Shockingly rude husband of client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Geeks. Had a situation in the salon today!
My most senior stylist had a client in today, who's hair she has cut many times before. This client always asks for a new style, and my stylist always happily obliges.
Today she came in and asked for a "jamie lee curtis". My stylist called up some images on the internet and they both settled on the style wanted. She cut the clients hair beautifully and the clients words were "oh my god I absolutely LOVE it" Fantastic. Job done.
About an hour later, the clients husband rang and proceeded to shout and swear at my stylist saying she didnt do what my client had asked and that she had made his wife look like "jo brand" !! My poor stylist was dumbstruck, and needless to say a little tearful!
Anyway, I was livid as it is unaaceptable to me for my staff to have to take such abuse for doing their job!
I promptly called the husband back to ask what his problem was, and all I can say was he was absolutely VILE! He was so rude and condescending I was shocked! When I told him he had upset my stylist he replied "oh good" !! I explained to him that I witnessed the entire service from consultation to finish, and that his wife left completely happy and with exactly what she had asked for. He said "your operators clearly just do whatever they want and dont listen to the customer".
I have never heard a stylist called an operator before!! haha
I cannot believe this happened! My guess is, that he absolutely hated the haircut and the wife blamed it on us! He was such a bully, it really shook me up..
He ended the coversation with "youve just lost a customer" to which I replied "no sir, your wife has just lost an excellent stylist" !

Sorry for the rant - just had to get it off my chest!
Has anyone else ever experienced abuse form clients family members, and if so how did you handle it??
xxx

What the Hell???

Omg the cheek of some people!
I once had an incident at a salon I managed, where a lady expected a discount because her daughter was a friend of her stylist, the stylist explained that as it wasn't her salon, she couldn't give discounts and that no body got them, the woman threw the cash at us then left. Her husband (who was the same height as me - 5'2ish) came flying in about an hour later, screaming that the stylist was a fat, midget, chinky people user! And that she's stolen his wife's pension money ... He was pointing in her face and extremely intimidating. I asked him to please lower his voice and let's talk about the problem, to which he said "get your hands off me or I'll have you done for assault" lol I hadn't laid a finger on him! Needless to say i rang the police and reported him. Talk about little man syndrome! Nasty bully came to mind too :) xx

He ended the coversation with "youve just lost a customer" to which I replied "no sir, your wife has just lost an excellent stylist" !

Love this...absolutely brilliant!

I think you handled it perfectly. I get the same way if someone upsets someone else like that.

I wonder if she'll try to book in again xx

Don't let it bother anyone there, he's probably got a face like steptoe!

For the non uk users or youngsters (cant bilieve I'm using that at 22 myself), steptoe is a character from a old British sitcom about a funny miserable old man. Here's a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333495678.330849.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333495678.330849.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 92
I wonder if these men would have been so quick to rush into the salon raving like a lunatic if the stylist was a male 6ft 16stone bodybuilder? Er nope I don't think so somehow. :biggrin:

I wonder if these men would have been so quick to rush into the salon raving like a lunatic if the stylist was a male 6ft 16stone bodybuilder? Er nope I don't think so somehow. :biggrin:

Uv got my neighbour down to a t, when I was younger he would complain about everything (even to my mum closing her wardrobe doors in the afternoon during his nap) because it was me (a child) and my mum (a single mum), anytime a man was about he wouldn't dare say a word, he had a fit on the morning my nan died that the dog had barked about 9 am when the post man came, that was when he realised I had grown up and was now a man.
My mum had mentioned it to me, and being emotional I seen my bum, went to his door and asked him if he had a problem, he told me the dog had barked to which I replied "yes I know he's not going to f****ing meow". Still makes me laugh now. He knew the circumstances and knew me and my mum were at my nan's careing for her.
Since then not once has he said anything like that, all he is is a small man who takes advantage of his strength over women and children, the day his wife died I would have loved to give him what he did to my family, but although he's about 50 years older than me I have a bit more compassion, dignity and self control, just like the op has today. Xoxo

Love this...absolutely brilliant!

I think you handled it perfectly. I get the same way if someone upsets someone else like that.

I wonder if she'll try to book in again xx
I loved this bit too!!x

Don't let it bother anyone there, he's probably got a face like steptoe!

For the non uk users or youngsters (cant bilieve I'm using that at 22 myself), steptoe is a character from a old British sitcom about a funny miserable old man. Here's a pic

Off the subject but I never realised you were 22 tomme! I always presumed you were older (no offence) so hard to judge on here haha x

Aww that's awful!!! Chin up u guys, we're the professionals and we do our job well. Sounds like it was no fault of your stylists but the arrogance of that lady's s**t of a husband!!..... I bet he's bald. :lol: xx

Uv got my neighbour down to a t, when I was younger he would complain about everything (even to my mum closing her wardrobe doors in the afternoon during his nap) because it was me (a child) and my mum (a single mum), anytime a man was about he wouldn't dare say a word, he had a fit on the morning my nan died that the dog had barked about 9 am when the post man came, that was when he realised I had grown up and was now a man.
My mum had mentioned it to me, and being emotional I seen my bum, went to his door and asked him if he had a problem, he told me the dog had barked to which I replied "yes I know he's not going to f****ing meow". Still makes me laugh now. He knew the circumstances and knew me and my mum were at my nan's careing for her.
Since then not once has he said anything like that, all he is is a small man who takes advantage of his strength over women and children, the day his wife died I would have loved to give him what he did to my family, but although he's about 50 years older than me I have a bit more compassion, dignity and self control, just like the op has today. Xoxo

Love the meow bit . Hahahaha x

I think you handled it very well...what a horrible situation to be in

Off the subject but I never realised you were 22 tomme! I always presumed you were older (no offence) so hard to judge on here haha x

Non taken. Iv always guessed you were about 26. Xoxo

O my it must def be one of them day because ive had a real crappy one aswell!!

I remember a client in a salon my boss used to lease rang one morning to say her straightners had blown up and could we exchange them for her that day.I explained that at the time we had none in stock as they were being recalled but drop them in and i could pop them in a pre paid bag and the company would send direct to her a new pair.
All was good for about an hour when i got a phone call from a very irate mad crazy husband who demanded i replace her straightners NOW!
I politley explained what i had told his wife and he slammed the phone down so off i trotted to carry on and he rang again an hour later and threatened me saying he was going to ring me every hour on the hour and make my life hell untill i replaced them!!
I politely explained again but also mentioned that if he wanted to waste his time calling me every hour then thats fine with me i said i didnt mind chatting to him if he wanted to which he replied he would show up and cause a scene.
Again i explained that was fine if he wanted to but i had already reported him to the police for his aggressive and threatening behaviour and if he carried on he would get a visit.
A week later his wife rang to say she had recieved her new straightners and thank you!!!No mention of her nutter husband at all!
And would you believe about a month later his 15 yr old daughter came in asking if i had any jobs available as her dad had told her to ask as she wanted to start an apprentiship!!!!!!

The bloody nerve of some people!
Gotta keep smiling eh!:lol:
sorry but I can't stop giggling at this what a man x

I can't help but get sarcastic when angry, normally not that quick x

I haven't had any nasty clients (yet, touch wood) but I get abuse all the time in my day job. Luckily, I'm allowed to be a b*tch back in that capacity lol.

A defendant taught me a very important lesson once; I was stood at the back of court after this man was found guilty and sentenced and as he was led out of court he snarled at me 'Look out darling, karma will come back to bite you'. He was so busy glaring at me as he said it he didn't see someone opening the door in front of him and smacked straight into it lol...I'm now a firm believer in karma :D and I'm sure the horrible little man you dealt with will get his comeuppance soon enough!

i had exactly the same thing happen to me,but the client in questions husband decided to write to me and threaten to go to the papers if i dident send him the money for hair extensions,and like you the lady swished her hair all around the place saying how fantastic she felt.
I wrote back to him and kindly reminded him that should he feel the need to go to the papers that a slander case can be very costly to the losing side,meaning him,funnily enough i never heard anything more.
xx

Latest posts

Back