Spray tan solutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brashley1

Reaction score
Hi, just starting out in the spray tan business.. ive been looking on various websites but i was wondering if theres any i should avoid and why? Or any that you recommend?
Thanks beth.

Its against geek rules to use the site to knock companies so you probably won't get much feedback on ones to avoid but i can personally and highly recommend wowfactor who supply Tantrick,vani-t and various other solutions,equipment etc.

Hi, just starting out in the spray tan business.. ive been looking on various websites but i was wondering if theres any i should avoid and why? Or any that you recommend?
Thanks beth.
Hi beth,

Homebase is definatley one to avoid cos there not as good as B&Q and dont contribute towards my or any other peeps pension fund :eek:

Seriuosly though...why not focus on the posative and seek some reccomendations...im sure many peeps can help you with some posative contributions as to which provider they feel is a good one :Love:

Thanks beth.

My personal recommendations would be

Unreal Unreal tanning | Unreal - advanced seasonal technology
and
Xen Tan Fake Tan Perfection - Xen Tan Official UK Site

Both companies do samples.

I think Unreal charge for their samples but they are a good size and the sample price is deducted if you place an order.... which is likely because it's great!

Call everyone and get samples. Try them on the same person. Take note of guide colour, developed colour, how long it lasts and how well it fades.

I'll second Nouvatan!!
I sampled loads before i decided and, in my opinion, you wont get better than Nouvatan.
Great choice of shades, lasts really well, lovely natural colour, fades exceedingly well and smells lush!

Thanks alot i havent heard of that one, il get some samples orderd!

Try Vani-T as well it is a bit more expensive, but it is absolutely gorgeous and 100% natural ingredients aswell.

Collin (above) owns the company who distribute it, I'm sure he could sort you out with a sample xx

hey there i use suntana and it great and all the lovely smells coconut, chocolate, cherry lol lovely colour and even tan comes off great not orange and dave has great customer service i bought my maximist gun from them and they are quick to deal with any problems fantastic customer service x

I recommend la tan. I use it in the salon, we stock the 10% 12% and 18% . We also use fake bake too but la is slowly overtaking fake bake!

why not write out a list and get in touch with each of the ones that you like the sound of? ask for samples and get spraying!

My advice for whats it's worth. Try and get samples off all the tanning brands and make your own judgment, along with the opinion of friends if you are new to the market. There will be lots of advice for recommeded brands for you to try, but so many of them are similar, (difference will generally be in guide colours, smell and Dha%). See how the tan looks after washing and the way in which it wears off. Decide what your motivating factor is in terms of what you are looking to promote - a Top Shelf Product Brand you want to be associated with? A number of brands offering a more flexible service? The cheapest available?

Most importantly, look at the support they are able to offer you in terms of training, support, marketing materials etc. This makes all the difference and makes you feel part of the team, not just another customer number notching up their sales.

Most tanning brands will offer you a sample in a 100ml bottle. A good google search will do the trick.

I would agree with the advice given above. Contact all the companies and they will give you samples to try out. My favourite for a while has been tantricks tandare but looking to give unreal tan a try. Will keep you posted on its effectiveness.

Amanda x

I agree with I Tan. Solutions are a personal preference. What one person make like, another may hate. That said, I use EnvyTan solutions. I love them. They now offer 2 separate spray tanning solutions that are completely different, color wise. Their customer service is incredible and when I order it is shipped out by the next business day. They carry just about anything you need to run a spray tanning business so I also enjoy the one stop shop, for all of my products. Makes ordering a breeze. Good luck in finding the solution that is right for you!

hi i just thought i would say i got loads of companys to send me samples but must say my favorite is suntana. i think its the best its really nice to apply and smells really nice too it comes in 3 shades my favorite is the 10% cherry 1 they are all very nice though. i got all my equipment from suntana aswell, the customer service was excellent aswell and they deliver really quickly too:)

LA Tan is very popular with my clients, I have tried loads of different solutions!

Tantrick's essence of summer and autumn gold are also lovely solutions...EOS smells lush!

xx

Hi, ive sampled a few solutions too and would definately recommend Suntana, its been the best so far. It's such a lovely natural colour smells great, coconut 8% cherry 10% and chocolate 12%, applies really well, lasts up to 7 to ten 10 days if looked after well. :green: Why not email companys for some samples. :)

Right i have my list ready to ring round tomorrow morning, thanks alot everyone :)!

I have honestly tried so many tanning solutions, Fake Bake, Zen Tan, LA Tan, Liquid Sun but none give me the depth and natural looking colour like Unreal!

I am very fair (blonde hair) and I can even wear the darkest (12%) DHA Unreal provides and look natural, it doesn't smell either! They use natural ingredients and it doesn't irritate my skin and I have Eczema!

Try it, I promise you'll love it!

Got to agree with the guys that have mentioned Unreal. This solution is completely different to everyone else's on the market because it uses Advanced Seasonal Technology which basically means Unreal have different solutions to match the different seasons of the year! This means in the winter you will have a slightly lighter tan (which looks natural during the dark winter months) and the summer solution gives you a deeper, golden yet still natural looking glow.

My clients have said this is also their favourite brand as it dries quickly and has no smell. It also lasts for up to ten days with good maintenance and its pretty much impossible to turn anyone orange!! This is because the solution adapts to the skins natural properties so if you tan someone with an 8% that usually goes brown in the sun, they will go darker (with the 8%) compared to someone that usually just burns.

I am never without my Unreal Fake Tan as I am absolutely addicted! Proud to be a TANOREXIC!!

I would agree with the advice given above. Contact all the companies and they will give you samples to try out. My favourite for a while has been tantricks tandare but looking to give unreal tan a try. Will keep you posted on its effectiveness.

Amanda x

Yes I also agree with the same advice given! I have used Unreal for a good while now and they're great! They charge for samples but this is redeemable against a purchase of their solution and you can get two full body tans out of one of their 100ml sample bottles! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

At the moment I'm gettin fantastic feed back on the Organics range at WOW. I have done four people with the 8% and the tans are soooo natural I will deffo be ordering more of this.

Latest posts

Back