So What? Who cares?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
Well, some may think this may be a bit contraversial, but I'm gonna ask anyway and see what response I get.

Have you ever read the title of a thread, gone into it and read the first few lines and thought...'so what, who cares?' :rolleyes:

(You may even be thinking that about this thread) :lol:

I know that in the main we can talk about anything within reason, but have you ever read a thread and thought, 'why are you sharing this here?' or 'how bored are you?'

(Again you may even be thinking that about this thread)... and in answer 'yes I am a bit bored!! thoughts wondering (time to go back to work I think).:lol:

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts are on this.

yes, I frequently think "so what" or "who cares" and if that's the case I simply don't reply.

and yes, I thought that about this thread too, but being as you asked...... lol

all the time - but whatever floats your boat - i may think its boring - others may think its great - each to there own and all that xcx

haha this thread did make me laugh I have to say, and the answer to the question is yes! But like it has been said above, I just move on, and don't reply if I find the thread really dull!

Yes sometimes I feel that way but if I don't care I don't reply, sometimes I do care but don't reply because it's a bit too personal.
Post what you like as long as it's within the guidelines.
Live and let live but don't talk about things that people pee in at festivals,that's all I'll say:lol:
Or cups that are for something other than drinking tea out of.:eek:

Mostly I hover over the title to get the gist of the thread and move on to the next.

A lot of the ones I hover on and move on from are banal to me, so I don't bother to read it but one man's meat is another man's poison and it's what helps to make the community and for members to get to know each other and make friends.

Or cups that are for something other than drinking tea out of.:eek:

LMAO, have to agree here! Sometimes I really do think TMI!!!!!!! Other than that, I've learned to live and let live ... one geek's meat is another geek's drivel!!!!

BTW Cathie, you sure you've got enough glasses of wine lined up there lol!

BTW Cathie, you sure you've got enough glasses of wine lined up there lol!
I never drink wine, I can't handle it, I'm a Fosters gal through and through! I must have missed the posts about weeing in cups.

Frequently but I tend to ignore them:)

I never drink wine, I can't handle it, I'm a Fosters gal through and through! I must have missed the posts about weeing in cups.

If only it was weeing LOL.

I find the threads which should be journal entries the most tiresome.

There are lots of threads which IMO really do not belong here but it saddens me most that they seem to be the ones which get the most input rather than the reason we are all supposed to be here - nails.

But as they say, each to their own - if I dont like it I dont read it.

If only it was weeing LOL.

I find the threads which should be journal entries the most tiresome.

There are lots of threads which IMO really do not belong here but it saddens me most that they seem to be the ones which get the most input rather than the reason we are all supposed to be here - nails.

But as they say, each to their own - if I dont like it I dont read it.

im with you on this one fiona!!!
it makes me mad when a good meaty nail thread gets buried under a load of drivvle!!! there ive said it!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Which thread prompted you to write this thread?! :lol:

there are a few threads that i think OMG :zzz: but i get a good idea when i see who the poster is...i tend to think yep that will be 'ANOTHER' load of drivvel:green:

I post in chit chat ...and the main forum....some peeps just cant seem to find anything to put in the main forum (worrying that !)

But hey..thats why there IS a 'chit chat' forum and who am i to say who can and cant post ! I just dont read them - simple!

amb x

I do think there are quite a few folk who will post anything just to get a post count up, regardless of the topic and yes I tend to ignore them. However my boredom threshold is usually particularly low, so I don't linger long on those threads.

What gets to me more are titles that don't relate to the thread properly, like 'help please' or 127 responses to one comment saying 'I agree'....although thankfully there have been much less of these in recent months.

Personally, I think the journal is one of the best places on here if you want to get to know people, as opposed to threads like 'guess what I did this morning / last night / whenever'......JMHO though.....

The majority of posters are fine But there are a small handful whos post's I thing wtf :eek: But I just tend to ignore replying unless it really gets my back up :irked:
The thing that always gets me is that thousands of people worldwide access this site and to have threads like for example I dont know what to make for dinner tonight or what time is countdown on just isnt really worthy of being on here imo

What gets to me more are titles that don't relate to the thread properly, like 'help please' or 127 responses to one comment saying 'I agree'....although thankfully there have been much less of these in recent months.
The moderators edit titles that need it, ie a thread titled 'help please' will be changed to 'help with L+P please' etc.
There used to be quite a few 'I agree' posts, but since peeps have paid more attention to the Geek Commandments these have reduced.

YES I AGREE - hahahahahahaaha

have to say that ive looked at a few threads today and thought "so what" or "who cares". i think just lately there are alot of threads that warrant a "who cares" or "so what" response. i will sometimes answer them, other times i dont bother.

but hey "WHO CARES" ahahahhahah

I suppose sometimes its just someones way of keeping in touch there is only so much that is new now concerning nails most of it you can find if you do a good enough search.I think the beauty side of things is becoming more popular, but really yes sometimes you think whats that all about but again does it really matter. Someone once asked for soup recipes i tried out a few of them and was really glad for the info.It is so much more than just a nail forum, people make real friendships on here.The support given when someone has a problem is amazing, its diversity is what makes it so popular and what may seem insignificant to one person may not be to another who are we to judge.

Which thread prompted you to write this thread?! :lol:

There wasn't really any one particular thread.

Since I've been on holiday I've been on the site quite a bit and noticed there seem (IMO) to be more 'chit chat' threads than nail/beauty related threads and as someone has already mentioned some of the 'chit chat' threads (IMO) should be in the journal, one in particular springs to mind, but I will hold back on sharing which one, it is as it's only my opinion.

As many have said, I have gotten into the habit of hovering over the title and by-passing it if my first thought is, 'so what'.

It is interesting to note that some of the threads that I think 'so what' to are often the ones many others give input to.

As they saying goes 'it takes all sorts to make a world...even a geek world' (italics my own)

It's been interesting to read other people's opinions on this though.

Good Thread, yep I find plenty that I just skip over even if I get so far as to read the first post and 9 times out of 10 I don't even get that far. Lets have more meaty threads like we had a couple of weeks ago, something to get our teeth into.

Joan

Latest posts

Back