Shellac Pricing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
Any idea's on the pricing for shellac yet? I have searched with not much luck, and i have emailed sam for the CND guidlines but not had a reply yet (yes i do understand she is realy busy atm lol) and i know pricing will differ from different area's.

Atm i currently charge (which is average for a CND Tech in my area)

£36 for full set acrylic
£28 for backfill
£22 for infill
£6 for a file and polish (+ extra £2 for french)
£12 for basic manicure (+ extra £2 for french)
£12 soak off

Any idea how much i should be adding for shellac to these treatments??
Many thanks to anyone who can help. I know i sound impatient but i have a day off today so can get busy with my new price lists. ;)

PM me your email and I will send you what Samantha sent me.

Oh thankyou Lee-ann i am pm'ing you now :hug: xx

No problem at all. They're bound to be busy at Sweet Squared and I know everyone will be dying to know the recommended service price like I was.

Last edited:
hi lee ann would you mind sending me that info as well, I will pm you now. I'm so excited to get started have had a quick go this morning already!!!

Many Thanks

Yvonne

We were told at the event to add 50% to your manicure services if offering Shellac and 20% to enhancement services
HTH
Jen

Will everyone be adding the soak off price to the extra 50% aswell??

I thought i would have the soak off price on its own aswell has a combined price. I've been doing pricing all day and this is what i came up with. Does this sound reasonable? Too cheap? Too Expensive? What will you all be charging roughly?

Shellac Finger or Toes
(inc file & cuticle work)
Colour Polish ................................ £18.00
French Polish ............................... £20.00

Shellac Soak Off and Re-Paint
Colour Polish ................................ £25.00
French Polish ............................... £27.00

Shellac Soak Off Only .................... £10.00

Shellac over Acrylic Overlays .... add £10.00
(no soak off needed)

The word from S2 is to add on 50% to your normal manicure and pedicure prices. I think most people who I have spoken to on here are going to be adding £10 to their prices for Shellac.

My standard Manicure which inc cuticle work only is £12 so add 50% for shellac = £18. Then add the recommended soak off which is £10, so in all, a soak and repaint im charging an extra £7 = £25.
Will you guys be inc a free soak off in the 50% manicure increase or will you be adding a soak off charge on top off that 50%??
Im confussed if it should be added or not. ;)

Is this confusing the hell out of anybody else or is it just me lol

I'm with you emma but once i get the time to sit down and go through my prices i'll get it even more that what im doing now lol

I have been at it most of the day !
BUT, I am also designing complete new price lists with complete overhaul of my treatments and costs, so it is proving to be slightly mind boggling ! lmao

Will everyone be adding the soak off price to the extra 50% aswell??

I thought i would have the soak off price on its own aswell has a combined price. I've been doing pricing all day and this is what i came up with. Does this sound reasonable? Too cheap? Too Expensive? What will you all be charging roughly?

Shellac Finger or Toes
Colour Polish ................................ £18.00
French Polish ............................... £20.00

Shellac Soak Off and Re-Paint
Colour Polish ................................ £25.00
French Polish ............................... £27.00

Shellac Soak Off Only .................... £10.00

Shellac over Acrylic Overlays .... add £10.00
(no soak off needed)

Committing to new prices is always a little tricky. I have a few suggestions for you Karen, but at the end of the day YOU know your area and your market best.

I'd suggest avoiding the term 'soak off' when it comes to Shellac, instead calling it a 'removal'. We are using removal wraps rather than soaking bowls, and from the consumer's point of view we want to re-enforce that this is not an enhancement product requiring a traditional 'soak off' or any filing to the natural nail. Ten minute removal with a Removal Wrap ...really! :)

Instead of phrasing your ReShellac as a 'soak-off and re-paint why not simply call this process a 'ReShellac'?
I will be charging the same price for a Shellac Manicure as I will for a ReShellac. I feel this will ease the client into the idea of maintaining her Shellac service by visiting the salon once every 14 days - same price, same expectation.

Good luck deciding, I'd love to hear what you decide. Still finalising my own prices at the mo. :)

HTH!

Is this confusing the hell out of anybody else or is it just me lol

Confusing maybe, but isn't it a great opportunity to re-vamp all our prices? I'm sure there are many professionals here (my self included!) who are overdue a price increase for ALL their natural nail services.
We're worth it folks!!! :D

Committing to new prices is always a little tricky. I have a few suggestions for you Karen, but at the end of the day YOU know your area and your market best.

I'd suggest avoiding the term 'soak off' when it comes to Shellac, instead calling it a 'removal'. We are using removal wraps rather than soaking bowls, and from the consumer's point of view we want to re-enforce that this is not an enhancement product requiring a traditional 'soak off' or any filing to the natural nail. Ten minute removal with a Removal Wrap ...really! :)

Instead of phrasing your ReShellac as a 'soak-off and re-paint why not simply call this process a 'ReShellac'?
I will be charging the same price for a Shellac Manicure as I will for a ReShellac. I feel this will ease the client into the idea of maintaining her Shellac service by visiting the salon once every 14 days - same price, same expectation.

Good luck deciding, I'd love to hear what you decide. Still finalising my own prices at the mo. :)

HTH!

Confusing maybe, but isn't it a great opportunity to re-vamp all our prices? I'm sure there are many professionals here (my self included!) who are overdue a price increase for ALL their natural nail services.
Thanks for the advise wee fee :D Your advise makes perfect sense and that is why i love this site so much! :hug:
I am going to change the soak off and re paint bit but still unsure of my pricing :sad: I want to get the pricing just right before i go printing off a zillions of copies.

Do you give your clients a good month or so notice when you increase your prices? I just did mine in march this year so no revamping mine, they wouldn't be happy.

I too am offering the shellac manicure with included removal in the price. Same price everytime they have the treatment.

I too am including the removal in a "re-shellac", hoping this will encourage clients to return for the service, but if any client is a "one off" and wishes to remove themseves at home, I will sell them the pack of 10 removal wraps at a cost of £3.00. It was suggested at the event, that we will already be making a healthy profit from the Shellac service so no need to overprice on the removal wraps. HTH. x

What would you be offering/suggesting with the wraps to remove them?

Also, for the clients that dont make it in for their 14 day Re-Shellac, will anyone be charging more if they come in say, after 4 weeks? On the basis that the removal will take longer?

Hi Guys

So are you saying you will just be offering a Shellac service i.e

Shellac Standard Manicure, Shellac Duluxe Manicure and in these prices including for the removal when they return or will you still be doing the above then a Re-Shellac service?

Also, if you are going down the first route, are you still adopting CND's recommended 50% on or a little more being as it includes the removal?

God, my heads about to burst!!!!!!

Hi Guys

So are you saying you will just be offering a Shellac service i.e

Shellac Standard Manicure, Shellac Duluxe Manicure and in these prices including for the removal when they return or will you still be doing the above then a Re-Shellac service?

Also, if you are going down the first route, are you still adopting CND's recommended 50% on or a little more being as it includes the removal?

God, my heads about to burst!!!!!!

I will be offering a Shellac service (i.e. cuticle work, file & Shellac), & if they return in 2 or 3 weeks, I will charge them the same price to remove and re-shellac, so in effect they are getting free removal. For adding Shellac to any other treatment, i.e. Enhancements, Manicure or Pedicure I will be adding £10 to the cost, I have chosen to set a fixed price for all, as it it less confusing for the client than having a 50% cost on top of services, e.g. £10 more for mani, £11 more for pedi, £15 more for enhancements etc. At the end of the day, we will use the same amount of product and time to apply the Shellac regardless of what other service they have, so think its best to just set an add on cost for the Shellac, but this is just my opinion.

Also for the customers who are only looking for Shellac as a one off treatment, I will either sell them the wraps to do at home, (I'm not sure yet if I will also sell bottles of acetone along with the wraps, or if clients can buy acetone themselves, still to look into this), or preferrably, they can return to me for removal, but I would charge for this if they are not getting a re-shellac, thinking maybe around £5 or £6. HTH x

Latest posts

Back