Shellac/Minx - dry prep or cuticle away(or similar)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
When you do stand alone Minx or Shellac do you do a dry prep or use cuticle away?

I would always use cuticle away but recently I've started to do a dry prep to try to shave off some time. Not sure it is actually saving me much time though. I sometimes think I'm spending more time gently removing cuticle than if I were to apply cuticle away, let it work and remove with water. IYGWIM.

When you do stand alone Minx or Shellac do you do a dry prep or use cuticle away?

I would always use cuticle away but recently I've started to do a dry prep to try to shave off some time. Not sure it is actually saving me much time though. I sometimes think I'm spending more time gently removing cuticle than if I were to apply cuticle away, let it work and remove with water. IYGWIM.

I always use cuticle away, its best to get the prep 100% spot on in the first place so i dont mind if it takes that touch longer using it but i dont think it does really xx

If it's new client cuticle away, depends I will judge on condition of clients nail plate. If being reshellaced minxed I almost always dry pep, as I do with my L&P clients xx

I aways use cuticle away. That way I can be sure I have removed debris that I cant actually see on the nail plate.

I have to remind myself to wash it off tho. More than once I have forgotten and had a panic in the car on the way home over of they would peel quickly :eek:

I always do cuticle away. I think it's more comfortable for most clients and gets a smoother result. My trick is I apply the cuticle away and then shape the nails with clippers while it sits. It's the perfect amount of time to sit (1-2 min) without wasting any time.

I always do cuticle away. I think it's more comfortable for most clients and gets a smoother result. My trick is I apply the cuticle away and then shape the nails with clippers while it sits. It's the perfect amount of time to sit (1-2 min) without wasting any time.

I like this idea. Im always looking for ways to cut down time as I ALWAYS go over my alloted time for a treatment.

I do exactly the same as Katiebbaby.

I use cuticle away on the first appointment then dry pep on repeat appointments you very much have to judge each individual some need very little pep others need a huge amount.
:)

New client=Cuticle Away. After I shape the first hand, I apply CA then move on the the second hand. By the time I get back to the first hand, the CA has worked its magic.

For repeat clients, I'll do a dry or CA mani, depending on the condition of their cuticles. HTH! :)

always Cuticle Away, just keep a spray bottle to clean them off with.

I'm confused! I know I know, we've been here several times before and I apologise but just want to clarify a few things before I get started with Shellac. Have the rack and few extra colours and just waiting on the lamp.

Right I know it is 50% increase on normal manicure/pedicure services. So my question is, if you are using cuticle away and not doing any of the soaking etc, then the paint job are you now counting this as your normal mani/pedi plus 50% or not. You following or am I confusing everyone. So I guess in your normal manicure for instance you would do a hand/arm massage. So do you finish off after you have Shellac'd with the massage or not bother?

Thanks guys. I know this has probably been covered already so again I apologise!

I did this today. Quite liked it. Think this is what I'll do from now on. I always keep a spray water bottle on hand.

Latest posts

Back