Spray tanning men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinead1989

Reaction score
So just wondering who does and if anyone doesn't for any reason. I've only just recently trained done a few tans and feel confident in what I'm doing. I've had my first enquiry from a man I advertise as mobile but he has now said he will come to me as I said I wouldn't travel to him as a but too far. Although I have no problem with spray tanning men suddenly feeling really nervous about it.

I tan men and I don't have any problems with it at all - I've even done men in the *shock horror" nude :) Heck I wax those parts so I really doubt that spraying them will be more odd - after all unlike waxing I don't touch their genitalia when spraying them :)

I would always take the precautions with any new client unless they were a referral of having someone round (in my case the husband...) or a friend - they can watch tv or something whilst you are doing your appointment.
I've never had any untowards behaviour but maybe that's just because I'm old and chubby ;) At 32 with a baby belly I'm hardly the stuff of fantasies but in my view so far all my clients have come to me for the services I have advertised and with no intentions of wanting anything more than that...

Take your sensible precautions and stop thinking ALL men are perverts... :)

Thanks For the response. I don't know him but I run another business which he has purchased stuff of me through Facebook and messages me quite a bit. I think it's just because I find it odd he's going to travel so far for a spray tan but sure all will be fine. :)

If men feel comfortable with you then they'll travel quite far - I have a client that comes 40 miles for his wax and another who pays me £20 for travelling to him to do either a tan or a wax depending - he struggled finding anyone local that would tan him and he felt so at ease after the first appointment (was supposed to be a one or two off for an occasion) that he decided he wanted me to do his waxing (waxing virgin) and I've done it ever since travelling to him :) He would rather pay the £20 for me to travel than have to deal with giggling girls in a salon (his words) or being made to feel like a pervert or freak for wanting a wax (again his words) :)
Men are LOYAL clients in 99% of cases - when they find someone they feel comfy with they don't bother shopping round :)

For guys check with your trainer about techniques for hairy bears. I dont spray tan myself but could be best prepared. Good luck :)

Thanks, yea was a little worried about doing hairy legs!! Think I will be practising on my oh to see how I go!!

Spraying a man is the same as spraying a woman - they have less curves to contend with which makes it easier but their hair can be an issue if your not prepared.

I find angling the gun slightly upwards blows the hairs out of the way for the solution to get to the skin.
IF the solution collects on the ends of the hairs, just leave it, do not try to dab it off etc as it will do no harm to the tan, where dabbing and blotting could cause issues from touching the skin.

Remember if the man is bald or has a bald spot this will need a spray too as he won't want a white bit giving away that his tan is not real.

I prefer to know the client before I tan them but I always talk to all clients on the phone to book in appointments and this will allow my 'gut instinct' a chance to kick in. So far I have had no weird calls or inquires and all gents have been lovely and they really listen to the pre & aftercare advice.

Make sure you take the normal precautions for all clients of someone knowing where you are, how long you expect to be and you have checked out where your going on google earth or a street view site (so you know where you can park and if there is any alleys etc.. you need to go down.

Thanks baggybear used your advise and turned out perfect :)

Men actually turn out to be very loyal clients. I have a few who come for tans and they travel a good 10 miles no doubt passing countless salons on their way.

Latest posts

Back