Shellac & spray tan £13?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Somebody who follows my Facebook has just posted a link for a salon in my town who is offering shellac and a spray tan for £13?!?! How is that possible?! The worst bit is she even tagged some of my customers in the post, the cheek of it! This person was telling me only a couple of weeks ago that she would definitely come to me for her nails when she has her wedding in august because she's seen the nails of these customers and she was so impressed, then she posts that!

Sorry for a bit of a rant! I just don't understand how people can charge these prices! And it annoys me how the price of something will sway somebody even if they've seen my good work, which in her words "they are amazing"!

Has anyone else got crazy pricing like this near them and has it affected you?

I wouldn't let it worry you - at those prices she will not be making any money, probably not even breaking even, so wont be able to re-stock when she has run out of product - I would give her 6 months max!

Just sit it out hun xx I know its blooming annoying tho, as it really cheapens what we do for a living!! grrrr

thats ridiculous! she can't be making a profit or using real shellac, she is probably using a cheaper brand and using the shellac name! Hmm wonder what spray tan solution shes using aswell?!

Don't let it bother you though, theres probably a reason why shes putting her costs so low and thats because shes desperate to get business!

Ridiculous! I'm try to get customers, but a salon near me does shellac for £15 and an extra £5 for toes. Not as bad as your one, but really annoys me!! Just think, there is no way that can last forever x

If she wants to work for free let her! Haha she will soon close down nobody can run a shop on no profits unless she's rich and is doing charity nails?

Thanks geeks, I knew coming on here would make me feel better!

I think that is the thing that bothers me is that it makes it look like I charge a lot when in fact I'm just earning honest money with a realistic profit!

If she wants to work for free let her! Haha she will soon close down nobody can run a shop on no profits unless she's rich and is doing charity nails?

Haha charity nails! That cracked me up! :)

I wouldn't go to a place offering shellac and tan at that price because I would think obviously there is a problem such as not the real deal or not a good technician/therapist. Please don't worry it wont last!

There is a girl where I live that offers all enhancements for £10 and minx!!

I looked at her nails and they were awful, I dont understand why people use these so called nail techs.

I am not even thinking about doing clients untill im 100% happy with my work. I just use my family as lab rats haha

Its such a shame though because techs that have worked so hard in getting their qualifications and training cant really compete with the £10 shoddy enhancements :( that they think look great!

Sorry rant over!!
:biggrin:

think it was a groupon offer ... came through to one of my friends this morning too

kx

Blimey that really is cheap!! Can't imagine how she would make any money on that one.
These fly-by-night techs/offers do come and go but don't worry, she will be long gone and you will still be working hard. No one can survive on no-profit and you will long outlast her xx

the 2 services together for £13??? really? wow. we do shellac for £16 a set and spray tans for £18 and could not dream of going any cheaper and we are the cheapest in town as far as i know. thats crazy prices!

we have a salon in town doing acrylics cheaper and theyve been on tv for the worst nail bar in the uk and we have people come in here crying cos theyve buffed their real nails away in there but noone says anything and they wanna save the £5er. madness

stick to your guns and youll get them all back but damn cheeky about the facebook tagging though!

Hey honey

i love the saying I hear often on here... buy cheap buy twice. that is exactly what these clients will be doing and their second purchase will be coming to you to get their spray tan and shellac done properly :Love:

as others have said she is pricing herself so low its not sustainable. she'll learn and you'll prosper my lovely.

Let it go over your head for now hun and centre on your business.

Love n hugs xxxx

Someone in my area is doing mobile acrylics for £10 and spray tans for £5. How anyone can work this way is beyond me. They surely won't last long working this way but in doing so they are cheapening the industry and everything we work hard for.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

£13 is a ridiculous price and I wouldn't trust what products she was using or even if she had attended training!
As the other geeks have said I'm sure she'll be out of business soon enough.
Try and ignore it hun.
Rhiannon x

Just let the quality of your work speak for itself. People that prefer quality tend to be loyal customers whereas clients that think £10 enhancements are 'a bargain' seem to be one off or sometimes for a special occasion clientele. I know how frustrating it can be though. I had someone enquire about nail enhancements then proceeded to get some done off of a girl who had bought a kit off eBay. Said girl then came back to me to have the nails fixed as her friend hadn't cured the first layer of gel long enough and had gave her a nail infection. Needless to say I advised her on what she needed to do but told her I couldn't physically fix the infection for her but would be happy to help her once her nails were healthy. She is now a regular client. Persiverence with your talent and prices really will pay off xx

Sent from my Nexus S using SalonGeek

Thanks geeks, I knew coming on here would make me feel better!

I think that is the thing that bothers me is that it makes it look like I charge a lot when in fact I'm just earning honest money with a realistic profit!

That's sucks even though she most likely won't be able to last long some one else new will pop up.

One of my regulars looked mortified last week wen I bumped into her and she was sporting a set of grotty nails that had turned yellow! Hmmm nice hope she spends the money she saved on a pair of gloves! She had payed a tenner!

Silly pricing - problem is that girl has set her price bar so low that she will struggle to put it up and when she does her customers will move elsewhere.

It may affect your business in the short term when people are initially lured by the low price as everyone is cost conscious however you should focus your promotions and advertising and word of mouth on why you charge more ie quality of work and products, customer service, salon standards, basically the benefits of paying for quality.

In the long term customers will work their way back to you if you doing really good work.

Gets on your nerves doesn't it!! :-(

There is no way anyone can afford to other both treatments for £13! I bet she is using an imitation of shellac & a dirt cheap spray solution!!

As everyone else has said, she won't survive with these prices!

I agree with one of the other geeks. I wouldn't go there. I would be worried that I would simply get what paid for!

If any of your customers do go to her, I am certain that they will come running back to you after they see the results of her treatment xx

Latest posts

Back