Shockingly rude husband of client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Evening Geeks. Had a situation in the salon today!
My most senior stylist had a client in today, who's hair she has cut many times before. This client always asks for a new style, and my stylist always happily obliges.
Today she came in and asked for a "jamie lee curtis". My stylist called up some images on the internet and they both settled on the style wanted. She cut the clients hair beautifully and the clients words were "oh my god I absolutely LOVE it" Fantastic. Job done.
About an hour later, the clients husband rang and proceeded to shout and swear at my stylist saying she didnt do what my client had asked and that she had made his wife look like "jo brand" !! My poor stylist was dumbstruck, and needless to say a little tearful!
Anyway, I was livid as it is unaaceptable to me for my staff to have to take such abuse for doing their job!
I promptly called the husband back to ask what his problem was, and all I can say was he was absolutely VILE! He was so rude and condescending I was shocked! When I told him he had upset my stylist he replied "oh good" !! I explained to him that I witnessed the entire service from consultation to finish, and that his wife left completely happy and with exactly what she had asked for. He said "your operators clearly just do whatever they want and dont listen to the customer".
I have never heard a stylist called an operator before!! haha
I cannot believe this happened! My guess is, that he absolutely hated the haircut and the wife blamed it on us! He was such a bully, it really shook me up..
He ended the coversation with "youve just lost a customer" to which I replied "no sir, your wife has just lost an excellent stylist" !

Sorry for the rant - just had to get it off my chest!
Has anyone else ever experienced abuse form clients family members, and if so how did you handle it??
xxx

Thats pretty rough, i've never had this strong a reaction, i'd fall apart if I was shouted at like that, was it done in the best Forest accent as well?

I know!!! I mean, what must his wife have thought....sat there quietly thinking "ummm i quite like it, but my husband this i look like jo brand".....poor love! x

haha penners fortunatly there was no "now lizen ere babber" going on, or i may have had to pee myself....cant take that seriously!
xx

If he is a bully then I suspect he is also a bully to his wife!!

Poor lady may have been so scared that she had no choice but to blame you guys.

Of course its totally unacceptable and at least you called him back to tell him so.

He sounds horrid and I just hope that poor lady is going to be ok.

I think you should make a police report.

Not for them to visit him, just so there is a record of his aggressive and intimidating behaviour.

It may at some sad point in the future help the wife.

And if he ever darkens your shop doorway again you can call them and they will have this record of his previous behaviour.

Peace and respect

Jacqui xx

Yep, I have had a bullying man storm in and scream at me. It's pretty horrible to experience.
Sounds like you handled it perfectly. Let's face it, nobody is gonna win in that situation.

Agreed. To be honest, after having a chat with the girls we came to the same conclusion about him probably being a bully to his wife too.
Would you really make a police report? Is it really my business to do so? I mean what if this caused more problems for his wife?
I doubt he would have the balls to darken my doorway....and if he did, he wouldnt have them for long I can tell you ;) xx

Agreed. To be honest, after having a chat with the girls we came to the same conclusion about him probably being a bully to his wife too.
Would you really make a police report? Is it really my business to do so? I mean what if this caused more problems for his wife?
I doubt he would have the balls to darken my doorway....and if he did, he wouldnt have them for long I can tell you ;) xx
I made a police report on-line a couple of years ago about an incident.

Someone called me a few days later to chat with me. She told me there was nothing they could do about it and I knew already but just wanted a record in case someone else experienced something similar.

You have a right if he assualted you and your staff verbally.

They won't take it any further, he won't know anything about it.

But if you don't feel comfortable just leave it as it is, you did good :hug:

Yes my old boss went through a barrage of abuse when I couldn't come in to do a ladies wedding make up because my daughter was in intensive care. this was about 8 years ago now.
I had done the ladies trial make up( she wasn't the bride, but the mother of the bride) and she was all booked in for the big day, but then my daughter had to be placed in intensive care following complications after an operation so I couldn't make it into the salon for the big day and we were fully booked with other appointments.
My boss phoned to explain,thinking that the client would be upset but hopefully understanding,given the awful situation,and she was upset but seemed understanding and put the phone down.
5 mins later her husband calls my old boss back,on the phone and screams down the phone at her that I should come to the salon to do his wife's makeup and that the salon is unprofessional and surely someone else can do it. He raged at her so much and actually made her cry.
End of call,then the bride calls the salon and also gives my boss a mouthful,swearing,ranting and raving at her too.
The ironic thing was that this bride had her own therapist coming to the house to do her make up but wouldn't allow her to do her mothers make up because she didn't want the make up looking alike!
The mother continued coming back to the salon after the wedding for a very long time and I took great pleasure the first time after the wedding,asking how the wedding went,I then apologised and then said btw my daughter made a full recovery thank goodness,however she very nearly died and I'm so sorry I couldn't do your wedding make up.
She went deathly quiet and I then said please say sorry to your daughter and husband for the inconvenience.
I hope they had a good old think about their selfishness,maybe they did maybe they didn't but I think I got my point across.
Some people are just nasty. Your stylist did her best but sadly sometimes our best just isn't good enough.:hug:

Crikey BABSann, thats awful! I sometimes just feel as though we are not seen as humans, like we are fair game to have things taken out on us. Part of the joys of working with the public I suppose. At least the good by far out-weighs the bad :)
xx

I was told today that if i wanted his name and address the police would happily give it to me so i could officially ban him from my shop, i'm hoping that it wont come to that though, hoping that he just realises what an idiot he looked and stays away x

If the lady lied to her husband and said that you guys did the hair cut and she didnt like it then I think she is very wicked and cowardly to do so. She has no say in her life then....

As to the man, only insecure personalities do things like that. You never know, he is probably a mouse where he works!

Thankfully people like him are in the minority; miserable s*d!

Leave him in the past and move on hun.:hug:

Blimey is it "The day of the pratt" day today or something? :lol:

It saddens me when women leave happy and then complain or next time say 'oh my husband doesn't want me to have it that colour/cut' or something similar....I like it when my boyfriend compliments my hair but at the end of the day it's my hair and I wouldn't change it of it wasn't to
His liking!
Some people are too easily influenced!

Sorry hun, I'm with Kim :( I know it's not funny when it's happening to you tho :(

O my it must def be one of them day because ive had a real crappy one aswell!!

I remember a client in a salon my boss used to lease rang one morning to say her straightners had blown up and could we exchange them for her that day.I explained that at the time we had none in stock as they were being recalled but drop them in and i could pop them in a pre paid bag and the company would send direct to her a new pair.
All was good for about an hour when i got a phone call from a very irate mad crazy husband who demanded i replace her straightners NOW!
I politley explained what i had told his wife and he slammed the phone down so off i trotted to carry on and he rang again an hour later and threatened me saying he was going to ring me every hour on the hour and make my life hell untill i replaced them!!
I politely explained again but also mentioned that if he wanted to waste his time calling me every hour then thats fine with me i said i didnt mind chatting to him if he wanted to which he replied he would show up and cause a scene.
Again i explained that was fine if he wanted to but i had already reported him to the police for his aggressive and threatening behaviour and if he carried on he would get a visit.
A week later his wife rang to say she had recieved her new straightners and thank you!!!No mention of her nutter husband at all!
And would you believe about a month later his 15 yr old daughter came in asking if i had any jobs available as her dad had told her to ask as she wanted to start an apprentiship!!!!!!

The bloody nerve of some people!
Gotta keep smiling eh!:lol:

We've had pretty much the same exact situation before but with a hair up! Joys of customer based work! Don't worry about it!

crazybek tell me you didnt employ her :eek: x

Rofl Jojo!!

No i bloody didnt but i couldnt believe it when she asked!!!!!!!!!
Her Dad is obviously a nut case fruit loop lmao!!
We do get some really bizarre people in our salon!Had a lady walk in off the street the other day and ask if her hair could be coloured back to her natural which she insisted was black even though she was about a base 6 with alot of warm tones and about 5 inches of grey root!!!
She was sluring abit which totally freaked the junior out but was v funny at the time!

Latest posts

Back