Spray tanning parties - How much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi all just trying to sort my pricing out for spray tanning parties and was wondering what you charge and if you give any incentives like hostess for free or free products? Maybe you come down on price the more people the hostess can get to party?
Any advice thanks.

I think hostess free is probably the best idea.Thats the usual way with product parties and then try and get others to book another party the same evening.

we have had requests at the salon lately for a therapist to go out and do these at a business park. I am all for it,but before I go any further I would like to know about portable cubicles, how many can be done safely for the therapist, how long does it take?
Also what about the ventilation as at the salon we have a converted shower room with windows?

Hi all just trying to sort my pricing out for spray tanning parties and was wondering what you charge and if you give any incentives like hostess for free or free products? Maybe you come down on price the more people the hostess can get to party?
Any advice thanks.

I haven't done any spray tan parties for some time now as I am busy in the salon and find it easier to have clients come to me. However, tanning parties are a lot of fun and are a good money earner. I used to offer the hostess free when there were 5+ guests there, and charged £5 less for each guest. It was a good offer for everyone and made it very worth my while.

I have done the local dance studio on occasion and charged them only £12.50 each, the most I did in one session was 17 and it took me 3 hours - £200+ for 3 hours work .. less the cost of the solutions is worth anyone's time huh?

we have had requests at the salon lately for a therapist to go out and do these at a business park. I am all for it,but before I go any further I would like to know about portable cubicles, how many can be done safely for the therapist, how long does it take?
Also what about the ventilation as at the salon we have a converted shower room with windows?
I have a portable booth and extractor for when I did spray tan parties or the dance studio. You can do as many as you feel physically capable of. When I did the 17 one after each other my arm was getting tired holding the gun so I wouldn't want to do many more than that personally. You don't need a shower room, as they leave the tan solution on to develop, just somewhere where they can change privately.

Sounds like a good business venture Fanella.. are you going to look more into it then?

I do 4 or more and the host goes free = meaning at least 3 pay the full price of £20 each.

absolutely, but as i say the girls wanted it in the salon and because we had a spare shower room I converted it and got the tanning in it replaced the sunbed and to be honest made much more money. This is something new for me but i want to know exactly how it will work because i need to purchase all new equipment what would you recommend for ease for a mobile set up?

I do 4 or more and the host goes free = meaning at least 3 pay the full price of £20 each.

how long does it take you to do this?

I got my machine and tent from shadez, and am thrilled with the quality of them. I get my solution from Sienna X so also got my barrier cream, exfoliator spray etc from them. Sienna X do also sell extractors but I dont have one yet.

do you have addresses for these?

my charge for one person is 20 two to four people 18 and five plus 16, sorry not got a pound sign on this american keyboard lol!

I found it better giving everyone a bit of a discount rather than just the hostess or they have no incentive to want to get sprayed.... I do give the hostess a voucher for a 10 pound tan if someone else books at their party though to try to keep them booking, that way the hostess will encourage them to book too :green: of course, they dont get their voucher until the next party...

If I did a dance troup or something then of course the price would drop further depending on how many people.

hi when people contact me to do a spray tan party I tell them there has to be a minimum of 5 paying guests then the host is free (mobile service is a min of 4 and max of 7) if people fail to turn up and the number drops below the 5 paying guests then the host will have to pay for their spray tan sorry!! I charge £20.00 per client. I take my pop up tent and extractor fan also disposables that the client may want to wear also retail products just incase they want to buy any exfoliant etc for next time. I have also in the past given the host a % of her next tan when someone from the group book a party on the night of the hosts party, as they have taken it in turns to book up, that way they all end up getting a free tan and a % of their tan for the next appointment.

Im just re vamping my price list ive decided to do Host goes FREE subject to a minimum of 5.

I do hostess free when party of 5 or more. Each guest gets a £5 reduction on the normal price of the tan so they get it for £20 instead of £25, plus they get £5 off voucher for a full price tan to be used within a month of the party and I used to do a free bottle of wine (cheap stuff) aswell. I worked out the costs and I still made a good profit plus the clients loved it.

I did a party of 7 last night and they have booked one a month for the next 3 months. When I started this I was thinking of host having a freebie, but I thought that may cause me probs and embarrassment when I arrive and there is only 4 when ther should have been 5 +. So I decided on one tan is £25 (my normal price). I always say if you can get a mate then I'll do it for £20 each. Then 5 + then I will do for £15 each. Which is what I charged. £105 later and a few shape & french pols, £140 for an 1 1/2 hrs work aint bad and 3 further bookings.

Everyone was happy. A few more of these parties a week and I could give up the day job lol !!

I use Tantrick mobile, St Tropez in salon and would really like to try Sienna X (been waiting for my sample for 3 weeks !)

That really sounds like fun!

I'm really thinking of getting into spray tanning here in Canada, to add to my nail services! I'm just hoping there will be demand for that!

How did you ladies get your clients for spray tanning, ho did you prmote your service?

Thanks,
Marie

Latest posts

Back