Soak off foil or?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat923

Reaction score
Hi all,

Do any of you geeks use these's to soak off the gel instead of foil if so are they any good.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKp!E4jek8c44BOSvZzN,vg~~48_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKp!E4jek8c44BOSvZzN,vg~~48_3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 252
  • $(KGrHqF,!iUE4vk5!ClIBOSvZ2M+J!~~48_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!iUE4vk5!ClIBOSvZ2M+J!~~48_3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 224
  • $(KGrHqJ,!l4E4kuy9,z0BOSvZ1lRyw~~48_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!l4E4kuy9,z0BOSvZ1lRyw~~48_3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 222
Hi all,

Do any of you geeks use these's to soak off the gel instead of foil if so are they any good.
Ooh, they look quite interesting!. I'm presuming you put the acetone soaked cotton pad on the nail and then sort of "clip" this contraption round it to keep it on????

Where did you see these? My query would be does the plastic keep the heat in though which the foil does and which speeds up the soaking off process............

Thanks for sharing xx

where did you see these? they look fab x

These look interesting.. I'd like to know about them too ..

more info please.....

where did u find these??

they dont look stronge enough to hold to cotton in place they look like they'd just slide off! also Foil and the Shellac remover wraps both keep the heat in providing a speedy removal! i think most of your acetone would just drip out of them! Also can they be disinfected? as they are touching your clients skin! at first the look good then when you start asking question they seen not so good after all!

Not sure how comfortable the client would be with these on? No chance of reading a magazine or book with these in place.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Not seen these before, truthfully they look a bit gimmicky

I have something similar in the spa for removing enhancements mainly. They are called soak pots.

You put the clients fingers into them, they are like these but are more along the lines of little pink rubber and plastic pots that you fill with acetone and push the fingers through a piece of rubber and soak.

In theory they sound ok too but they are a bit of a nause too!

Last edited:
Hi,

the postage is off the map.

You're not kidding!! For that price you could buy 100 shellac removal wraps and have some change..... :biggrin:

Hi just got mine today off ebay there great.

Actually clients find them tight and very uncomfortable to wear.

If someone just got them today, they really haven't had the chance to try them or get feed back or give a meaningful comment .. these are not new .. been around for ages and never been a winner.

Foil and heated mitts, every time.

Those pink things look like tiny instruments of torture :green:

Cotton wool soaked in acetone wrapped in hairdressers tin foil because its thicker, cheap and quick to do. I wouldn't waste my money on pink thingies.

Hi i did a soak off yesterday and found them much better than foil lot lass faffing around they just clip on. No heat and the gel was off in 15mins.

Hi, what are they actually called? or do you have the link please?
Also, were they comfortable for the client and did they keep the heat in and not take longer than foil/wrap method?
Thanks xx

i HATE the soaking off with foil. i use the pinkiesnailproducts manicure soak off bowl that has hot water in the bottom, acetone in each hole and a cover and is comfortable professional and quicker.

my clients hate the foil things too and i avoid removing from toes otherwise i have to use foil wrap for those

I get in a right pickle putting the foils on myself, so would be a God send for these situations. I can only see them available in the US from a website though. I wouldn't pay through the nose for something that would just be kept for me.

Latest posts

Back