Starting Shellac soon... Need to pick 10 colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails_4_U

Reaction score
I'm investing in Shellac in a couple of weeks but am only able to start off with around 10 colours What do fellow geeks suggest for a good mix of colours plus a few that are great for layering?

If u look through the search engine at the top there are plenty of threads on the most popular shellac colours.

Hth

I have iced cappuccino,gotcha,Romantique,wildfire,rock royalty,fedora,hot chillis,asphalt,purple purple and tropix.

That's all I have so far, but I have so many more colours layering.

Will be getting some more in the new year but that's what I have started out in. Clients say there is enough choice there, I have my lights,pinks,oranges,reds,browns,purples and darks. So there is something for everyone, and then about 50 layering colours they can choose from.

:) just get one of each group and take a look at the shellac lovers group and fingernailfixer on facebook. She has a whole album on layering colours x x

The top 10 colours at my salon are :

-French manicure ( negligee/beau and cream puff/studio white )
-Asphalt
-Purple purple
-Masquerade
-hot chilis
-Moonlight & roses
-Rock royalty

:)

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Am only on my phone so I am not sure how get to shellac lovers group? I am in a very boring mining town in Australia so I have not even had the pleasure of experiencing shellac yet do I'm very excited!!!!

I also tried to limit myself to just 10 when I started and somehow ended up with 19! It's so hard to pick! But my most popular are

French (cream puff/beau)
Dark reds (masquerade and red baroness)
Fedora
Purple purple
Moonlight & roses is a must for layering s it pretty much tones down any darker colour
Iced coral is also fab for layering and it has a beautiful green sheen to it

Xx

Hiya, here's a link to a poll a fellow geek did for me http://polldaddy.com/poll/5750784/?view=results&msg=voted

I have 11 colours and just ordered 2 more with some glitters for rockstars. I have blackpool, fedora, purple purple, hollywood, tropix, tutti frutti, rosebud, iced cappuccino, negligee, zilionaire and cream puff. I needed more lights so I've ordered strawberry smoothie and cocoa.

You can layer hollywood over purple purple, fedora or blackpool for a dark red so that's that covered :)

This link might help too http://www.salongeek.com/groups/shellac+lovers-layering+tips++buying+guide-4787.html

I hope that helps! Have fun, Shellac is amazing!

Rhiannon x

I too have just ordered my Shellac and have booked in for the course next week EEKKK!!! sorry im so excited! :confused:
I wasnt sure which colours to pick, and I havent really got the funds to buy many colours. So i went for cream puff, Negliee, iced cappuccino, Gottcha, wildfire and fedora. Im hoping this will enough for now, but I cant wait to try more

I suggest masquerade it's been my most popular! X

Ment to ask also if i should also order my Manicure tools from sweetsquared or are my standard ones ok?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Ment to ask also if i should also order my Manicure tools from sweetsquared or are my standard ones ok?

Do you have a curette? That's the only extra tool I would say you need.
Rhiannon x

Ooo no! I'll order that today. Thanks.
Ive just had a text from one of my clients asking can she book me to do EIGHT Shellac for the end of jan!! Im so pleased, i havent got my kit or done the training yet lol. I was very happy until i realised, i may not have time :-( how long does the treatment take? She wants me there 5pm on a Friday night.
Also, sorry for all the questions! The kit, i was told, must include, scrub fresh and cuticle remover. But ive read posts on her that cnd are now reccomending a dry prep??

Ive just had a text from one of my clients asking can she book me to do EIGHT Shellac for the end of jan!! Im so pleased, i havent got my kit or done the training yet lol. I was very happy until i realised, i may not have time :-( how long does the treatment take? She wants me there 5pm on a Friday night.
Also, sorry for all the questions! The kit, i was told, must include, scrub fresh and cuticle remover. But ive read posts on her that cnd are now reccomending a dry prep??

I take 45 mins now but my first few took me an hour. Do u know anyone that you could team up with to do the 8? You'll be there all night otherwise!

I only did my Shellac training on the 19th and I was taught to use Cuticle Away and Scrubfresh. They're both fab products so it's best to take what they say. Even if you did a dry pep, you would still need the Scrubfresh.
Rhiannon x

Ah ok thanks so much. Hows it going for you?

Ah ok thanks so much. Hows it going for you?

Yeah really well thank you. I had loads of bookings before I did the training too, so just wear it and rave about it! My clients have been really impressed so far :) I'm taking delivery of some glitters today so I can't wait to play with some rockstar nails!

Good luck, you'll love the course.
Rhiannon x

I can't wait to order my shellac now :) I want to do a class on shellac but the closest class is 1800kms away!!! So very frustrating :(

Ahhh thats gonna be my next purchase i think GLITTERS!! Every girl love a bit of glitter:)
I'll let you know how i get on with my first Shellac treatments
Lisa xx

Aww thats bad news :-( x

Id pick

Cream puff - white
Negligee - pale pink for french or layering
Blackpool - black
Masquerade - beautiful deep red colour
Tutti frutti - fuschia
Gotcha - lighter but bright pink
Hollywood - beautiful red
Purple purple - bright purple
Moonlight & roses - amazing for layering
Asphalt - slate grey

Just jumping on - i only use cuticle away if client cuticles are bad, then use a spray bottle to spray with water to wipe off all the product....otherwise i do a dry prep with curette/metal tools then scrubfresh and proceed :) xxx

Latest posts

Back