so poor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Im so skint its untrue!! i dont know what to do. im in my overdraft in current account and have 2 credit cards with a bit of debt on. ive just started trying to get some clients out of work as well as my salon wage...... i just feel its never ending!! some days i feel fine about it and think o well some people owe a lot more than me! and after my dads accident i know there are more important things to worry about.
but other days like today i feel like i just want it all off my back and thats gonna take years!:irked::Grope:

I have 90 grand's worth of debt. It's called a mortgage, and sometimes it keeps me awake worrying about it.
As long as you service your debt properly don't worry about it. As you rightly observe there ARE more important things in life.
:)

Im so skint its untrue!! i dont know what to do. im in my overdraft in current account and have 2 credit cards with a bit of debt on. ive just started trying to get some clients out of work as well as my salon wage...... i just feel its never ending!! some days i feel fine about it and think o well some people owe a lot more than me! and after my dads accident i know there are more important things to worry about.
but other days like today i feel like i just want it all off my back and thats gonna take years!:irked::Grope:

You aren't alone with this hunnie x :hug:

the thing is i havent even got a house or morgage yet!! thats wot im worried about. im 22, stil at home which is fine and my plan is to move out in 2 years when ive finished paying my car loan back. but then il prob stil have my credit card debt i just never know if its best to consolidate them into a loan, which i did once and regretted it afterwards as i was still paying the same a month anyway but its taking longer to pay off so it doesnt make sense!!

Talk to citizens' advice bureau, or the national debt helpline for the best way to pay off your loans. They give very good advice.

what about switching credit cards to a 0% balance transfer for a yr , at least then you aint paying extra interest :hug:

hi i am on 0% interest for now! thanks! i might try debt line, although i know theres not much i can do, im hardly in a terrible situation, i just need to control my spends and get more money down on my credit card. x

the thing is i havent even got a house or morgage yet!! thats wot im worried about. im 22, stil at home which is fine and my plan is to move out in 2 years when ive finished paying my car loan back. but then il prob stil have my credit card debt i just never know if its best to consolidate them into a loan, which i did once and regretted it afterwards as i was still paying the same a month anyway but its taking longer to pay off so it doesnt make sense!!

I definitely know how you feel. At 23, I have around £30k of unsecured debt. (Left by an ex boyfriend who took advantage of me) Probably shouldn't state figures but at least I admit it! A lot of people hide behind it. I however do what I can to make the payments. Yes I've struggled but unfortunately for me every time I've been to the CAB etc, they couldn't do anything without sending me bankrupt. And with the business plans that I have, there is no way i could do that.

I've learnt my lesson, and haven't added to it at all since I've been with my current boyfriend (18months) but I accept the fact that I have to pay it back and that it will be a few years before I do.

The worst thing was that when I was 19, I had a 15k credit card, and I was only earning £12k a year. I cannot believe how some of these banks get away with lending the money in the first place.

i reckon first thing to do is cut up your credit cards!
credit cards are nasty horrid things that make us think we can spend.... trust me i know.... im still paying mine off i got when i was 21!
0% never helped me unfortunately... i got a new card which free'd up an old one .... just in case i thought...........instead of cutting it up......silly me!
once ive got rid of all my credit card debt im never ever going to get another one... ever!

see i seem to add to mine on my credit card as i have no money for anything. eg i need petrol at the moment. i have £200 left in overdraft, or money left on credit card. which do i spend on?!!

i reckon first thing to do is cut up your credit cards!
credit cards are nasty horrid things that make us think we can spend.... trust me i know.... im still paying mine off i got when i was 21!
0% never helped me unfortunately... i got a new card which free'd up an old one .... just in case i thought...........instead of cutting it up......silly me!
once ive got rid of all my credit card debt im never ever going to get another one... ever!
sorry what do u mean got a new card and freed up an old one? x

see i seem to add to mine on my credit card as i have no money for anything. eg i need petrol at the moment. i have £200 left in overdraft, or money left on credit card. which do i spend on?!!

overdraft... im thinking its cheaper interest??????

altho im nt encouraging you to get in more debt

sorry what do u mean got a new card and freed up an old one? x

i got a new 0% credit card transfered the balanced from another card .... which meant there was loads of credit left on the 'old' card

is that a good thing or bad thing?!! i have one credit card which i have started paying roughly £10 interest on a month due to 'cash interest' so i want to transfer this to another card. but the one i have the debt on gave me a bigger allowance than any other one would, so i cant find one to transfer it to!!

Its a terrible situation to be in, we (me, hubby and 2 kids) are in a skint place atm. Well have been for a good long while now. I tend not to talk about it, as I find it really depressing. However I am applying for a part time job atm so I can add to the money already coming in.

I am busy ish with my nail business, but I am going to work around hubbies shifts, so he can look after the kids and things.

I agree with cutting up your cards, that is one thing I have always said I will never get is a credit card.

xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

i always said id nver get a credit card then i got a car and found i couldnt afford other things so got a card and it spiralled from there!!

I refuse point blank to have a credit card,
i have debit cards, if i don't have the money in the first place then i cant spend it and just have to go without.
I do feel for you hun, i do have debt from a bank loan i took out to buy my business, if i could turn back time i would never have bought it :hug:

I always swore I'd never get a credit card but just before Christmas I gave in. I was poor and wanted to not have to worry about Christmas presents. So I got a card for £400. Everyone got nice Christmas presents and I felt good. There was still £150 left and over the last few months that's been used on essentials.

I finally cut it up when it was declined at a petrol station when I had no othr money on me. I was mortified. I had o fill out a form and was accused of planning to do it. I made sure I was there first thing the next day with the money to prove I was genuine.

I no £400 isn't a lot but I have all my bills to pay on my own. I work 50 hours a week and still struggle. I have a take home wage of just short of £900 and each month £750 goes out before I see it. I have £150 to eat and put fuel in my car and any emergencies.

The best thing I did was cut it up and now I pay as much as I can each month. The good thing with mine is that although I get a bill each month and I make a payment I can call up at any point through the month and make additional payments. Even if it is just a fiver.

All I can say hun is cut it up straight way and pay as much as you can when you can. The first month or so wll be hard but once you get n a routine and used to it, it will become normal.

But I no it's hard and have days where I get down and get really upset so here's a big :hug: to help.

you're not alone hun, theres lots of people in a much worst mess! there are ways and means of getting help, dont let it spiral out of control, nip it in the bud now before it gets too bad, a good company that will help anyone get sorted is consumer credit.

cut the cards up and dont worry, it'll all come good in the end:hug:

Last edited:
Hiya ...

If you are living on credit then there is a problem.

If you owe more than you earn in a year there is a problem.

If you only ever make the min payments there is a problem.

You would do well to get good advise....try this site....IVA - Individual Voluntary Arrangement: IVA Help and Advice its just like this site in that its full pf people who understand and will help...also lots of professionals who offer free advise. Its not just for people in or wanting an IVA...if you give them the details of your debts..income...and surplus income they will help guide you to make the best choice.

Those who know me on here know of my debt story....so I do understand your concerns.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back