Sparitual

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly190

Reaction score
Hi, im thinking of converting to sparitual from orly whats everyones opinion on spritual is it better than orly???

Well I'm going to stick my neck out here, but when in the States recently, I bought a bottle of this brand as I had no polish with me and I thought it was the worst polish I've ever used for drying. It took forever and a day to dry and I would never get something like that for professional use (or home use for that matter). Never know a polish take so long to dry.

I have used Spa Ritual for the last couple of years and I do not have any issues with it drying. They do lovely colours and products. It has been very popular especially with pedicures and lasts well.:)

We also use Spa Ritual alongside OPI. I bought it for the spa as I was fed up with OPI being so widely available to the consumer.

I had a good old chat with SR at Premier last year and I bought a fair whack and they gave me a great deal and lots of freebies including the wheelie case and I haven't really looked back since.

Can't say we have noticed spa ritual laquers taking longer to dry (maybe the fact we are in Fl helps it dry quickly...lol).They also have nice side products, lotions, potions and the likes.

We also find it extremely popular with the health conscience crowd who seem to like the fact it is a vegan product.

Why not just get a couple to try and if it is not for you you haven't spent a whack.

Last edited:
Sparitual was created by the wife of the orly brand. Personally i love the range of colours and actually converted from creative due to size, consistancy and pricing. I think it is thinner than creative but this doesnt affect the coverage. I love the fact that even my vegan clients can try it out. Plus their kaleidscope range is so vibrant and so in fashion!

Each collection is bang on trend and i personally love the fact that you have to register and get exclusivity rather than any ol joe trying to buy the product. Its harder for ppl to get hold of the brand if your not a professional!

The overall branding of sparitual is really nice because the wife ceo is a photographer! xoxo

I have been using Sparitual alongside OPI for years and have never had a problem with drying, or anything else come to that. It lasts well and goes on like a dream and although there are not hundreds of colours in the range, the colours they do are lovely. Some of the paler colours are a bit transparent so you may have to ask which ones are which if you have a preference but I love them! :green:

Well maybe I got the only duff bottle in the whole wide world.

I in fact returned it to the Spa I had gone to and received a refund as it was completely unacceptable to me and the manager told me they weren't very happy with their choice and had only bought it because the name went along with their salon perception! Plus the price was ridiculous for the quality it was.

The colour was a deep burgundy frosted ... Very thin consistency and wasn't dry after 40 minutes.

I do not normally comment on other brands for obvious reasons but I do know a good polish when I use one :lol: and this was certainly not a good example; not one I could recommend to anyone after that poor performance.

Maybe we are all wrong then? LOL :green:

Maybe we are all wrong then? LOL :green:

Maybe you are but ... lets just say I got the only crappy bottle in the whole wide world as I said above. The bottle I bought was horrendous and certainly would not inspire me to recommend it to a salon to invest in which is what the poster asked. The salon manager I spoke to had a differnt perception to yours as well. So that is two of us (and I'm sure there are more) ... we are entitled to a voice as well as yourself and the others who have posted, without you trying to belittle the opinion of others because you may not agree with it, Sheila. Or is it just I who am not entitled to voice an opinion if it differs from yours?

The obvious answer is that the poster should buy some and see what she thinks herself and if it is worth investing her money in it. As for buying a system for all the many (?) vegans who walk into the salon is concerned .. that to me is not a big enough selling point to interest me personally. I would have thought that most high end polishes fulfill that criteria. There allot of excellent polish brands to choose from out there.

Last edited:
Personally the colours are worth investing in, you have such a wide selection from sheer, cream, glitter, shimmer, neon. I have my own favourites that i recommend trying out: colour trip, primaitve, sage very in right now! The polish drys pretty quicky and their matt black called body, is one of the best blacks i have come across. I only needed one coat!! Now im astounded that it is suggested that it takes a long time to dry. But feel free to try them out yourself and then you'll know!

I use sparitual because some of my clients are strickly vegan and i wanted to be able to appeal to everyone. Since having it i have converted so many more clients who we're not in the know so to speak. I considered the colour range, the pricing and the plum cap has a great grip to it so its easy to move open!

I also genuinally like the concept and the branding of sparitual and think that many that do invest in them do reap the benifits. Its different, eye catching and my own review is price effective, plus it looks more expensive than what it is! Now your getting a 15ml bottle rather than what other brands are selling but the rrp is quite good. The range smells nice and has a unique way of treating your client!

I really think with every brand; that you should look at why you want to buy it, your price range, retail, bottle size, colour and usage per bottle. Last but not least the competition, none of my competitors have this brand which i am greatful for as they all have the same from the same wholesaler! Hths xoxo

I bought several SR polishes at Olympia Beauty because they are all vegan (like me!) and really like them so far. I will definitely buy more at the next show. They are a bit pricier online.

Maybe you are but ... lets just say I got the only crappy bottle in the whole wide world as I said above. The bottle I bought was horrendous and certainly would not inspire me to recommend it to a salon to invest in which is what the poster asked. The salon manager I spoke to had a differnt perception to yours as well. So that is two of us (and I'm sure there are more) ... we are entitled to a voice as well as yourself and the others who have posted, without you trying to belittle the opinion of others because you may not agree with it, Sheila. Or is it just I who am not entitled to voice an opinion if it differs from yours?

The obvious answer is that the poster should buy some and see what she thinks herself and if it is worth investing her money in it. As for buying a system for all the many (?) vegans who walk into the salon is concerned .. that to me is not a big enough selling point to interest me personally. I would have thought that most high end polishes fulfill that criteria. There allot of excellent polish brands to choose from out there.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you are right about that. I did think, however, that it was against the site commandments to rubbish another brand and your choice of the word 'crappy' in particular does just that.

I find this brand a great brand as do many other girls on here.

I wanted to ask if you bought this to test it specifically? I know you are a one brand type of girl and this is so out of character for you to buy another brand unless you are going to trial it. :green:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you are right about that. I did think, however, that it was against the site commandments to rubbish another brand and your choice of the word 'crappy' in particular does just that.

I find this brand a great brand as do many other girls on here.

I wanted to ask if you bought this to test it specifically? I know you are a one brand type of girl and this is so out of character for you to buy another brand unless you are going to trial it. :green:
I was not rubbishing the brand ... Bit strong ... I said I had one crappy bottle and that it handn't inspired me to recommend it on the strength of it. I really hate it when people twist my words to score points ...

I bought it because I unfortunately as it turns out had no other choice as I was in Vermont at a hotel spa and it was the only thing they had. I did not travel with any enamel so had to get some. If you are really interested I also bought some polish at the local pharmacy as the one from the spa was so bad I took it back for a refund. The pharmacy brand dried much faster.

Sorry my opinion of a bottle of polish offends your choice but there it is. I certainly will not be buying it again. As for my character, which you really know nothing about, I like all women buy all sorts of brands to use. Anything I do a trial with is to gain insight ... I'm often disappointed but it's all part of the game. :green:

Now I'm bored to tears so I'm off to bed and please be my guest and take the opportunity to try and score the last point and have the last word as you seem won't to do. :lol:

I stock spa ritual and am going to play a bit of devils advocate here. We went for this range as it was the only range that fitted with out salon ethos. Smells i love, products i love, colour i love...however i too have noticed that a few of the polishes (especially the creme ones) do seem to take forever to dry. i brought one called Delight a lovely kind of pale turquoise ish blue. It is awful, doesnt cover well and takes a millenium to dry. so i can see both sides of the arguments on here. My advice ...try it. I cannot compare with other brands as i have always used sparitual.

well sticking my neck out here too but I went onto Spa Ritual as I was sick to death of peppermint in pedicures! It was popular with my clients as it was different and has some lovely smells and some of the colours (what I have used anyway) have been great and last as long as any other brand....I have always been a die hard Jessica therapist but I have to say even they have some really awful colours that just make doing a perfect manicure a real pain! Cherrywood being one....but are wonderful polishes that last a long time

No one brand is 100%perfect but the brand as a whole has to suit you and what you want out of your treatments and for your clients......just as a note I don't do any of this anymore, so like to think I am pretty neutral now as I can use what I want on me!

The colour I bought and that was so bad, was called Epicurean (something) I can't remember. I just remember the Epicurean bit. Maybe because I like food!! :lol:

I use and love sparitual, however i have definately found the lacquers take a really long time to dry comapared with other brands. I invested in the dry and shine drops and they do help, along with waiting longer in between coats.

I use and love sparitual, however i have definately found the lacquers take a really long time to dry comapared with other brands. I invested in the dry and shine drops and they do help, along with waiting longer in between coats.

Oh .... So then I appear not to be so off the mark then :lol: and obviously didn't get the only bottle in the whole wide world that took forever and Day to dry?? l love vindication! :lol:

I couldn't recommend anyone to use a polish like that professionally ( which is what the poster is seeking, a recommendation). If a polish takes that long to dry it is a nightmare in the salon.

I absolutely love spa ritual! They are very reasonably priced in my opinion, I compared a wide range of polish/Mani/pedi ranges and companies only a few weeks ago as I wanted to see everything on offer out there to stock and use in my salon.. If I remember rightly, i found Jessica to retail at around 9.95, colour effects around £11.95 whereas spiritual is 7.95 retail.. So they are affordable for clients. I love how easy the polishes are to use.. If they are sparkly - boy, they do sparkle! Very bold beautiful colours! They are mega shiny. Their limited edition seasonal ranges they bring out regularly always come with smart stands and displays and POS material, they keep the clients happy and keep them buying as they want to be on trend. They're just lovely.. Highly recommended! Laura x

Seems the original poster has not seemed fit to reply to this thread since it was written 2 weeks ago. So we'll leave it with the likes and dislikes for now for her to view..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back