Some nail techs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,
Just had to share this,had a call from a lady last night she wants some infills doing on her nails, as her regular nail tech has had something tragic happen to her in her life ..and has decided to shut up shop and never to be seen again,never called any of her cllients to let them know what the situation was, so this poor womens gone for her appointment , to be told by the shop next door...no chance of seeing her luv, something tragics happened !!!

So anyhow shes rung me askin if I would do her infills tonight..uurrgh!ok I said , as she really wants them done by Friday as shes going away.

Anyway we gets chatting and I asked her what type of nails were they?There gel she said,I think its an American gel..she said.
Ok ,and then she explained that she d been pleased with her work,but when she came to removing them ..THE NAIL TECH JUST PULLS THEM OFF!!..:eek:
No way I said..mmm..does she use a drill on the natural nail...yes but shes very gentle with it,she replied,I then had to say was she English..no shes not...so are you thinking what Im thinking...why is this nail tech ...PULLING THEM OFF:eek:,maybe its because they take too long to soak off?Does this mean yet another MMA jobby.:grr:

Oh no not again,will have to see later.

From my understanding of MMA... it doesn't just pull off... I thought it was so firmly attached to the nail that it had to be drilled off?

From my understanding of MMA... it doesn't just pull off... I thought it was so firmly attached to the nail that it had to be drilled off?

I had a similar thing - i started a thread a couple of months back asking if anyone else had heard the same - and apparently the NSS's will prise off the enhancement if there's a bit of lifting and apparently some grow their pinkie nails for the job or use anything that they can (someone said they used their bus pass to do it!) Unbeliveable! But at least she's found you!!!:)

Dont believe this ...just had another call from one of this other techs clients,saying ooh I need gel infills doing help!

So ive told her Im doing this other girls infills tonight,see how I get on with them, if there ok Ill call her tomorrow and do hers aswell.

Ooh so hope it works out ok.

Now if I remember what Cathie said, you should treat these nails as normal re balances, she said it was better to let these grow out and not to try to soak them of, just de bulk and reshape as you would normally.
How great for you to pick up her clients without having to advertise for them:hug:

Thats all I plan to do,I aint soaking off noone elses work,espically when theyve come from those sort of places..I have a bed to get back to tonight:lol:.

The second lady to of phoned,said..well I dont mind if you soak them off and start again..but I politley said no and explained why,but yeh Im chuffed Ive had two calls from this same place,never know could get more.Will have to post a thankyou card through the techs shop door,for giving me her clients.:lol:

yeh Im chuffed Ive had two calls from this same place,never know could get more.
Will have to post a thankyou card through the techs shop door,for giving me her clients.:lol:

PMSL:green:

Well done you I hope they don't give you too much grief :) Wish something like that would happen to me I need somemore clients.

Why is it that people are happy to go to places where it is unhygienic, use mma etc. I like to think that my hygiene standards are good I sanitise everything and keep up with the latest news and skills but still they go to the cheaper ones (and my prices aren't that bad)

Good luck anyways :)
Angela

Last edited:
i wasn't aware there was MMA gel as well as L&P :eek: well at least you can pick up all her clients and save them ! be interested to see some B4 pics ?

I've just aquired a new client a lady with nails that tell a tale. the lines across her nails are indicaction of when she had her nails infilled. every 3 weeks. , i said to her what would she like done to her nails. she said she would love forever french , but her old tech said she couldn't have them because of the marked nailplate. the marks she had made from using the e file and filing the nail plate within a inch of there lifes. the indentations were terrible. she also couldn't believe how i had all my intruments in sterilisation jar, and sprayed her hand when i started the nail service,

she'd been going to this lady for 9 years.
I camouflaged her beds and gave her a set of forever french she was very happy. hopefully she will be with me for 9 years do hope so.
but some peeps don't realise a good set of nails when they get them.
there quite happy to get there nails wrecked.
thg

I've just aquired a new client a lady with nails that tell a tale. the lines across her nails are indicaction of when she had her nails infilled. every 3 weeks.

Omg , Ive just got back,thought Id come on here and tell you the results and I also wanted to ask about all these infill lines she had,is this normal as Ive never done or seen more than one infill done on a set of nails,and its just been mentioned!!I think it did ruin the final look,but I didnt actually notice it till I applied the uv top coat.

Anyway shes been educated,and it actually turns out they were acrylic,she said they mixed a powder n liquid together so that said it all,she was actually annoyed as she was charged for gel which was more.Any how,she had a bit of lifting which was a b to shift,but she seemed ok about the final finish,she also complimented on the cuticlework,said her other tech didnt do this!

I got my diary out to rebook,she did dither to what day she was free,said she had a week off in June at some point, and would get back to me,so I might hear from her again,but at least she knows now what shes been putting her poor nails through.

Im going to ring the other lady tomorrow,and put my self althrough it again Friday if she still needs me. At least I know what Ill be facing now.

I was just about to start a thread, Ive had a lady in to day that had been to a nss salon, she wanted me to 'sort her nails out' ....

I removed as much of the acrylic (that she said they told her was gel) l&p, i buffed off as much as i could (the smell was horrible and the dust was industiral) this lead me to beleive it was MMA...

I then re did the white (which was sprayed on) I placed smile lines in with gel, then a layer of clear gel then top coat.

She was over the moon but i wanted to ask firstly if this was the correct way to deal with it (there was no way it was soaking off)...

Secondly was i right to apply gel over the top of this acrylic.

I have advised her to return for maintenance and grow this stuff out.....

Its only my 3rd day in the salon & ive had another one on the phone whos too scared to go back to NSS because they burnt her !!

Am i doing the right thing regarding working on the MMA????

I take them on only because I dont really have a client base at the moment ,quite new to mobile ,so I dont like to turn people away.

There was a thread on here recently as to wether we should turn them away or not.I think its a personal option, but at the end of the day ,they need to know what damage is being done to there nails,and if there being turnt away they aint gonna know,so I would say take them on,but do make them aware this MMA s***,is a bugger to shift.

Im sure youve done right what youve done,only the first time I done a set I too filed them right down, but Ive actually learnt on here a few weeks ago just to infill,do apex, and just let them grow the poop out!

I just cant understand this gel buisness,why do they tell people there gel nails all the time when there usin liquid n powder,if they cant get that right..well god knows.

Yeah she has re-booked with me i left most of it on & advised to grow out.....

I told the lady who phoned that i cant soak them off but will assess and try to remove some of the product and make them as good as new as I can

I was just about to start a thread, Ive had a lady in to day that had been to a nss salon, she wanted me to 'sort her nails out' ....

I removed as much of the acrylic (that she said they told her was gel) l&p, i buffed off as much as i could (the smell was horrible and the dust was industiral) this lead me to beleive it was MMA...

I then re did the white (which was sprayed on) I placed smile lines in with gel, then a layer of clear gel then top coat.

She was over the moon but i wanted to ask firstly if this was the correct way to deal with it (there was no way it was soaking off)...

Secondly was i right to apply gel over the top of this acrylic.

I have advised her to return for maintenance and grow this stuff out.....

Its only my 3rd day in the salon & ive had another one on the phone whos too scared to go back to NSS because they burnt her !!

Am i doing the right thing regarding working on the MMA????

you did the right thing ....... BUT, the only thing I would be worried about is the difference in strength, gel would be weaker than what they already had, and if they break she may get peed off.
It's often a difficult situation, your damned if you do and damned if you don't...

Well Ive made an appointment with the second lady Friday eve..so looking forward to it.Ive told her I will be given her some education on these chinese people as she thought they were the biz..not.

She then asked if I done manicures, as her daughter took her mma nails off last night,and she said her nails are so sore..not actually sure how she took them off ..but will find out..thinking of taking my camera along with me so I can post a piccy on here when Im done.Any ideas as to what I can recommend her to use on her nails appart from solar oil,whilst shes regrowing them,could I do Bio overlays?

Then she said shes refured her friend to these chinese people as she thought they were the biz??Hopefully Friday the only person she ll be refering her to will be ME!!:lol:

OOh getting so excited ,bought time I was on a high again, Ive had so many lows lately with this biz.:)

i'm so pleased for you,
:)thg

thx nailzoo, did advise clients (3 of ex-NSS) lol that the overlays i have put over will not be as strong & will need to be assessed whilst the NSS is growing out...

They are all working towards NNO's ..... that acrylics not going anywhere fast lol

Any idea how long it would take to grow the NNS out????

Latest posts

Back