talented lady and has done some stuning Gelish work.
You are right it doesn't matter whats being used, the look is brilliant and so delicate and wearable, it's no wonder we are all loving this technique...xxxx

It's very nice of Moosebat to think I came up with the matt idea:o, however,, it was Danny Haile - Mr Gelish himself, who first did this design well over a year ago with Gelish, as well as quite a few others, as can be seen on Nail Harmony Unitedkingdoms Facebook page.

I have done quite a few matt Gelish nails, which I have placed on Facebook for everyone to see. And people do seem to love them, so it's no wonder that others want to try them out with their brand.

It's great to do nail art & designs with the gel polishes, as you've found, you can create some lovely work.

And thanks Ruth for the compliment hun, you're an ace nail tech yourself :hug:xxxxxx

No one person can take credit for anything and it is just silly to try to do so.

I have been matting the shine on nails for years and started doing it when I had male clients who did not want a shiny surface. I even posted about it years ago right here on this site.

Any clever nail tech will come up with these ideas herself which doesn't make them unique. We are all influenced by others and what they do. The real important issue is sharing those ideas amongst ourselves without trying to hog or take the credit for it. Or to steal someone's thunder when they have done something beautiful and try to gain an advantage from it.

I'm sorry and this may be a silly question but what is dspearse?

Latest posts

Back