Shellac - only Rose Bud not wrapping off ?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
hi all

ive done a dozen or so shellac manicures - and have wrapped off and re-shellac'd 3 so far with no problems at all and yes wrapped off in 10 minutes - so far these have all been Fedora and Red Baroness

yesterday i wrapped off (or attempted to) Rose Bud ... wrapped with lint free pad with acetone and silver foil (as i have done previously with other colours) .... 10 minutes later took one nail off and not much had budged at all so i applied a new soaked pad and re-wrapped, 15 minutes later i checked it and still not off ?! the product had broken down a little but still firmly on the nail - would not flake off with a birch stick - all the nails were the same so one by one i re-wrapped all of the nails again with fresh acetone and lint pad etc

i have to say after a further 10 minutes and still most of the rosebud on the nails i ended up having to remove the remaining product with a koala

this client incidentally had only had them on for 7 days and wanted them removing prior to holiday as they had grown out quite a bit - all my other clients had worn theirs for the 14 days and wrapped off with no problems at all in 10 minutes

I have posted this in the main forum in case this gets missed in the Shellac group

I will call S2 on tuesday when i can get a break between clients but am baffled and nervous using this colour again or some of the other colours i havent used yet at the moment and cant understand it - thankfully i didnt have any clients after as this would have impacted them as i have been only allocating enough time based on previous wrap off / re-shellac appointments

Everything from application to wrapping off is exactly the same as my other clients

any ideas ?

thanks

kx

hi all

ive done a dozen or so shellac manicures - and have wrapped off and re-shellac'd 3 so far with no problems at all and yes wrapped off in 10 minutes - so far these have all been Fedora and Red Baroness

yesterday i wrapped off (or attempted to) Rose Bud ... wrapped with lint free pad with acetone and silver foil (as i have done previously with other colours) .... 10 minutes later took one nail off and not much had budged at all so i applied a new soaked pad and re-wrapped, 15 minutes later i checked it and still not off ?! the product had broken down a little but still firmly on the nail - would not flake off with a birch stick - all the nails were the same so one by one i re-wrapped all of the nails again with fresh acetone and lint pad etc

i have to say after a further 10 minutes and still most of the rosebud on the nails i ended up having to remove the remaining product with a koala

this client incidentally had only had them on for 7 days and wanted them removing prior to holiday as they had grown out quite a bit - all my other clients had worn theirs for the 14 days and wrapped off with no problems at all in 10 minutes

I have posted this in the main forum in case this gets missed in the Shellac group

I will call S2 on tuesday when i can get a break between clients but am baffled and nervous using this colour again or some of the other colours i havent used yet at the moment and cant understand it - thankfully i didnt have any clients after as this would have impacted them as i have been only allocating enough time based on previous wrap off / re-shellac appointments

Everything from application to wrapping off is exactly the same as my other clients

any ideas ?

thanks

kx

I have also noticed that Rosebud took slightly longer, but not as long as you have mentioned. I left for 10 mins, scraped, rewrapped for a couple of mins and the rest came away. I assumed it was because this client doesn't use Solar oil and the product was brittle and difficult to scrape?
Posted via Mobile Device

I havent found this problem with rosebud. I had been using the incorrect remover and even with that it was coming off in the same time as the others (am going to get myself some d-solve).

If I were you and are curious i'd try it out on yourself for a bit and see how it goes.

I JUST took my Rosebud off a few mins. ago. After 10 mins., the color was still on my nail BUT when I took the birchwood stick to it, it came off beautifully! HTH! :)

Ive had the same experience as deanosnana last week ... colour didn't move off as easily with the wrap, but came off in 10 with the manicure stick. Either way it was off in ten.

I was not using D-solve ... I was using the mundo remover which is not nearly as quick as D-solve. Did you change your remover by any chance?

no i used acetone, like i have for previous clients

i have used the manicure stick previously and any remaining shellac, usually on side walls just flaked away easily or even wiped off with an hands down pad with acetone

when i tried with the manicure stick this time i felt it was scraping too hard to continue, so re-wrapped and in the end had to koala the rest of it off

am baffled - could someones body/nails have an impact on shellac ?? am clutching at straws as that and the first use of this colour is the only difference between clients so far

kx

Ive had the same experience as deanosnana last week ... colour didn't move off as easily with the wrap, but came off in 10 with the manicure stick. Either way it was off in ten.

I was not using D-solve ... I was using the mundo remover which is not nearly as quick as D-solve. Did you change your remover by any chance?

I JUST took my Rosebud off a few mins. ago. After 10 mins., the color was still on my nail BUT when I took the birchwood stick to it, it came off beautifully! HTH! :)

I had a similar situation with the Hot Chillies... but I used the birch stick that comes with the wraps and it came off very easily. I then just soaked a Handsdown pad with D-Solve and wiped over each nail after using the stick and it wiped all remaining colour away lovely.

I am loving this new product :)

im loving it too jen, its just that i felt it was way too secure still to remove with the manicure/birch stick and felt i was scraping too hard - it wasnt flaking off or coming away

kx

I had a similar situation with the Hot Chillies... but I used the birch stick that comes with the wraps and it came off very easily. I then just soaked a Handsdown pad with D-Solve and wiped over each nail after using the stick and it wiped all remaining colour away lovely.

I am loving this new product :)

no i used acetone, like i have for previous clients

i have used the manicure stick previously and any remaining shellac, usually on side walls just flaked away easily or even wiped off with an hands down pad with acetone

when i tried with the manicure stick this time i felt it was scraping too hard to continue, so re-wrapped and in the end had to koala the rest of it off

am baffled - could someones body/nails have an impact on shellac ?? am clutching at straws as that and the first use of this colour is the only difference between clients so far

kx

Thicker application than normal? Did the client herself use anything on top ???? that she didn't tell you about?
As suggested, why not try it on yourself to see. Body chemistry would not affect Shellac this way.

thank you, yes im going to have to, i think i'll try the rest of the colours on each finger for the 7 days that she had had hers on - no she hadn't touched them at all

kx

Thicker application than normal? Did the client herself use anything on top ???? that she didn't tell you about?
As suggested, why not try it on yourself to see. Body chemistry would not affect shellac this way.

Hi what would be an alternative to d-solve and could you please tell me what base product (i.e. non branded) should I use to remove the sticky layer if I cant use scrubfresh - I'm making a guess but the small acetone amounts in Scrubfresh is probably the reason against using this - would a generic gel cleaner do the trick if it didnt contain acetone?
thanks
Cait

Hi what would be an alternative to d-solve and could you please tell me what base product (i.e. non branded) should I use to remove the sticky layer if I cant use scrubfresh Cait

Hi, in our Shellac Attack class, we were told to use 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove the inhibition layer. It works great. HTH! :)

I've had some removals where I thought I was scraping too hard. I gave a wee wipe with D.solve then back to orange stick and it flaked away.

hi I just started using the shallac and for my clients it comes off less than 10 days do you absolutely have to use the cnd lamp. my lamp seems to cure it just fine it has two 9 watt bulbs?? I dont want to give up on this product since i bought the salon line.

hi I just started using the shallac and for my clients it comes off less than 10 days do you absolutely have to use the cnd lamp. my lamp seems to cure it just fine it has two 9 watt bulbs?? I dont want to give up on this product since i bought the salon line.

I'm so sorry but how can you state that the Shellac isn't lasting as long, and in the same sentence say that your lamp is curing it fine??? If not a CND lamp you WILL have problems, as I have said before, the lamp to a gel or hybrid system is what the monomer is for a polymer system, it really is essential....

Buy the lamp and I'm sure they will last xxx

Latest posts

Back