Special K diet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
I've just started the special k diet today. you have special k for breakfast & again for dinner & a normal meal for tea (i always cook nice healthy meals for tea anyway) I've bought some muller rice yoghurts & curly wurlys for snacks too.

I've got 40lb to loose :eek: I want it off before I go on holiday end of june.

I'll be running 4 times a week too, well ok not quite running but fast walking lol

I know special k is supposed to be for short term use but I am doing it until all my weights gone. won't be depriving myself & I'll still be eating all my fruit/veggies & taking my vitamins.

has anyone done the special k diet & how did you get on? xx

I've just started the special k diet today. you have special k for breakfast & again for dinner & a normal meal for tea (i always cook nice healthy meals for tea anyway) I've bought some muller rice yoghurts & curly wurlys for snacks too.

I've got 50lb to loose :eek: I want it off before I go on holiday end of june.

I'll be running 4 times a week too, well ok not quite running but fast walking lol

I know special k is supposed to be for short term use but I am doing it until all my weights gone. I won't be depriving myself & I'll still be eating all my fruit/veggies & taking my vitamins.

has anyone done the special k diet & how did you get on? xx
Ooh good luck! As long as your still getting your vitamins and minerals you should be fine! All the people I know that started the special k diet did it for about a month then couldn't stand the sight or taste of it any longer haha! But with drive and determination you can do anything you put your mind to :D good luck shifting that weight! Xx

Ooh good luck! As long as your still getting your vitamins and minerals you should be fine! All the people I know that started the special k diet did it for about a month then couldn't stand the sight or taste of it any longer haha! But with drive and determination you can do anything you put your mind to :D good luck shifting that weight! Xx

yeah I can imagine you do get bored of the same food after a while!! lol

I've bought 4 boxes of special k today in different flavours so they don't all taste the same lol xx

You have to be quite careful with the Special K diet because it's high in sugar & has a high glycemic index which makes you very hungry inbetween meals (I found out after I'd started it!). When I did it it made me quite lightheaded too but i'm not sure if that was coincidence or not. Hope it's more successful for you than it was for me, good luck with all the cereal! Where are you going on holiday? x

I done a vlcd diet called exante (I did tamper it) and iv lost over 25 lbs since 1st december 2011.. My starting weight was 165.6 lbs and now I'm 143.0 lbs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Good luck, I also tried the special K... I got so sick of it I've never eaten it since. I didnt last long- about 5 days i think. I too was very hungry often.

I am a personal trainer & nutritionist & the special K diet is not a healthy way to lose weight. Your blood sugar will not be kept constant & this will result in you feeling hungry & light headed. You will be lacking in nutrients & protein.
You need to have 3 meals a day & 2 snacks to keep yopur blood sugar constant & prevent hunger pangs.
Portion size is very important & most people do not know what a normal portion is.That is why, people say I eat healthy food & never lose weight.....its because they are eating too much of the healthy food.
You need to weigh your portions.
Please pm me if you want any more info.
Good luck x

You have to be quite careful with the Special K diet because it's high in sugar & has a high glycemic index which makes you very hungry inbetween meals (I found out after I'd started it!). When I did it it made me quite lightheaded too but i'm not sure if that was coincidence or not. Hope it's more successful for you than it was for me, good luck with all the cereal! Where are you going on holiday? x

Hi glitterandgold, I'll try it & see how I get on, I might add a cuppa soup & a ham sandwich or something to my dinner time meal, might make any hunger pains disappear if I do that.

I'm going to turkey, I can't wait. just want to wear nice bikinis & dresses this time, instead of laying on the beach with leggings & t-shirts like I did last year :eek: xx

I done a vlcd diet called exante (I did tamper it) and iv lost over 25 lbs since 1st december 2011.. My starting weight was 165.6 lbs and now I'm 143.0 lbs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

that's great tiplicious! well done you. have you been doing exercising? or just the diet? xx

Good luck, I also tried the special K... I got so sick of it I've never eaten it since. I didnt last long- about 5 days i think. I too was very hungry often.

I've a feeling I'm going to get sick of it tbh lol when I did weightwatchers I snacked on snack a jacks all day, got that sick of eating them I don't even walk down the same aisle there down when I go shopping now lol I'll see how I go with this special k & if I get bored I'll mix it up with other foods. xx

I am a personal trainer & nutritionist & the special K diet is not a healthy way to lose weight. Your blood sugar will not be kept constant & this will result in you feeling hungry & light headed. You will be lacking in nutrients & protein.
You need to have 3 meals a day & 2 snacks to keep yopur blood sugar constant & prevent hunger pangs.
Portion size is very important & most people do not know what a normal portion is.That is why, people say I eat healthy food & never lose weight.....its because they are eating too much of the healthy food.
You need to weigh your portions.
Please pm me if you want any more info.
Good luck x

thanks Cath, I'll send you a pm. xx

This will make you laugh.......

I tried this one (Special K Diet) once with an old flat mate, we did really well, apparently 'felt healthier' no light-headed-ness or hunger pains, we also made a concious effort to make our 3rd meal well balanced too.
After 9 days we thought we'd check our progress and I had not lost a bean and my friend had put on 2 pounds!
In utter disbelief, we logged on to the website and tried to find out what could of gone wrong!
It was this......we discovered that the recommended bowl size was a 30g portion. Ok we thought, so out came our kitchen scales and we poured in the same amount we had be enjoying for the last 9 days. It was only when the digital display peaked at 82g that we just collapsed laughing! - no wonder!

Good luck all the same!

Tried this last year. Unfortunately I was hungry all the time and had headaches and it also gave me terrible indigestion, which I never had before.

I've tried it and lost about 20 pounds .. I didn't do it for two weeks.. it was just a fast and easy meal so I would pack some dry cereal and (I rush about a lot haha busy life) AND then would often have a bowl to eat for supper.. it was alright.. lost 20 pounds tho in a month !

Oh Hun stop doing it. It's not good for you! Eat little and often every 3 hours my pt recommends and it definitely shifts some pounds!
You poor thing. That stuff is like cardboard lol xx
Ps: there's a really good app called my fitness pal for iPhone to count calories!

Thanks for all your replies, Ive done it this week but cheated somewhat lol couldn't handle just special k, I was far too hungry.

I've been having every day (kind of boring eating the same things but I love all this food...)

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs & 2 brown toast with butter.

Dinner - bowl of special k & a cuppa soup & a muller rice yoghurt.

Tea - tuna, sweetcorn, pasta & lots of salad. with a bit of coleslaw & a wholemeal pitta bread. with an apple & a banana & a yummy curly wurly.

I've been drinking water/diet coke/ tea/coffee.

I've done quite a bit of walking too, but oddly enough I've always enjoyed walking.

anyway, I got weighed this morning & I've lost 6lb this week!!! :)

well done!! x

Oh bless u, well done for trying tho. Have u managed to lose any weight? Defo look at the my fitness pal app, its so easy to use! highly recommend

Xx

Oh Hun stop doing it. It's not good for you! Eat little and often every 3 hours my pt recommends and it definitely shifts some pounds!
You poor thing. That stuff is like cardboard lol xx
Ps: there's a really good app called my fitness pal for iPhone to count calories!

I have that App...and OMG it's fabulous!! I have lost 45lbs in 3 months, just counting the calories! I still eat whatever I like....I don't deprive myself of anything!
That app is my bible and I live by it every day....I can't recomment it enough!:)

I *TOTALLY* agree with using 'My Fitness Pal'!! It makes u so much more aware of the calories u consume day to day. Both my bf & I are obsessed with it! x

Latest posts

Back