sore fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
my fingers are realy sore i have worked them so hard this week they are raw is tech tape the only answer or is there any thing u can buy to put over your files as they are raw im in such pain .....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

my fingers are realy sore i have worked them so hard this week they are raw is tech tape the only answer or is there any thing u can buy to put over your files as they are raw im in such pain .....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I used to use somthing called flex wrap... not sure if its the same thing!

I have trained myself to hold the clients finger and the file so i don't slash my self to bits... it was getting out of hand, i was bleeding allover my clients at one point!

x

omg i know this feeling so well!!
i was using blunt files and filing my skin so much i used to bleed all over the place due to me filing my skin sooo thin!
are your files old???
i personally cannot work with gloves tech wrap etc, i still file my own nails into strange shapes, but now i treat myself to a new file per rebalance
i go through loads a week but not had sore fingers for ages and ages
hth xx

i use a new file for evey client i think i must be just clumsy they are realy sore i was bleedin yesterday and didnt evn know was so shamed

can you try and hold the clients finger differently?
i hold my clients fingers underneath almost pinching their fingers from underneath, if you know what i mean, so their sidewalls are pulled right down, and the file does not get in the way
but i do sympathise with you about the sore fingers, its not nice is it?
why not try tech tape , or failing that plasters, just to give you some protection until the xmas rush is over xxxx

do we all have the same 'bits' hurting?

Left hand KILLING from 'holding the nails'

Right hand inside of thumb and index finger shredded to bits?s?????????????

mine is always my holding hand (left hand,) that hand is killing, and nails are mis shapen lol
other hand( filing hand) is ok, apart from my nails dissolve slowly over the weeks from scrubfresh lmao

and my nail enhancements are also all shapes on my left hand due to my filing lol lol will fix um tomorrow when my last client walks out at 3.45 woo cant wait 2 days of rest MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a really sore thumb from holding the clients fingers until i realised that it was the way i held them. I tried different ways until i found a way that helped. Also I find that a lot of clients tense their fingers while you hold it and now i always ask them to relax their finger and since then i have had no problems.

I get Vet Wrap from my farm supply store, it is much cheaper than the kind for Nail tech's and real people. It's the stuff they use to wrap race horses' legs. I just cut it into 3 long strips then cut each long strip into smaller pieces to fit my fingers. I wrap left first finger and thumb and right first finger.
I also tell my clients to be limp noodles! It kills me to have to keep fighting their "Rigor-Mortise" hands!!

I get Vet Wrap from my farm supply store, it is much cheaper than the kind for Nail tech's and real people. It's the stuff they use to wrap race horses' legs. I just cut it into 3 long strips then cut each long strip into smaller pieces to fit my fingers. I wrap left first finger and thumb and right first finger.
I also tell my clients to be limp noodles! It kills me to have to keep fighting their "Rigor-Mortise" hands!!

i've found that recently, they get their hand all tensed up until its not even on the cushion, i think some think they are helping, bless!:lol:

I find that if u put a couple of layers of nail polish or resin on the tip of the finger and side of the thumb it gives u something to wear away before u get to the skin and this has worked wonders

do we all have the same 'bits' hurting?

Left hand KILLING from 'holding the nails'

Right hand inside of thumb and index finger shredded to bits?s?????????????

This is my problem too!!! I started wearing the tech tape when it's too painful. it helps a bunch.

Buffers Knuckle. I remember it well...

I had a damaged thumb and forefinger to the point that they would only grow 1/2 way up the sides. The bleeding and soreness had stopped and they were nice calloused and stumpy. Just on the sides that I hit the with the file.

I tried stretchy flex wrap, comes in all colors. But it has to be changed between each client, and that gets expensive. I now use gloves and have my "regular" finger nails back.

Latest posts

Back