Sparse eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
My eyebrows ,although still there are getting quite sparse,shorter and dont lay as flat as they used to can anyone suggest a good eyebrow filler and tamer.

The best thing is to get an eyebrow powder..........not pencil. Then shade them in to give them a nice soft look. You could always try either a brow gel or normal hair gel to get them to lay flat. When you pluck them, make sure that you pull them in the direction that you want them to grow in. If you have any grey hair, pull them out. Let's face it, they're not going to go back to their original colour so why keep 'em?
HTH. xxx

I can't really say it better than Kimmi but, from a personal point of view, I use a brown eyebrow pencil, the type with a small brush at the end, apply lightly and blend by brushing - Rimmel, Dark Brown - terrific xxx

Fortunately no greys yet i think they will disappear before then Is there anything on market that tames like a brow gel and colours at same time.

No there isn't really. There is of course permanent make up but of course I'm biased. It's amazing though..........life changing.

I have always wanted to have fab eyebrows I have very dark brown hair yet my eyebrows have always been blonde and well you just cant see them lol I have used pencil but always think it looks so fake So perhaps a powder would be better.

I have always wanted to have fab eyebrows I have very dark brown hair yet my eyebrows have always been blonde and well you just cant see them lol I have used pencil but always think it looks so fake So perhaps a powder would be better.
Why not have them tinted.They do all sorts of colours now even red.Not bright red i might add.

Would they appear thicker if tinted a darker colour ?

I trim mine! I'm not completeley mad am I?
In the 21st Century Beauty Bible (non prof book) it says as you get older your eyebrows get longer and trimming them makes you look younger.
I'm only 27 but i have natural brows that rival the Gallagher brothers from Oasis.
I use a comb to brush them down toward my eyes and trim the excess then i use the Lamcome eyebrow powder which is a duo with a waxy substance for colour them a powder to set it.
It's fab and fills any gaps that i've been left with from going for the Pamela Anderson look in the mid 90's lol.
xxx

I trim mine! I'm not completeley mad am I?
In the 21st Century Beauty Bible (non prof book) it says as you get older your eyebrows get longer and trimming them makes you look younger.
I'm only 27 but i have natural brows that rival the Gallagher brothers from Oasis.
I use a comb to brush them down toward my eyes and trim the excess then i use the Lamcome eyebrow powder which is a duo with a waxy substance for colour them a powder to set it.
It's fab and fills any gaps that i've been left with from going for the Pamela Anderson look in the mid 90's lol.
xxx
i don't trim my own but i do have alot of ladies that come in for shaping some of which i will trim also, not the whole brow but just a mm off the top few hairs at the start of the brow, it seems that as women get a little older the brow hairs do seem to grow longer and more unruly and this does just tidy them that little bit better, i recommend a brow comb to all of my brow clients and for those with sparse patches i recommend the body shop brow powders they come with a stiff fine haired brush which allows you to apply a natural filler to the brow hth x

No there isn't really. There is of course permanent make up but of course I'm biased. It's amazing though..........life changing.
Kimmi, I have much the same problem as Gillian, does it really make such a difference and does it look at all fake and what can you expect to pay.

Got to agree there, had mine done and they now have a gentle arch and just need a bit of tweezer work to keep them looking 100% the colour looks totaly natural and no embarasing moments if you rub your face:lol:

Will Agree with this also. I had mine done about 7 years ago and even thou it was said at the time that it should last about 4 - 5 years, mine still look good. Not as strong as a line but still better then my thin, blonde ones that I had to fill in everyday with eyeshadow or pencil in order for you to see that I had eyebrows. ;)

Still lovin them.

Hiya

Guys take a look at my web under the heading portfolio Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

I have corrected a scar on a brow with Semi-Permanent makeup

Take a look how easy and natural this looks, works on sparse brows
there are many PMU makeup artists around that offer this sort of work
It's affordable

the other thisng i would suggest other than the 24hr brow pencils is..vaseline and a brow comb(this will help keep brows in place)

Jenx

Kimmi, I have much the same problem as Gillian, does it really make such a difference and does it look at all fake and what can you expect to pay.
Sorry Jac..........only just saw this.

Permanent make up is amazing and really life changing if you're having to pencil in brows every day. It isn't cheap but it lasts a few years, so in the grand scheme of things, it's well worth the money.

Mine don't look fake at all and I use different shades and fine hairstrokes. Brows are ususally between £300 to £450 and vary from one tech to another. xxx

not that i'm one to promote going abroad for cosmetic surgery but one of my clients had hers done in singapore and it cost her £50, crazy isn't it, i was asked about this by a friends mum and she had been searching around and the cheapest she has found is £350, i did tell her cheap isn't always good and recommended that she find a reputable place to have it done x
if anyone can recommend somewhere in the south that would be great x

Around '97/98 I had my eyebrows done with the semi permanent makeup.
They say 'semi' as mentioned it's supposed to fade out after a certain amount of time, mine still look ok, better after a tint these days:irked:

I've put alot of junior waxers at ease by telling them if they take off tooo much.........don't panic mine won't ALL come off - explanation follows :) Made it easier as a line to follow is there already.

Tinting can reveal alot more eyebrow than visible before especially in fair to really fair colouring.
Plumps up the hair/s giving a fuller appearance & a nice frame for the eye's, not an option for every one but makes a big difference on some.

HtH

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back