Shellac UV base coat..Brisa base alternative option till stock comes in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pips

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find an answer on the site (unless ive been looking with my eyes closed which is quite possible):irked:

Does anyone have a spare bottle of shellac base coat or does anyone know where has some in stock that i can purchase?
Ive tried twice to purchase some from S2 when they have had stock arrive but im too god damn slow and its always out of stock...(doesnt help that my pc was broke and didnt have access to the internet at one point)

If the above is a no go does anyone know of an alternative to the base coat (which i very much doubt there is but its worth a stab)

If i am unable to purchase any it looks like i will have to cancel clients and i dont want that as still building up my client base.

Any help appreciated :hug:

S2 have all Shellac colours in and the base coat is shipped and due so you must keep in contact daily if you are getting desperate.

I would use a coat of the new Brisa Bond which is cured in 10 seconds like the Shellac Base Coat and a thin coat of Brisa gel in the normal way if you have to.

Last edited:
S2 have all Shellac colours in and the base coat is shipped and due so you must keep in contact daily if you are getting desperate.

I would use a coat of the new Brisa Bond which is cured in 10 seconds like the Shellac Base Coat and a thin coat of Brisa gel in the normal way if you have to.

GiGi i love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the info...i dont have either of the above but i can take a ride to S2 and get some tomorrow and that can be my back up!
Its good to know its shipped too as the girls didnt know when the next lot was due when i spoke to them this morning.

Will phone every day now and make sure i get a bottle from this nex lot (i hope, watch it com at the wekend when im away and dont have access to a pc!) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still using the same bottle from the event :o

I ordered a top coat the other day 'just incase' lol, But I think I will get a base as soon as I can too...

So with the brisa bond Geeg, (incase I miss the boat so to speak)
would I just prep apply brisa bond, cure 10 seconds, and carry on with shellac application as normal ?

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxx

I'm still using the same bottle from the event :o

I ordered a top coat the other day 'just incase' lol, But I think I will get a base as soon as I can too...

So with the brisa bond Geeg, (incase I miss the boat so to speak)
would I just prep apply brisa bond, cure 10 seconds, and carry on with shellac application as normal ?

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxx

No I would also use a very thin layer of Brisa as the base coat.

ahhhh smashin' I get you now.... thankyou x:hug:

Great Idea :)

Will know for the future xx

Could this be done as another option as a ridge filler because I did my mother in-law nails the other day with Strawberry Smoothie Shellac which was nice but she has a few ridges in her nails. My husband suggested me putting on a thin layer of gel but I was having none of this.(He always seems to be right) lol

I have just check Sweet Square and Shellac base coat is in stock now.

Yes the Shellac Base Coat is in stock ... yay :green: it is limited though until the next lot comes in a few of weeks.

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find an answer on the site (unless ive been looking with my eyes closed which is quite possible):irked:

Does anyone have a spare bottle of shellac base coat or does anyone know where has some in stock that i can purchase?
Ive tried twice to purchase some from S2 when they have had stock arrive but im too god damn slow and its always out of stock...(doesnt help that my pc was broke and didnt have access to the internet at one point)

If the above is a no go does anyone know of an alternative to the base coat (which i very much doubt there is but its worth a stab)

If i am unable to purchase any it looks like i will have to cancel clients and i dont want that as still building up my client base.

Any help appreciated :hug:

Hi Pips, you can ask S2 to email you when their base coat is back in stock. I did and ordered mine straight away when I got the email, glad I did as it was out of stock with the hour! They keep saying its on order and there should be a large quantity coming in... 4 weeks later, am still waiting for more stock.

Alternatively....a very thin layer of bio sculpture gel works well (if you use bio)

Hope that helps :)

I used just straight Brisa Bond then the colour shellac without any issues, both on myself and clients. No base layer of Brisa or any other gel needed, the Brisa Bond works perfect.

Hi
I think I am going to have to order some of the brisa bond, how does this affect the Shellac removal wrap process?
Thanks
Gail
x

Soak off with Brisa Bond as the base layer is a snap, very quick.

Latest posts

Back