Shellac problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi geeks hopefully you can advise of what I'm doing wrong. Just recently purchased the full Shellac kit with lamp etc....
I've only done a few hands and I'm aware I need to gain some more experience in this. My 1st client returned the following day after shellacking, she had a French using negligee & cream puff. 2 nails had lifted so I soaked off and re-applied. I pep'd using cuticle away, 1 colour coat, cured, cream puff, cure, 1 colour coat, cure then top coat and cured.
I saw her today And she told me they all lifted after 5 days, apart from the ones re-done. She said at the time she was messing with cornflower and water????
can you help?
Thank you x

After using Cuticle Away did you remove it with water? It has to be totally removed from the nail plate.

Hope that helps :D

You don't mention base coat I assume you used it??

After using Cuticle Away did you remove it with water? It has to be totally removed from the nail plate.

Hope that helps :D

I honestly can't remember if I did, it is possible I didn't as I always have to remind myself! Do you think this is the problem?
Thanks x

Once, I had a girlfriend in and we were busy gabbing about men, and I'm fairly certain I didn't fully remove the cuticle away, and her shellac lifted off within a few days.

That's the only client it's ever happened to. The shellac on my own hands is going strong 14 days, even after having my hands in acetone and stuff.

Did you use Scrubfresh?

It's a very important step, as it will temporary dehydrate the nail and you should never get lifting once you use it.
:hug:

Did you use Scrubfresh?

It's a very important step, as it will temporary dehydrate the nail and you should never get lifting once you use it.
:hug:

Hiya, yes I definateky used that. It's the soapy water I have trouble remembering...
She said she didn't want to call because she didn't want to trouble me! I've asked her to come in so I can shellac her nails again, free of charge. Fingers crossed I get it right this time x

Once, I had a girlfriend in and we were busy gabbing about men, and I'm fairly certain I didn't fully remove the cuticle away, and her shellac lifted off within a few days.

That's the only client it's ever happened to. The shellac on my own hands is going strong 14 days, even after having my hands in acetone and stuff.

I hope this is the problem, and I can get it right this time. I had iced coral on last week for 10 days and was fine but silly me decided to clean the house using detergents etc with no gloves and they started chipping :-/

If you keep forgetting the steps why not write it down on a postcard size piece of paper and tape it to your side of the desk where the client can't see it. I did this when I first started so that I didn't miss a step and worked wonders.

alternatively, have all your products set out in the steps to use, as you use each product put it to the other side, so you will automatically go to the next product in line, and voi la, its impossible to miss a step :):hug:

Hi geeks hopefully you can advise of what I'm doing wrong. Just recently purchased the full Shellac kit with lamp etc....
I've only done a few hands and I'm aware I need to gain some more experience in this. My 1st client returned the following day after shellacking, she had a French using negligee & cream puff. 2 nails had lifted so I soaked off and re-applied. I pep'd using cuticle away, 1 colour coat, cured, cream puff, cure, 1 colour coat, cure then top coat and cured.
I saw her today And she told me they all lifted after 5 days, apart from the ones re-done. She said at the time she was messing with cornflower and water????
can you help?
Thank you x

You should remove cuticle away with soap and water not just water alone as far as I was aware. Otherwise this will cause a problem with the shellac not staying on the nail plate.

hi hun

as has been said you need to deactivate the cuticle away with soap and water can't remember the exact measures of both as not on my computer where i booked marked a post by geeg. Anywho in my shellac class the soap i was advised was an anti bacterial soap and nothing highly perfumed.

Hth lovely x x x

Thanks for your help ladies she's coming back next week and I'll definitely make sure I use the water :)

ValencianNails;
Sorry to contradict but I suspect they need to update this for clarity.
On the new style bottles (since they repackaged a while back) it says soap and water on the instructions.

Whilst water will deactivate it, it needs soap and water (one part soap to ten parts water) to remove it fully. :hug:

No worries Kayley :hug:

I used to use Citrusoak with water to remove it, then I noticed the pdf document on CND's site and haven't used it since then with no side effects (mind you, I am really thorough with prep, read that as OCD lol)

Thanks for the clarification :D

Latest posts

Back