Shower Cubicle instead of Tanning Cubicle, Cheaper & More advantages, am I wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koskinas

Reaction score
Hi
I was wandering if there was anyone out there that has had a shower cubicle fitted instead of a tanning cubicle, I think there are more advantages to having the shower instead:
1. Cheaper than a tanning booth/cubicle
2. Can be made to look better with stone tiles etc (a more original look)
3. It's not a branded cubicle (i.e. St. Tropez) so you could change brands if you wanted easily
4. You can extend your treatments and offer clients a shower after scrubs and body wrap treatments, making these treatments less messy for you and more luxurious for the client
5. If you are a large enough salon you could extend doing some spa treatments

I'm sure I am missing something there must be some drawbacks to having a shower or more advantages to having the spray tanning booth. I am opening a salon soon and was thinking of having the shower instead, is it a good idea?

I was hoping someone could give their opinion and feed back, if they have a shower instead, is it better? if they wanted to but decided against it and why?

Thanks if anyone responds

If you have the room and the plumbing and ventilation then I think it is a fabulous idea. I used to do mobile tanning a lot and regularly tanned fairground ladies who lived in mobile trailers. Their shower units had built in extractor fans in the ceiling above the showers and they were the cleanest tans I ever did.

The advantage of having a shower is great, as you said, enabling your clients to shower after other body treatments. Easy to keep the unit itself clean as well as long as you use sensible coloured tiles and grout.

Good luck with everything!

Sheila :) xxx

I think having a shower is much more better too. I also have a shower cubicle for that purpose in the beauty room I'm renting. Though I don't offer spray tan just as yet but the salon owner says it's a good idea if i can offer the treatment to my clients. The previous person that used the beauty room used it for that purpose.
Wish you all the best of luck and success in your business.

I like the idea of the extractor fans directly above the shower cubicle (assuming they have the appropriate electrical safety rating for use in wet areas).

However, the shower cubicle idea would obviously only work for spray tans where the tan is applied by a person using a spray gun; if you wanted a fully automated application then you would still need one of those automatic booths.

Am also thinking that having a shower head in place would simplify any necessary cleaning of the cubicle between clients. As long as it does not get in the way when the client is being tanned.
Posted via Mobile Device

Make sure you get a good non slip base or place a towel in the base to avoid any slips if you do get a shower unit fitted, hth :hug:

I turned up to a client once and forgot my tent. We sprayed in her shower cubicle with it's newly white tiled walls, I was quite worried but there was no staining, the walls just rinsed straight down, including the grout. I put a towel on the floor of the cubicle so that it would catch the spray but it also doubled up to protect against slipping.

I think it's a great idea, you go for it!!!

I would go for the shower thing hands down. Tents get so dirty! Mine is a nightmare...if you have the money to tile it or maybe do a wet wall at the back of it it'd be great and so professional.

Just to let you know - I had a shower put in my treatment room when it was getting fitted ouit and it's been great. I've got an extra wide shower (bifold doors) and put 'Wetwall' on the walls. It's a kind of formica that comes in sheets and saves you worrying about grouting and tiles. Also - no leaks.
I use it for spa treatments and spray tanning and just give it a hose down after each tan (no elbow grease required). I put couch roll down so that there is no slipping about and it absorbs any overspray too.
Be warned though - at first I had a 'normal' extractor, but soon got my electrician to change it to a more powerful one that took the mist away more efficiently. I only give it a good clean once a week to keep it looking fresh.
It works great for me and (apart from tanning) I've been able to offer exfoliation, wraps etc....followed by an invigorating shower.
You won't look back !

I have a wet room in my home which is next to my studio and I love it, it has a not slip floor which has a slight incline all round to the center drain and an extractor connected to the light. Fully tiled and with a sink as well. So easy to clean, I just hose down with the shower head.
I have a tent to but that's for parties:lol:
My vote is for the shower cubicle too, big as you can make it.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies everyone, its really appreciated, plus I'm pleased to hear some positive feedback.

Latest posts

Back