Spraytan with pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamite

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have booked a lady to hve a spray tan with manicure and pedicure.

Now i know i cannot exfoliate the feet while doing a pedicure and not to apply cream on hands and feet but what about immensing the feet in water as well as the hand???

Nt sure what to do.....I need some advice please.....

Thanks guys
xxxx

It's not really recommended to have a manicure/pedicure and spray tan in the same session - is there no chance she can come in for the manicure and pedicure the day before? x

Last edited:
hiya

No she wantd it all done on the same day. I will speak to her when i go to her house, and might just say to her to have file and polish instead so while polish is drying i can set up the tent and spray equipment. Do you think thats a good idea?

Its all my fault that i agreed to this, i should ave known not to.

That might be a better idea - just a shape and polish of both the hands and feet x

Thanks Tans and Hand for your advice, feel abit better as i was feeling aprehensive about this.

I am a newbie to tanning so still learning lots.

Thanks again

Could she not have the manicure and pedicure done first but avoid the moisturiser? then tan after?

Hiya

If i did a pedicure i would have to leave out mosituriser and exfoliant and not use a footspa as i thought b4 a spray tan you are not to wash the skin......

No, its ok to get the skin wet, just no moisturiser etc as that will be a barrier... I'm not sure what is involved in your pedicures? you could still soak, do cuticle work, hard skin etc, paint... just no moisturiser... cant even see light exfoliation being an issue, I've had people jump in the shower and exfoliate right before I tan them with no problems. Just make sure you rinse it off thoroughly..... Couldn't do it the other way round though as that would ruin the tan :eek:

ok jaffacake

I will do that give it a go. So i will do everything apart from moisturising and heavy exfoliant.

Thanks, you sound very confident and know what you are talking about!:green:

really? :eek: pmsl :green: :wink2:

I wouldnt think you could actually do a mani or pedi without exfoliant and/or moisturiser - surely that's the whole crux of these treatments?

If I have clients who want appointments for manicure and spray tan I tell them it has to be one or the other. A spray tan with a file & polish is fine, because this effectively is what a manicure is without the exfoliation and moisturising!

One thing though, why is it not advisable to do a mani & pedi at the same session? I have never seen a problem with this.

There's no problems with doing a manicure and pedicure in the same session Michelle x

I have to disagree with some comments. :hug:

You really don't want to be doing anything that alters the ph of the skin before a tan. Having a shower then tanning directly can affect the outcome of the tan on some people. For optimum results the skin should be a little acidic for the tan to work best which means a little natural body sweat is an ideal base for the tan to work for optimum results.

I wouldn't ever do a manicure or pedicure without exfoliation and moisturation.. so it would be a definite no no... but a cuticle tidy, file and polish would be ok.

:hug:

MY way is to prep the nails before the tan & polish AFTER the tan as the nails usually get smudged whilst getting undressed then dressed.
As with everything else, I've learned the hard way..............:rolleyes:

Hi geeks

No my manicures and pedicures are never without exfoliating and moisturising. I did an express manicure and pedi which meant i did not charge her a price of a thorough mani and pedi before i tanned her.

But from now on i will do spraytan on a different day to the proper manicure nd pedicures as this does interfere with the tanning and the client changing into her garments.

More tips and advice would be appreaciative by all.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back