So annoyed with client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traineekezia

Reaction score
Had someone email this morning about make-up and hair trial for her prom

after her going on that she couldn't afford it i foolishly lowerd my prices.
Should be £45 for the trial and on the day instead offered her £30 and now she's going on saying she just want's it on the day but i dont' feel confident to do a hormonal 16 year olds girls make-up without a trial i've said to her if it goes wrong she's wasted her money, my confidence lowers, i get a bad rep for my business and she has to run around panickin thinkin wht to do an hour b4 her prom

You know you shouldn't have lowered your prices.

So long as you explain that for the best result it is adviseable to have a trial run and so long as she doesn't expect an even cheaper service without the trial run, the onus is on your client.

It is up to you whether you want to go ahead and accept the booking without the trial run but if you have confidence in your abilities, I think you should go ahead.

If you feel too under pressure and really not up to it without the trial, do not accept the booking.

Don't take it personally, there are always clients who want something for nothing. Some clients think that if they feed you enough of a sob story then you will feel sorry for them and reduce your rates.

I had a client who would always tell me she had no money, I would do her a set of L & P nails, but she would phone me after a week complaining about the state of her nails. There was never anything wrong with them, but as I had just started out in the industry, I would do her an infill as a good will gesture. This became a bit of a habit. In the end, she came one day, and I told her there was nothing wrong with her nails and that I would have to charge her for the infill. Needless to say I didn't hear from her for a couple of years until this Christmas. I did her a set of nails, and then when she came to pay told me she had no money on her and had left her cheque book at home. She returned 2 weeks later with her cheque, once again trying it on for a free infill. I told her that I was fully booked for the next 3 weeks. I did get the cheque (which I banked straight away) but I havn't heard from her since. I might add that this lady lives in the biggest house in the area, drives a massive 4 x 4 and the last time I did her nails proceeded to tell me she had just had a £25,000 kitchen installed.

What I am trying to say is don't reduce your charges or do extra work as a good will gesture as it then sets a president and the client will expect it all of the time.

If you offered this girl a reduced rate, then she may well go tell all of her friends and they will expect the rates as you offered her.

We all spend a lot of time, effort and money in learning our trade, don't feel as though you need to compramise your worth, especially for a sob story.

Good luck xx

:):)

I dont think you should have lowered your prices but i think you should have some special prom prices .....

£45.00 seems a bit steep for a teenager to pay ....

I may be wrong (i dont do make up) ..... but that seems a bit much for a prom...

Maybe put a package together with special rates for proms....

You know you shouldn't have lowered your prices.

So long as you explain that for the best result it is adviseable to have a trial run and so long as she doesn't expect an even cheaper service without the trial run, the onus is on your client.

It is up to you whether you want to go ahead and accept the booking without the trial run but if you have confidence in your abilities, I think you should go ahead.

If you feel too under pressure and really not up to it without the trial, do not accept the booking.

Totally agree with Chris here.

I also think that she is trying to get it as cheap as possible and is trying every trick in the book to do so. Stand firm and make sure it is her following your rules as opposed to the other way round. Best of luck. :hug:

I dont think you should have lowered your prices but i think you should have some special prom prices .....

£45.00 seems a bit steep for a teenager to pay ....

I may be wrong (i dont do make up) ..... but that seems a bit much for a prom...

Maybe put a package together with special rates for proms....

Yeah i think £45 is a bit steep that is for a trial and on the day in the past couple of hours i've reviewed my prices since telling her that i wasn't prepared to lower them etc she hasn't emailed me back.

Latest posts

Back