Shellac Pricing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To my way of thinking Jac, your cost of goods is less than Bio .. the time it takes for the service is less than Bio, and Shellac is a natural nail service that should be done every 2 weeks so I would keep your cost consistent with that and attract NEW clients to your salon who will be a different category of client?? What do you think?

Yes Gigi that sounds like a better idea, I just brought a base, top and tutti fruiti myself as my boss wasn't keen on getting another product in, so am busy shellacing the therapists to prove its worth having and when clients admire the colour I am telling them all about it.

I am sooooo behind - what is shellac???

Yes Gigi that sounds like a better idea, I just brought a base, top and tutti fruiti myself as my boss wasn't keen on getting another product in, so am busy shellacing the therapists to prove its worth having and when clients admire the colour I am telling them all about it.

I have found there are a few different types of buyers

The entrepreneurs ... these are the ones who caninstantly 'see' the potential and go for it immediately (that's you and me)

The early adopters
... these are the ones who don't 'see' it and have to wait til others have tried it and liked it before they will get it.

The laggards ... these are the ones who wait until everyone else has done it and basically miss the boat and tag on at the rear.

Takes all kinds. Most bosses tend to be entrepreneurs, Too bad if yours can't see the potential of the new business this marvellous product will bring in to the salon.

Can't tell you how many wonderful letters I have already had from people thanking CND for this fantastic innovation. Hope your boss does not miss out. xx

26,832 views on 1 Shellac post so far-yes clearly there are still a few people on here who have not heard or read about Shellac yet:D.

After days of thinking, i have decided im going to charge as follows ...

All prices include File & Shape, Cuticle Work & Removal.
Choice between Colour, French or Clear Polish for a more natural look.

Shellac Fingers ........................ £25.00

Shellac Toes ........................... £25.00

Shellac Fingers & Toes .............. £40.00

Shellac over Acrylic ....please add £10.00

The reason why i have decided to charge the same price for fingers and toes is because they are both the same, same 5 fingers, same cuticle work, same removal. It will be just a basic manicure treatment, taking the same amount of time and the same amount of work. I dont offer pedi's normally in the salon due to not having much room so its basically a tidy of the cuticles & nails and a paint job. The french wont be much different to the colour and the clear wont be either (1 base and 2 top) ... still using about the same amount of product.
In charging a special discount on both treatments, im hoping it will encourage them to have both done, which still wont take much more of my time if i carry out both treatments on the same client, i will do fingers first then straight to the toes using the same tools.
I think this will work for me but would love your thoughts on it?? :D

Hi! the only reason I can think you should charge more for toes as it will last longer. So they wount come back to you at two weeks more like four.
You can explain this befor doing and why its more. they save money as not having to come back to reshallac!

Loving all these prices as really helps me to work out my final price!

Shallac to all!

I'm mobile and charge £23.00 for Shellac and £40 combined for fingers and toes.

:)

I have an Intro Price at the moment as I have only just become a Shellacker (LOVE IT), but my full prices will be:

Fingers
Colour: £27
French: £30

Toes
Colour: £32
French: £35

Each first Shellac-er will recieve a complementory mini solar oil pinki and removal will be free when they are re-Shellacked :)

xx

Do all of these prices you have set include things like a hand mask, scrub and massage or is it just the pep and shellac application?? :confused: xx

It's just the normal pep and shellac application. They may seem a little more but that's because of the solar pinkie included.

Does this seem too much?

I did read a comment from Mrs Geek on 1 of the shellac pricing threads stating that if we charge attest £25 for shellac otherwise we are doing ourselves an injustice

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

No not at all! I'm trying to work out shellac prices but had done them to include a mask, scrub, moisturise and massage all for £30 as my mani price is £15. So confused now!

I don't do a mini mani, just a luxury mani which is file, soak, cuticles, scrub, mask, heated mitts or paraffin, massage and polish.

Anyone think these are ok?

Luxury mani £15

Shellac luxury mani £30

Shellac (on its own e.g. no fancy bits lol) £25

Is that too much??! Help! X

Ahh I see ;)

Well I can't really help you with that as I don't offer spa manis or anything at the moment, only qualified in November so want to make a bit of money back before I do.

If it helps at all, when I was on the phone to sweetsquared re shellac, the girl I spoke to said that for a mani (like u offer) and shellac then you would charge more (which I can see you do) and she suggested adding on about another £10 as you will be there longer performing it all, but of course how 'much' more you decide to charge is completely down to you and the kind of area you are in. :)

Jo xxx

Ahh I see ;)

Well I can't really help you with that as I don't offer spa manis or anything at the moment, only qualified in November so want to make a bit of money back before I do.

If it helps at all, when I was on the phone to sweetsquared re shellac, the girl I spoke to said that for a mani (like u offer) and shellac then you would charge more (which I can see you do) and she suggested adding on about another £10 as you will be there longer performing it all, but of course how 'much' more you decide to charge is completely down to you and the kind of area you are in. :)

Jo xxx
if you email [email protected] one of the team will send you the cost per sevice sheet or email me and I will send it to you but it wont be until next week as I am OOTO right now! [email protected]

Latest posts

Back