Shellac Rockstars: How do you do yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the second method here with bio...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321900233.659814.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321900233.659814.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 270
thank you, I only needed one top coat too.x

I've done a couple over the weekend using the 2nd method but I have on one set that the glitter coverage was a little patchy even though I scrubbed it in with the loaded brush.

I had to add a bit more to the 1st cured top coat, which resulted in the finish not being quite as smooth as I would've liked. Has anyone else experienced this? X

I've done a couple over the weekend using the 2nd method but I have on one set that the glitter coverage was a little patchy even though I scrubbed it in with the loaded brush.

I had to add a bit more to the 1st cured top coat, which resulted in the finish not being quite as smooth as I would've liked. Has anyone else experienced this? X
Yes i have when the glitters are not has fine has they should be and they dont 'grap' onto the inhibition layer, thats when i will use the first method for these types of glitters. My ultra fine glitters that i use for the second method are like dust.

My method

PEP
Base (10 second)
Colour coat x 1
Glitter but really work it into the tacky layer so that it is flat and smooth. I find if you use minimal glitter you get less waste. No cure
Top coat x 1

If you make sure the glitter is smooth before u apply the top coat, you only need one coat and therefore, more cost effective xx

I do the second method apart from one thing.
Instead of 2 x top coat which makes removal that bit longer due to the top coat having less solvents therefore less tiny tunnels created when curing I use a layer of clearly pink over the glitter and cure that before applying top coat.
That way its still takes the 10 mins to remove not longer.
It works a Jen xx

Thank you sooo much for this tip Jen - you have answered a problem for me and given a great tip...couldn't work out why I was having problems with my removal...two top coats...silly me :lol::lol::lol:

Hi girls

I have 2 people booked in for rockstar toes this week and they want a spa pedicure first. Is this going to affect the adhesion of the rockstar even after proper prep etc? Thanks x

Hi girls

I have 2 people booked in for rockstar toes this week and they want a spa pedicure first. Is this going to affect the adhesion of the rockstar even after proper prep etc? Thanks x

Hiya hun..your best off doing your pep and shellac rockstar first and once that is completed go onto your foot masks and massages etc :) x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Yes i have when the glitters are not has fine has they should be and they dont 'grap' onto the inhibition layer, thats when i will use the first method for these types of glitters. My ultra fine glitters that i use for the second method are like dust.

Thanks Karen perhaps I'll try the first method tomorrow then, thanks. Its on fingers though, does the first method last as long? X

Hi girls

Hi Allie!

To avoid adhesion issues, PEP & Rockstar Shellac the nails as normal, THEN soak the feet and proceed with the spa pedi. xx

I use gelez, not shellac, and I have a question.. When I apply the 1st colour coat after the base coat I 'm finding it isn't going on with even coverage... It's a bit patchy and streaky. The 2nd coat gives the proper finish, but it's making my application too thick. What am I doing wrong? Also, how do you do your prep? (just to make sure I'm doing that right! ) thanks!

Hi Allie!

To avoid adhesion issues, PEP & Rockstar Shellac the nails as normal, THEN soak the feet and proceed with the spa pedi. xx

Thanks so much! 

I've only just got into the Rockstar but I love it! I use the second method but had still done 2 coats of colour, is only one needed? This is my 2nd set of rockstar attached :biggrin:

this purple glitter is amazing, can you tell me what brand it is please x

Thanks Karen perhaps I'll try the first method tomorrow then, thanks. Its on fingers though, does the first method last as long? X
It does on toes but i dont have requests for fingers, i've only ever done one set on fingers but cant remember how well they lasted or which method i used. xxx

Second method for me. Here is a bit of bling on top of rock royalty

Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322085263.847873.jpg

Nat-nat what colour glitter did you use in the pic purple/pink? They look amazing :)

Oh my goodness I can't wait to do these ordering my glitters today perfect for christmas!!!! Have u guys found it's popular with clients ? And what kind of prices ru charging ?

Many thanks Kathryn xoxo

Dont forget you can also use acrylic paint over the glitter before applying your top coats.
387485_10150424300737962_615977961_8500489_1240302487_n.jpg

Dont forget you can also use acrylic paint over the glitter before applying your top coats.
387485_10150424300737962_615977961_8500489_1240302487_n.jpg
Oohhhh beautiful...wish you lived closer has you would be my nail tech!

Latest posts

Back