Skin Tones Collection (CND)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
I recevied my CND SkinTones collection yesterday and had a little play last night. The colours are amazing.

My question is to those who have used them. Do you/Would you dilute down the colour (ifykwim) Z3 with clear or pink?

I used Neutral Pink on my own nail (only did the one) and it doesn't look too bad at the moment but moght be more noticable once the nail has grown up a wee bit.

Hi Jo, I have recently started using the neutral shade on my own nails and love it. I do not feel the need to dilute down the colour for zone 3.

I haven't diluted the colors either, and I've found that as long as you choose the right color for the skin tone, you won't have to worry about it looking "off" when it grows out.

You can always feather it down into zone three to keep it as natural looking as possible. I just moved one of my former NSS clients to it and it's made such a difference in perfecting the look of her nails and masking the previous damage.

S

Thanks all, I think the colours are spot on but just wondered what others do.

Makes life a little easier all round if we dont have to dilute Z3.

ooooo im finding this thread very interesting - im introducing ccb to the salon, and my boss is behind me all the way, i tried to get this kit, but it was out of stock when i tried, ive made my own natural base, but would be so much easier if i could get it already made, and just need a few tweaks here and there - ive already managed to get 3 ccb booked in, so will have to try and re-order me thinks

I'm really liking the new skin tone colours, I'm wearing the warm one, and I've got about 50% of my clients onto them already and they are loving them !

I have been custom blending for a while but have found the new powders so much easier, they are such a fine blend so you don't get any speckling or marbling of the product and I've used all 3 on clients and have found them a fab match straight out of the jar so no need to tweak !

when I first used the warm on me I did do a 50/50 mix of warm and intense pink for zone 3 which did look good and blended the product lovely onto the nail plate, but it was pointed out to me that as that product grew up the nail and would eventually be zone 2 having the transparent powder in the mix would dilute the pigment and your not going to get the full coverage later on, so I've used the powders straight now and they have still blended onto the nail fine.

I'm really happy with them !

ooooo im finding this thread very interesting - im introducing ccb to the salon, and my boss is behind me all the way, i tried to get this kit, but it was out of stock when i tried, ive made my own natural base, but would be so much easier if i could get it already made, and just need a few tweaks here and there - ive already managed to get 3 ccb booked in, so will have to try and re-order me thinks

Glynis, Stock came in on Wednesday. I ordered this and S2 first sent me the old CB kit (as ST's wass out of stock) but resent the skin tones later which I received Friday.

I'm really liking the new skin tone colours, I'm wearing the warm one, and I've got about 50% of my clients onto them already and they are loving them !

I have been custom blending for a while but have found the new powders so much easier, they are such a fine blend so you don't get any speckling or marbling of the product and I've used all 3 on clients and have found them a fab match straight out of the jar so no need to tweak !

when I first used the warm on me I did do a 50/50 mix of warm and intense pink for zone 3 which did look good and blended the product lovely onto the nail plate, but it was pointed out to me that as that product grew up the nail and would eventually be zone 2 having the transparent powder in the mix would dilute the pigment and your not going to get the full coverage later on, so I've used the powders straight now and they have still blended onto the nail fine.

I'm really happy with them !

I agree the powders are much finer. I used to hate the look of CB when I mixed up my own as I got the marbling. Also, good point about Z3 becoming Z2.

thanks flower - will get the boss to order them pronto for me x

I'm loving the Skin Tones! I tend to use the opaque colour in z2 and blend it down to the nail then use Perfect Pink in z3 - IMO it looks more natural that way........

I think that you can always see a difference in color when it grows out no matter how close you match the powder since the color of your nailbed changes weather you have warm or cold hands ¨mine do anyway :lol:¨
I do apply the skin tone colors to zone 2 and feather it a bit out but i keep this thin making sure that it covers enough.
I use a mix of intense pink and some flawless pink to do zone 3 and go over zone 2 with it aswell. I've found to get the nicest effect in this way since i do think that the powders are great but that they tend to lack a bit of freshness in color if you use it for a full coverage.
When the mix of the flawless and the intense pink grow out to the free edge and the natural nail becomes visible there, I just take away enough material and do the same so that I get a nice coverage again.
I found this to work very well for me.

Latest posts

Back