Soak or Buff? A friend in need!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstiemb

Reaction score
HI, I'm wondering if any of you can help my friend? ( I can't help her as I haven't started my course yet!!!)

She's had tips and gel nails put on at Nails Inc at Debenhams, she thinks it's a hard gel but not sure. She then couldn't get an appointment for infills so she got someone to infill with bio sculpture. This hasn't lasted long (it lifted quite quickly) but she is a hairdresser and has her hands in water a lot, now she wants to get it taken off and start again.

Does anyone know what they use at Nails Inc? She's wondering if she can soak it off herself? or if she would need to go back to get it buffed off? She did train in nails years ago with OPI but has not done them for a long time so is not sure what to use.

Does anyone have any advice for her?

Thanks x:confused:

I think she should go back and have them take them off correctly. Bio Scultpure is a soak off gel but I dont know what Nails Inc use.

HI, I did wonder if thats what she should do. I think she was just not very impressed with the last two places she's been to and wondered if she could just try and soak them off herself!

Thanks x

Hi

I have also had my nails done for a while at Nails Inc in a Debenhams branch. It is def Bio Sculpture that they use and when I have it redone (I don't go for an infill), they soak it off in Acetone. I hope this helps!

x

Great, thanks. Maybe she could try soaking them then and if it doesn't work then go in. My only concern was the tips, as I haven't trained yet, (I've done mani 's & Pedi's but not enhamcements yet) I didn't know if they still had to be buffed off, or if they soaked off too?
I told her she should go in anyway but I think she wants to try and do it herself.

Nails Inc use several different gels....I've come across OPI, Bio Sculpture and several others in their stores. Your friend will need to go back to the store for a definite answer.

Ok, better to be safe then sorry!!!

Thanks x

Hi

I would recommend that you tell your friend that she should only consider having these removed professionally at a salon. Even if she doesnt go to the salon where she has had them done in the past, if she goes go a reputable technician and explains what she's got on, they will be able to remove them safely in the correct way.

I've seen too much damage on people who've decided to remove their own to ever suggest home removal to anyone.

I will pass this on, thank you all for your help.
x

Latest posts

Back