Soak off gels when swimming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
Hi

Last week I did my friends toes with the new NSI soak off gel in Hokus Pinkus, bright pink. This week she went swimming and they turned white.

I spoke to NSI and they said she'll have to put Vaseline on her nails before swimming. Is this the same with all soak off gels?

OMG i would like to know this too:hug:

I've gone in the pool or hot tub with Bio colours and never had a problem.

I have found that some calgel colours have faded on 'some' people,the bright pink and orange for instance.This has been when people have been on holiday so not sure if it is the sun or chlorinated water.If you use super clear on these colours, if they are going on their hols, this helps.

I too have experienced Bio pinks fading, usually in strong sunlight. I always stress the possibility to clients.

I too have experienced Bio pinks fading, usually in strong sunlight. I always stress the possibility to clients.

I've seen the strong sunlight fading as well. I have a client who swims regularly and doesn't fade so I figure it's more the sun on vacation than chlorine.

I used the Illusion Shine Gel on top.

Is it just bright colours this happens with then? I've got dark purple and a brown. Hopefully it doesn't happen with them too, but I'll tell her to keep using the Vaseline.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back