Shellac Pricing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The service menu gudelines I got form Mrs Geek had outlined a Re-Shellac including £10 for removal and an extra 15 minutes onto the service time. Eg Shellac Mani £25 30 minutes. Re-Shellac £35 45 minutes. I know these are guidelines and we all set our own prices but that's what I was going to base my new prices on.

Im keeping confusion to a minimum :) adding a huge list of shellac re-shellac, shellac mani, shellac pedi etc just looked confusing to my own eye, yet alone my clients. Im going to be offering shellac the same as Nail Envi above. Im sure we will be all be pricing this slightly different to suit salon and clients.

I too am including the removal in a "re-shellac", hoping this will encourage clients to return for the service, but if any client is a "one off" and wishes to remove themseves at home, I will sell them the pack of 10 removal wraps at a cost of £3.00. It was suggested at the event, that we will already be making a healthy profit from the Shellac service so no need to overprice on the removal wraps. HTH. x

It is very interesting to read this and other Shellac threads!

We don't have Shellac in Finland yet, but I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw that the recommended price for removal wraps here will be 12€ ~£9,9! Talk about overpriceing!

I got SO excited about Shellac, but I am not sure if I can afford it and most of all, if customers really are willing to pay that much. I doubt. :(

Now Im confused!! I thought the 50% mark up was on the cost of the mani, but what you're saying is if we charge say £20 for a standard manicure, you put £10 on price for a shellac manicure then another £10 the next time they come for removal plus re-shellac??

Im a little concerned that people will see £20 more as a little too expensive?

what you could do is include your removal in that £20 also.

I am keeping it simple...... Same price for Shellac Manicure and ReShellac.
They will be sitting with a cup of coffee or tea for 10 minutes, that gives me a 10 minute slot for another client who wants a revarnish. Like WeeFee said same price same expectations.

Confusing maybe, but isn't it a great opportunity to re-vamp all our prices? I'm sure there are many professionals here (my self included!) who are overdue a price increase for ALL their natural nail services.
We're worth it folks!!! :D
You are so right ! This is why I am confused so much lol I am in the middle of doing a complete new price list of my own from scratch since going self employed 6 weeks ago, I don't know what to put on and what to leave off lol..
I will spend the day on sunday doing it I think... Lots of Tea, Lots of reading up on here, Just me and vistaprint lol

Just a thought about the reshellac pricing....

Why not instead of adding an extra price for removal use that 10 minutes to talk through homecare products and recommend products for them to purchase from you to look after their new shellac or their natural nails after removal and boost your income that way??

I have a treatment room I rent on my own and having two clients in a once is a little tricky for me so I will be using this time to sell sell sell!!! (Hopefully!!!)

I have read this and even my mind started to boggle. What you are all forgetting is the REMOVER WRAPS and the TIME!!

50% more on the service is for all the gains they will make in wearing Shellac as opposed to normal polish... but when they come back, they will need to be Wrapped and re-Shellaced which will be more time.

Please remember that it's your TIME and EXPERTISE your customers are paying for. It's not just a case of banging on a tenner. Many of you invested in your future careers by attending The Event... that's your TIME too. Those who did, received product and lamp so it won't be pure profit if you add yout time and investment into the Event, but it almost is IYKWIM!

Each area is different so you must keep that in mind, but if you are clever, you can actually make it so your customers SAVE money too. If an every week mani is £15, and you charge £25 for Shellac - your customer actually makes a £10 savings because she isn't having to come every week anymore. Now I may have priced this too high but you see my point? The customer SAVES on money and time because she doesn't have to come back into the salon all the time. That is a huge bonus to CUSTOMERS.

Shellac will entice a new type of customer back to you. Maybe one who got annoyed at polish not lasting... these are the opportunities you must look at - not trying to necessarily change the L+P / Gel customers you have.:D

hi. does anyone know roughly how much it costs "us" to do the shellac treatment ?

Just posted the below in another Shellac thread, but probably should belong in this one :o

Well after days of deciding & reading EVERY single shellac thread, I have finally decided on my prices :D

Shellac Manicure or Pedicure - £20

Shellac French Manicure or Pedicure - £25
Shellac Manicure & Pedicure - £35
Shellac French Manicure & Pedicure - £45
(Removal if needed, File, Cuticle Tidy & Colour)
Removal only - £8
Add Shellac onto any other Manicure or Pedicure - £10

What do you all think? Does it sound & read ok? Do you think charging £5 extra for a french is a bit too much? x

think my prices will be as follows :

shellac fingers : £20 inc file, cuticle work & moisturise
shellac toes : £25 inc file, cuticle work and moisturise
reshellac fingers: £20 inc complimentary removal
reshallac toes : £25 inc complimentary removal
de-shallac : £10 (my minimum call out charge)

will also offer small discount for fingers and toes, hoping something brides and holiday peeps will go for ;)

think my prices will be as follows :

shellac fingers : £20 inc file, cuticle work & moisturise
shellac toes : £25 inc file, cuticle work and moisturise
reshellac fingers: £20 inc complimentary removal
reshallac toes : £25 inc complimentary removal
de-shallac : £10 (my minimum call out charge)

will also offer small discount for fingers and toes, hoping something brides and holiday peeps will go for ;)

Thats a good idea saying complimentary removal on the reshellac, I prefere that wording to mine, so at least when clients book up and say shellac or reshellac you know excatly how long to book out for them - and people love the fact they are getting something free!
I think of I might pinch that reshellac with complimentary removal wording :o it sounds so much better! x

Last edited:
Someone asked how much it costs to do Shellac... £1.75 without Remover Wraps and £3.85 with... this is why it is so important to factor in REMOVAL.

:Look_righ
Someone asked how much it costs to do Shellac... £1.75 without Remover Wraps and £3.85 with... this is why it is so important to factor in REMOVAL.
:Look_left

totally agree :)

After days of thinking, i have decided im going to charge as follows ...

All prices include File & Shape, Cuticle Work & Removal.
Choice between Colour, French or Clear Polish for a more natural look.

Shellac Fingers ........................ £25.00

Shellac Toes ........................... £25.00

Shellac Fingers & Toes .............. £40.00

Shellac over Acrylic ....please add £10.00

The reason why i have decided to charge the same price for fingers and toes is because they are both the same, same 5 fingers, same cuticle work, same removal. It will be just a basic manicure treatment, taking the same amount of time and the same amount of work. I dont offer pedi's normally in the salon due to not having much room so its basically a tidy of the cuticles & nails and a paint job. The french wont be much different to the colour and the clear wont be either (1 base and 2 top) ... still using about the same amount of product.
In charging a special discount on both treatments, im hoping it will encourage them to have both done, which still wont take much more of my time if i carry out both treatments on the same client, i will do fingers first then straight to the toes using the same tools.
I think this will work for me but would love your thoughts on it?? :D

Hi guys!

I'm loving the Shellac on hands (it really does soak off in 10 min after 2 weeks) but I have used it on toes on 2 of my friends and so far, after 2 weeks Shellac looks so perfect as if I JUST applied it!!!
Does anyone know how long would it take for the Shellac to soak off from the toes after 4-5 weeks?

PS. I love the "de-shellac" term ;) Can I borrow it? :o

Hi guys!

I'm loving the Shellac on hands (it really does soak off in 10 min after 2 weeks) but I have used it on toes on 2 of my friends and so far, after 2 weeks Shellac looks so perfect as if I JUST applied it!!!
Does anyone know how long would it take for the Shellac to soak off from the toes after 4-5 weeks?

PS. I love the "de-shellac" term ;) Can I borrow it? :o

I have had Shellac on my toes for 4 weeks and just removed it yesterday (while in the car driving through France on the way home to Spain lol). I buffed it off in a few minutes as there wasn't much left it had grown out so far. Normally after 4 weeks I would expect 10-15 minutes max if using pure acetone.

Funny that Shellac has already become a VERB!! You get Shellac-ed and de-Shellac-ed!! It is a true innovation that is set to improve the salon business for sure. X

Gigi - you said after 4 weeks it would take 10-15 mins to remove with pure acetone, is d-solve ok for this? Or do we need a stronger acetone? x

Gigi - you said after 4 weeks it would take 10-15 mins to remove with pure acetone, is d-solve ok for this? Or do we need a stronger acetone? x

D..SOLVE is made for the job!

Latest posts

Back