Spray tanning do you always wear a mask

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just wondering if you guys always wear i mask i do sometimes but have to admit sometimes i dont bother. I have an extraction fan but honestly find sometimes it can make place colder and it chilly enough. My spray tan room is tiled from top to bottom and we foolishly thought it wouldn need a radiator as its only small. a electric radiator warms it up but then it gets covered in spray tan,but anyhow back to the masks my sister never wore one and it paying for it now as her chest is really bad.:hug:

hi I'm the same sometimes i wear a mask, but lately i found that i was a bit heavy in the chest after so now i do try and put the mask on. i know you might not want to hear this but did you ever blow your nose after you have used the spray tan, its not a pretty sight and if your nose is like that whats yours lungs like???

oh yeah megan1 i have noticed that (its horrid!!)do you just wear a dust mask, or is there a special one you can get for spray tanning. I know exactly what you mean by your chest being heavy. After xmas i had the worst chest infection i ever have had in a long time i defo blame being busy with spraying and not wearing mask which is my own fault. My sis actually had to get streoids twice in the last year as her chest was so bad. Do you have an extractor fan.:hug:

It is advisable for therapists who do a lot of spray tans in an environment where adequate extraction is not present to wear a mask.

Whilst there are no known adverse side effects to spray tan solutions themselves it really is best to do everything practically possible not to inhale to much solution into the lungs...after all we are no longer fish living in the sea and our lungs have developed over millions of years to operate most effectively when dry :eek:

It is a hassle wearing masks but it could prove to be worth the effort in the long term.:hug:

Happy swimming :lol::lol:

I truly believe you should.Certainly if you are doing them regularly.Its always better to be on the safe side and its like anything its over exposure that can course a problem.
I imagine if you were breathing anything that was in a fine spray over a period of time it would course a problem.Our lungs are made to cope with air and can struggle with other pollutants.I also think it is important to give the client the option of using sniffits if they are having regular treatments.
Spray tanning has boomed in literally a matter of even just a year or so and hopefully as a whole industry we can as operators keep any future problems for us and our clients like overexposure and breathing problems to an absolute minimum.
Once we start to get bad press through not taking certain precautions it is detrimental to us all.
The guidelines are there for us to follow so i think we should be doing them now rather than have to have them enforced when there are problems.
You can get good comfortable masks from mundo the same ones that are used when doing nail enhancements.

Plus....brown nostrils are sooooo last year:lol:

Don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else - a few times when I've spray tanned without a mask without fail I've woken up next day with a terrible sore throat.

I now always wear a mask which has sorted out the problem, funny how it can affect different people in different ways. Although I think the nose-blowing browning effect is common to all!!

Jenni
x

Plus....brown nostrils are sooooo last year:lol:

Brown boogers are my party piece!!!:lol:

However I do mainly wear a mask, I feel like hannabel lecter but I wear it!!!

I would wear a mask if I was doing several spray tans in a day. On average I only do between 3/5 a week so never do personally.

What type of mask do you wear toni lee?:hug:

Yep lovely tanned nostrils because lets face it we all show them off...not.. but if you think about it, if inside your nostrils (which are small) are coated...what would the inside of your lungs be like?? Id definitely wear a mask while tanning. Most spray tanning companies/manufactures and even beauty suppliers have them available for you to buy. (It may be a bit heavy/stuffy but a spray tan really doesnt take that long).

Don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else - a few times when I've spray tanned without a mask without fail I've woken up next day with a terrible sore throat.

I now always wear a mask which has sorted out the problem, funny how it can affect different people in different ways. Although I think the nose-blowing browning effect is common to all!!

Jenni
x

Jenni I can totally agree with you on the sore throat thing people thought I was going crazy when I told them I get a sore throat after spray tanning wonder what causes that it cant be too good for u....

i bought a whole load of those white disposable masks for me to wear because i have lung problems. i didn't bother getting them as i knew i would not be doing many tans but after doing my 1st tan i noticed after i blew my nose the mess that came out and since i have bother it wasn't worth the risk

i bought the masks but i found they made no difference. i would still blow my nose and got the same brown hanky.

Never used to wear a mask until the end of last year when chest felt abit heavy now try an wear a mask dont like the tan lines you get on your face after though :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back