Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done lynne. And vicki make sure you're drinking plenty of water alongside all that superfree and try more veg than fruit. You can do it hun. And as you've said before you're losing inches which is great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done lynne. And vicki make sure you're drinking plenty of water alongside all that superfree and try more veg than fruit. You can do it hun. And as you've said before you're losing inches which is great.

I need to drink more water for sure.
Thank you so much for the works of encouragement :)
X

You're welcome hun. Losing weight is bloody hard work. I've just been to weigh in after 3 weeks off and only gained 4.5lb so quite pleased with that as I only had 5 days on plan out of the 3 weeks.

I have only put half a pound on since just before going on holiday, i was so shocked! It helped having last week to do as much as i could to loose loads before i got weighed. I worked so much the week before i went away i hardly ate so that helped. Its just something about it being written on your book putting weight on, i knew i had but i didn't want to go last week because i didn't want it written in my book lol i can deal with 1-2 lb though...1st 9lbs to go before christmas

I stayed the same...again!! :(

Well done Mrsblakemore thats great. Amy stick at it, follow it 100% and it will pay off hun.

so i lost 2lbs this week! i couldnt believe it because i have been a bit naughty! And starting to get bored of pasta & sauces which isnt good because i love them, theyre quick & theyre free! i made the turkey burgers last night & my husband said they were he nicest thing he had ever tried. i also added garlic, corriander and worstershire sauce & made the coleslaw to put ontop. It was nice!;)

I lost another 2lb this week (Whale Watchers though, not Swimming World), so now I've lost 10% of my body weight.
It'll be down the back of the sofa...

Well done ladies. I lost 1lb this week. Wanted more as I'd been so good but its that time of the month & I always get bloated so generally maintain. Going for it big time this week.

Oh god i forgot about the 10% loss, that means im 3lbs away from mine! Wont get it next week but hopefully the week after. If i stay on track and loose 2lbs a week i will get to my goal...although i will want to loose another half stone so that i have something to play with because if i go over my goal i will be disheartened, i never want to get heavier than 10 stone again! I keep telling myself its baby weight but my girl is 3 now so its actually pizzas & cake lol!! I love SW, i will always cook their recipes and try and stay away from cakes

You don't need to stay away from cake. Just work it into your plan. Remember you can have between 5 & 15 syns a day. Its funny what people percieve to be their perfect weight. You say you never want to be over 10 stone wheras I look ill at anything under 10 1/2 stone lol.

Right.... I need a kick up the back side!!! I have soooooo much weight to lose. Ideally I'd like to lose 5 or 6 stone !!! :-O

I've just read this thread from start to finish. All you ladies are so inspiring. Well done ladies :)

I really want to try SW - but no idea how it works.

Also, when you go to SW do they say your weight to you or just write it down. I think I would be sick if I heard someone say it... that puts me off going!!! Lol

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

GlamourEyes I'll kick your ass if you kick mine. I stayed the same this week & have 9lb to target. Arrrgggghhhh so annoying when in may I was only 3lb away. Each group is different but when I joined they wrote my weight down and showed me it then left it up to me what I wanted to do for my target. I knew what weight I wanted to get down to but some people just do it a stone at a time. If you ask them just to write it down for you they will. Sw will never read out your weight just your losses. I find it very easy to follow and do extra easy rather than red/green. I found the first 3 1/2 stone easy - even with holidays, xmas, birthdays etc. Now I'm close to target its slowed down. I need a massive kick up the bum to get me going again! Xx

Oh and as for how it works the diet is based on lean meats, fish, fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatoes. You have healthy extras whicj ensures you get enough calcium & fibre then syns for treats. Nothing is banned as long as 1/3 of everymeal is fruit and/or veg. Honestly it is easy and works!

GlamourEyes I'll kick your ass if you kick mine. I stayed the same this week & have 9lb to target. Arrrgggghhhh so annoying when in may I was only 3lb away. Each group is different but when I joined they wrote my weight down and showed me it then left it up to me what I wanted to do for my target. I knew what weight I wanted to get down to but some people just do it a stone at a time. If you ask them just to write it down for you they will. Sw will never read out your weight just your losses. I find it very easy to follow and do extra easy rather than red/green. I found the first 3 1/2 stone easy - even with holidays, xmas, birthdays etc. Now I'm close to target its slowed down. I need a massive kick up the bum to get me going again! Xx

Ok you've convinced me... I will join. Just means I need to allow time in the evenings (I'm mobile therapist) so I can go to a group. I won't get time to stay for meetings unless I have clients, but I can pop in and get weighed! How much is it per week?

What do I need to do to start? I'm just rubbish at all of this and have
no idea where to start lol.

I will kick yo ass lol. From reading your posts you have done AMAZING! You look fantastic too. Well done you ;)

I am even going to get my 30DS DVDs back out. I am sick of trying to lose weight and keep putting it back in. This is IT this time!!! I want to lose weight before the geek meet in Feb too (is anyone coming?)

xxx

Oh and as for how it works the diet is based on lean meats, fish, fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatoes. You have healthy extras whicj ensures you get enough calcium & fibre then syns for treats. Nothing is banned as long as 1/3 of everymeal is fruit and/or veg. Honestly it is easy and works!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just make sure you have meat, veg, pasta, eggs, tinned tomatoes - basically a cupboard full of basics. You can have mugshots, pasta & sauce savoury rice etc but not all are free so get the info then download the app. I go shopping with my app at the ready to check syns. I go to a morning group which is easier with the little lady so see if you can find one as its worth staying to meetings. Its £4.95 a week but they are doing a special offer called countdown where you can buy 12 weeks for the price of 10 & get a free book. I used to do the countdowns as I felt more committed when I paid in advance. Any questions just shout. Go for it xx

Iv been really off the plan recently, for the past month iv lost 1/2 lb put in 1/2 lbs then lost it again or stayed the same! I blame it on this cold weather, I was hoping to get to my goal by Christmas but I will be lucky if I get to my 10% which I'm 2lbs away from!! Anyone else feeling like this now it's cold and christmasy? It's our works do next weekend and I will be eating and drinking so will have to not eat much this week to make up for it!!

Has anyone spotted a voucher for cheap joining fee in a mag?
I used to go up til a few months ago got busy with work and couldn't juggle work kids and meetings. I want to go back but begrudge paying the joining fees when I already have books ect and just want to go back to weigh ins. Btw I managed not to put anything on even in that time by just loosely sticking to plan :) it's a fab way of eating!

There was one in Reveal mag a week or so ago. Sw is fab well done for not gaining while not going. X

Latest posts

Back