Stick with solglo or change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indulgedriff

Reaction score
hiya, i am currently using solglo but when spraying myself i seem to get white patches down one arm, my best friend alo ended up with white patches on her chet, neither of us have had this problem when using other brands. My clients have never complained and keep coming back but i am thinking of changing brand to xen tan as i used to use the dark lotion and loved it. Has anyone expierienced any problems with xen tan? many thanks xxx

Hello! Did you train with Solglo, as they should have shown you how to avoid this white patch under the arm? Changing solution wont stop this but, its good to see what else is out there. Cant comment on xen tan not tried it. If you want to give Dawn a call, she will go through with you why you are getting white marks under the arms 07932 508084.HTH

yesi did train with solglo, its not white under my arms, its tiny white patches down my arm

Does this happen every time? And does it happen in the sun as well? Dawn:hug:

yes, it never used to, only started after using this brand for about 4 week, and yes in the sun the patches do turn up now

Hi again, certain pigmentation differences can be highlighted when we get a tan, which are not apparent usually. I dont know why solglo would bring it out more than others. Its nothing to be concerned about, a friend that I do regularly has 'lighter marks' on her outer arm.
Also in my case when I get a tan, it goes darker in the same spot above my eyebrow each time, this a pigmentation in reverse, probably caused by sun damage.
Hopes this helps and not too boring lol!!!:hug:

Hello fellow Solgloer!!!!

I use Solglo to and love it, I dont seem to have any problems with patches. it seems like its just skin pigmentation. its all to do with the melonin in the skin and sometimes can affect the DHA. if it happens in the sun it will def happenwith any other fake tan. I wouldnt worry. Give the rep Rianna a call and she will talk it through with you, she was good when I had questions on tanning in pregnancy etc... Hope this helps take care.

Leah xxx

Yea that the only problem i have had with it, i have decided to stick wth it i am getting so many clients coming now as i have been recommended to them so my clients love solglo too. Have you used the shimmers? If so what are they like and are they any good? XXX

I recently asked this question and got no response so not to sure what the shimmers are like. I did read on another site that they block your gun so steering clear I think! I heard Solglo are bringing out a tan in a can soon? do you know anything about that? my rep didnt say much when i asked her, she said they arent launching it til Jan but im desperate for info and prices etc so let me know if you know anything! who do you buy from? Im getting the 5 litres for 99 quid in December you should put your name down!

Leah xxx

yea i got told you just got to really make sure your gun clean after using it or it will clog, av got a litre of both coours but never used it, atm i get mine from adels wholesalers when they do 3 for 2 offers, 5 litres at that price is great how do i get my name down? tan in a can is that for retail? i think they could do plenty more for retail x

I trained with solglo and have to say it's the worst fading tan i have ever had. I changed to Sienna and have never looked back xxx

Yeah I think they could do more with a retail range, i could do with more in my salon the rep said the tan in a can is what you sell on to customers to top up face arms etc... so should be quite good hopefully.
Yeah I know UBP are doing that offer in Dec, I had the rep call me for the first time in ages! she said I had to put my name down coz there is only limited stock at that price etc. give ubp a call and the rep will put your name down, ive never seen it that cheap anywhere else, have you??
As for the Shimmers i think i wont bother, hey let me know if you ever try it and tell me what its like.

Take Care x

i use solglo and get everything through rhianna as ive found her to be the best, shes helped me everytime ive needed something.
ive never had a problem with patches or the fade of tan as long as clients moisturise well.
as for the shimmer i brought a cheap gun off ebay and only use that for shimmers as it could block the gun if its not cleaned out prop. i offer the shimmer for £6 and do it after they ahve showered the tan off (normally next day) great for weddings !! i also offer the shimmers as a princess glitter and are very popular for girls glitter parties!

I did my tan training with Solglo yesterday, and i love it x Washed it off today and my colour is lovely x Really natural x

Re;shimmers...im sure the lady who came to us aid they were being discontinued as they block the solglo gun....but they were looking at other options x

HTH xxx

Same as dawn I have clients which have spots that dont tan or do tan, regardless of brand.

As for solglo, I have tried it and found it faded awfulll, was ok on me but I think you need to try on jo public who are the ones paying and also let's be honest the ones whom do not use oil free shower gel or moisturisers,,,come on we all know 70% clients dont do this,,,well mine do moisturise but hand on heart their liars if they say they use oil free ( she says using bio-oil:lol:) xxx

Latest posts

Back