Sienna Show Kit Offer - Maxi Mist HVLP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Toni
I did wonder about that. I know its made by Earlex, and their Paint sprayer version is about £60!! Although the company say that the tanning version has been modified specifically for spray tans!???.( costs twice as much )I guess you get what you pay for in the end, although I think its more or less the same machine.
Would'nt want loads of overspray though, Can't be too good for the clients either(or their carpets)
Just for the record- the paint spray version LOOKS like a paint sprayer!!
MeridenX

Hmmmm.... thanks Gillian..... :irked: oh well, it will be put through its paces at parties so we'll see, if its rubbish they can have it back!

Need to source more cups for it cos it only comes with one, even though Tonilee said hers came with four! (suppose you cant have everything for that price) I like to carry cups of different solution about with me to make change of solution easier.

Hey.

Just thought I would mention a couple of things as this site is quite good for picking up tips and allowing people to make decisions.

The T200 (mini mist) is the more economical and slightly quieter machine - compared to the new maxi mist machine.

The maxi mist is really a mixture between the Mini Mist and the Busy Bronzer (based on Henry the Hoover). The Maxi mist machine will get you between 12-15 tans out of a litre of solution, whereas the Min mist will get between 18-20 tans - hence the price difference.

The Mini mist is manufactured by Apollo and the Maxi mist is manufactured by Earlex - the same as the Busy Bronzer - UK based again another reason for the difference in cost.

All three machines are great, if I were to choose one of them it would be the Mini mist - due to the efficiency on solution and I do think it does look more sleeker and the trigger pulls back more smoothly.

I hope this helps anyone reading this.

Just a question Glamouricious, it says the T200 is not the most robust and the Maxi mist is more robust and capable of doing more spray tans one after another ie at a spray tan party. Would you say this is the case or not in your experience.

Thanks for the other info - thats a lot of difference in soloution and profit. xx

Thats the reason I went for it, because of the size of some of the parties i'm getting, thought it may be too much for the minimist. I'll probably use the minimist for one or two but use the maxi mist for more than that. I do tend to spray quite lightly anyway so hoping the difference in solution wont cost me tooo much!

Today is the day its due to arrive, i'll let you know my thoughts when i've tried it out later :green:

ok, it has arrived!

First impressions.... it doesnt feel quite as robust as the minimist, more plastic parts, but from what i've read that was done deliberately to minimise the risk of burns. The hose is really Loooonnggg..... but best of all IT'S GOT 4 CUPS! :green: :green:

The only thing i'm not too sure about at the moment is the hose connection. On the minimist it had metal things that you pulled back to connect to both the machine and the gun, this one just has push in fittings that don't feel like they are pushing in hard enough, going to get hubby to have a look at it when he gets home.

I like the fact that the gun and cup will stand up straight on their own (not with hose attached though) and don't keep falling over like the other gun did.

Got all my bits and bobs like hats, gloves, disposable underwear etc but dont seem to have the voucher for 25 pounds off training? Not that I need it but someone else might get some use out of it, will call them tomorrow about that.

The skylight tanning tent is lovely, got a bronze one even though I liked the look of the pink, it's not practical for me if it stains as I dont clean mine after every tan. Lets in loads of light and this one has an extractor flap that the old one didnt have.

So far i'm happy -I will report back once i've tried it out :green:

ok, it has arrived!

First impressions.... it doesnt feel quite as robust as the minimist, more plastic parts, but from what i've read that was done deliberately to minimise the risk of burns. The hose is really Loooonnggg..... but best of all IT'S GOT 4 CUPS! :green: :green:

The only thing i'm not too sure about at the moment is the hose connection. On the minimist it had metal things that you pulled back to connect to both the machine and the gun, this one just has push in fittings that don't feel like they are pushing in hard enough, going to get hubby to have a look at it when he gets home.

I like the fact that the gun and cup will stand up straight on their own (not with hose attached though) and don't keep falling over like the other gun did.

Got all my bits and bobs like hats, gloves, disposable underwear etc but dont seem to have the voucher for 25 pounds off training? Not that I need it but someone else might get some use out of it, will call them tomorrow about that.

The skylight tanning tent is lovely, got a bronze one even though I liked the look of the pink, it's not practical for me if it stains as I dont clean mine after every tan. Lets in loads of light and this one has an extractor flap that the old one didnt have.

So far i'm happy -I will report back once i've tried it out :green:

Yay it IS a T200!!

Dont forget the gun sits into the machine, it kinda slots in!!!

The 4 cups are a big bonus I think, you will love tanning with it!!!

[
:lol:
Hi Tonilee
I am looking for a deal on the spray tan machine and tent I saw your message could you send me the info please. Xen tan are doing the Hvlp Gun and tent Half Gallon of solution for £299 but the gun looks very basic Also suntana are doing a good deal on the maxi mist also like the tent with the windows in can you advise me as I am new to spray tanning.

many thanks

Cassi

Will Pm you anyway as Sunless sell the t200 tent and solution for a price that will make you :green:[/quote]

Got a leaflet through the post for the Sienna Show kit offer which contains:

Sienna clear top cubicle (looked at these on their site and they look cool)
Sienna Maxi Mist HVLP machine & gun
1 Litre solution
15 Q&A leaflets
15 consultation cards
5 T-strings
5 disposable face masks
5 hair caps
5 pairs sticky feet
5 pairs latex gloves
25 pound training voucher

Special offer price 295.00 including vat!!

Now, I dont need most of the stuff like Q&A leaflets, consultation cards, training voucher etc but it still seems like a good deal just for the new tent, machine and 1l solution to me!

I know nothing about the machine, currently use the minimist T100 but have had this about 4 years now and I know that it wont last forever, my tent has seen better days too really and i like the look of the clear top tents :green: anyone got any experience of this machine? I do only work mobile but seem to be getting bigger and bigger parties to do, one booked in March for 12+ so I dont want my current machine to burn out or anything.

While I was looking around I noticed that Sienna and Tantrick both do the T200 but the price is a lot different? Is this the same machine? dont know whether to stick with what I know and just get a new machine if mine goes wrong, or get the deal including the tent before it goes pear shaped?

Any opinions greatfully received... :hug:

Hi
I am mobile also and do a lot of tanning parties now i have bought the maxi mist and its great does not over heat etc, is quick you can dry clients of with the hose
I bought mine from suntana for £145 inc 3 bottles of solution 8% 10% & 12% and 4 spare bottles you tip solution in. Hope this helps

Hi

I use a busy bronzer and get on fine with it, but then I have only ever used this one so I suppose its what you get used to. Its quite bulky to carry as I am mobile but its not like I am walking miles with it, only from the car to the clients house.

The Maxi Mist IS NOT a T200, just to clear a few things up !.

Maximist is manufactured in the UK by Earlex
The T200 is US spec and produced in the Us by Apollo

Hope this helps any further confusion.

I'm not at all happy with my new machine :cry:

I sprayed a fellow geek the other night to try it out, been waiting ages to test it because It wouldnt fit in my minimist bag so I ordered a new wheeled trolley online... It sprayed really wet even with the dial turned right down and the next day she told me that she had patchy legs, good job she is a friend and knew I was trying it for the first time!

I came home moaning to hubby that I didnt like it and it wasn't as good as my minimist, we turned the dial down even more and it was spraying onto a tissue ok but the trigger wasn't pulling at all because it was almost closed!! Ok I thought, as long as its not spraying too wet i'll give it a go...

Just got back from spraying a new client and it was a nightmare!! It was really hard to see where I had sprayed so I turned it up a fraction, then it was spraying intermittantly (sp?) and she could feel that sometimes solution was coming out and other times it was just air? I had to mist her all over again just to make sure she had an even coverage as she is off on holiday tomorrow!

When I tested the spray on tissue it was spraying solution even though I wasnt pulling the trigger?! It was constantly spraying out :eek:

Have called to moan about it and waiting a call back so now I'll see how good the customer service is when it matters! lady was querying the fact that I am not familiar with this machine.. I have been spraying for 4 years now so I am not a newbie and I know what to expect, I am sure it is nothing I am doing wrong...

Got tans booked in for the end of the week so I want it sorted asap, I want to just pay the difference and get the T200, never had a problem with my minimist! :cry:

I'm not at all happy with my new machine :cry:

I sprayed a fellow geek the other night to try it out, been waiting ages to test it because It wouldnt fit in my minimist bag so I ordered a new wheeled trolley online... It sprayed really wet even with the dial turned right down and the next day she told me that she had patchy legs, good job she is a friend and knew I was trying it for the first time!

I came home moaning to hubby that I didnt like it and it wasn't as good as my minimist, we turned the dial down even more and it was spraying onto a tissue ok but the trigger wasn't pulling at all because it was almost closed!! Ok I thought, as long as its not spraying too wet i'll give it a go...

Just got back from spraying a new client and it was a nightmare!! It was really hard to see where I had sprayed so I turned it up a fraction, then it was spraying intermittantly (sp?) and she could feel that sometimes solution was coming out and other times it was just air? I had to mist her all over again just to make sure she had an even coverage as she is off on holiday tomorrow!

When I tested the spray on tissue it was spraying solution even though I wasnt pulling the trigger?! It was constantly spraying out :eek:

Have called to moan about it and waiting a call back so now I'll see how good the customer service is when it matters! lady was querying the fact that I am not familiar with this machine.. I have been spraying for 4 years now so I am not a newbie and I know what to expect, I am sure it is nothing I am doing wrong...

Got tans booked in for the end of the week so I want it sorted asap, I want to just pay the difference and get the T200, never had a problem with my minimist! :cry:

Sherrie ....I am really sorry that your not happy with your purchase and I am not knocking what machine you have purchase but sometimes I really cant understand why therapists opt for the cheaper option when it comes to equipment.
It is this equipment that brings in your revenue and really nowadays with prices as low as they are please buy equipment that is suitable for the job and that ensures you produce optimum tan outcomes.

For a couple of hundred quid you can buy a machine that will do the job and last a good few years keeping you and everyone you spray happy :hug:

Just a thought..it will be the gun probably more so than the machine that is causing the poor spray output.....try asking your supplier if the gun from a T200 would fit and operate via this machine...just a thought
Good luck anyway :hug:

Thanks Collin, its not that I was trying to save a few quid that I went for this machine, its the fact that it was sold to me as a work horse and the T200 was for occasional use - I am doing bigger and bigger parties, had a booking for 15 a couple of weeks ago! I didnt want to burn out the T200.

I queried that the Maximist was a lot cheaper and they said it was because it was manufactured in the UK so there was no import duty etc, sounded reasonable, until it arrived when it is obviously not as well made as the minimist was!

What one would you recommend for me as a busy (sometimes very busy) mobile thereapist?

Last edited:
Thanks Collin, its not that I was trying to save a few quid that I went for this machine, its the fact that it was sold to me as a work horse and the T200 was for occasional use - I am doing bigger and bigger parties, had a booking for 15 a couple of weeks ago! I didnt want to burn out the T200.

I queried that the Maximist was a lot cheaper and they said it was because it was manufactured in the UK so there was no import duty etc, sounded reasonable, until it arrived when it is obviously not as well made as the minimist was!

What one would you recommend for me as a busy (sometimes very busy) mobile thereapist?

If the Maximist is the HV5008 made by Earlex then it is a good machine for the money ..it is robust as the T200 however there is a but......it does tend to not have as fine a mist output as the T200 which in real terms although it costs a bit more is well worth that bit extra.

You have a bit of a problem due to your success in gaining larger parties to tan and really there is no other machine that a mobile therapist can use other than the good old T200.
The minimist pro will certainly manage with ease a coach load of customers however not really practical to lug about with you.

IMO the T200 is something you should try and return to as you seem to like it and are comfortable and familiar with it.......it will cope with the bigger group parties however you may just need to give it a bit of a rest now and again.
Maybe your supplier may allow you to upgrade the Hv5008 for a T200

Worth asking at least :hug:

Last edited:
oh, and I dont think the gun will fit the hose of the Maximist as the connection is different. The Minimist had metal pull back fittings and the new hose is just a plastic push fit! that's what I meant by the quality being inferior :cry:

Phoned them again, they will call me tomorrow with an answer. She thought it may be the gold nut on that needed adjusting? I cant see why that would cause it to spray the way it did?

Told her I wanted to back it and pay the difference, she made noises like she didnt think they would agree to that but would ask...... we'll see......

oh, and I dont think the gun will fit the hose of the Maximist as the connection is different. The Minimist had metal pull back fittings and the new hose is just a plastic push fit! that's what I meant by the quality being inferior :cry:

Phoned them again, they will call me tomorrow with an answer. She thought it may be the gold nut on that needed adjusting? I cant see why that would cause it to spray the way it did?

Told her I wanted to back it and pay the difference, she made noises like she didnt think they would agree to that but would ask...... we'll see......

Well Sherrie...:idea:here's the deal...if your supplier wont swap it then I will...if their answer is no...simply send it to me (as well as the difference on your suppliers cost between the two machines) and I will send you a shining new T200.

That should cheer you up some :hug:

Wow - that is very generous of you, thanks Collin! you really are a knight in shining armour aren't you! :hug:

I was going to tell them if they agreed to swap that you are also selling the T200 a lot less than them! yours is 40 pounds less! Maybe they will just take theirs back, refund me ... and I'll buy a T200 from you instead! :green:

At least I wont be lumbered with this one way or another - I appreciate it xx

Wow - that is very generous of you, thanks Collin! you really are a knight in shining armour aren't you! :hug:

I was going to tell them if they agreed to swap that you are also selling the T200 a lot less than them! yours is 40 pounds less! Maybe they will just take theirs back, refund me ... and I'll buy a T200 from you instead! :green:

At least I wont be lumbered with this one way or another - I appreciate it xx

Sherrie..ive just received an E mail from the manufacturers agent who has been copied in this thread in the USA ....so many eyes about hey:eek:.

The suggested cure to the problem you are having is possibly that the Gland seal just needs re adjustment...maybe worth a try with your supplier before giving up on this machine :idea:

Latest posts

Back