Stolen my picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammiesnails

Reaction score
Hi about a week ago I found a nail tech in my area had taken my picture cut my name off and put nails by .... and her name.!! If this happened to you what would you do?? Xxxx:lol:

Where did you see the pic? Are you able to comment it? Take it as a compliment! She obviously wants to be as good as you ;) I'd have to say something lol

I would be proud that someone else thought my work was that good they wanted to claim it lol x

Seriously take no notice, you know they are yours and that tech is going to look pretty stupid when someone asks for the same nails and they cannot deliver!

If it really does both you, why don't you contact them and politely ask that they refrain from using your images x

To be honest I did get In touch with her and her salon. But it ended in a bit of a row then after me being the bigger person and backing down once she removed it from all her networking sights was all fine just was not sure I had done the right thing as I only work from home. What rights have we got on our own pictures on networking sites ?? Xxxx

To be honest I did get In touch with her and her salon. But it ended in a bit of a row then after me being the bigger person and backing down once she removed it from all her networking sights was all fine just was not sure I had done the right thing as I only work from home. What rights have we got on our own pictures on networking sites ?? Xxxx

This would annoy me too.
Maybe you could put a water mark on your photos to stop her from using them.

If you have put your name on it then is it not covered under copyright?

You can't just pinch photos from the internet and use them for promotion/advertising - I have a day job where we have to be careful of this.

If it happens again I would politely say something like "if they are not removed by 'x' time I will be contacting my solicitor". Most people back down then :)

To be honest if go up the wall!

If speak to them directly and tell them to remove it as it's not there property.
I'd watermark over the top of the photos so it's impossible. I'd also make a point of telling people why you do it too.
Xx

I had someone do this to me!! My friend noticed it and made me aware. I sent her a message and she didn't reply, so I wrote a comment on the photo saying something like 'this image is of work I have done, please remove it immediately'... It soon disappeared! x

Hi about a week ago I found a nail tech in my area had taken my picture cut my name off and put nails by .... and her name.!! If this happened to you what would you do?? Xxxx:lol:

This is also a great reason to properly watermark all your photos before putting them up for display anywhere. :)

Ive had it also. Several of my nails were on a ladies fb as work she had done. I asked her to remove them and she wouldnt. She was being a smart ass over private message.

So I wrote on her wall and told her to remove my work and she soon listened.

She had other peoples work from off here also which she denied stealing.

Laura x

Not a lot to offer other than to say they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; someone wants to be able to produce work like yours! Hard to take it as a compliment when you're annoyed, I imagine.

If you can prove intellectual copyright of anything that you post on your page then Fb will remove it from their wall. I had several issues with people using my material and when I asked them to remove it and they refused I reported it to Fb and they removed it from their page. Good luck

I'm not very "tech savvy" does anyone know any watermark soft ware? X

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” Zig Ziglar

How do I watermark a photo? Is this possible if using an I phone or is there an app I can download? My pins on Pinterest are bing re pinned, which I know is the point, but they are not watermarked so worried they can be used elsewhere....

Just put watermark in the search on the App Store on your phone...there's loads of Apps for it....and free!!

How do I watermark a photo? Is this possible if using an I phone or is there an app I can download? My pins on Pinterest are bing re pinned, which I know is the point, but they are not watermarked so worried they can be used elsewhere....

There are several apps for watermarking your images. iwatermark, instacollage are 2 that I use for iPhone. When I use my camera I use Picasa on the PC to insert text. Hope this helps x

On instagram I'm told no one has any rights on picture is this correct ?? I've sorted it now but it did cause a bit of trouble at first just wanted to no what you all would of done. Watermarking is looking like the best option at first she said they was her nails, untill she later admitted they was mine ,I would of been flattered if she was not in ny area. I did put both pics on my facebook until she started saying on Facebook I was bulling her cx

On instagram I'm told no one has any rights on picture is this correct ?? I've sorted it now but it did cause a bit of trouble at first just wanted to no what you all would of done. Watermarking is looking like the best option at first she said they was her nails, untill she later admitted they was mine ,I would of been flattered if she was not in ny area. I did put both pics on my facebook until she started saying on Facebook I was bulling her cx

Using someone else's work to represent your own is dishonest and frankly fraudulent, her clients are given a false idea of what can be produced, it happens a lot, watermark you work or best still with nails you could place something within the actual photo that tells everyone it is your work and can't be removed. How about getting a towel for photos with your name and logo embossed or a mat. I believe with your images she could use them if you gave her permission to do so, for example in an exchange for credit for it being your work (that isn't what she wants though! She wants people to believe it is her work, therefore she is advertising for financial gain) I don't know the legal standpoint for removing and reusing images from social media but removing from your website is theft, your safest option is to place them on your site and duplicate the same images for social media. It is very annoying and there is some information available online that can help you to establish what can and can't be done. Best of luck x

if it was me I'd be doing me nut!

It's theft at the end of the day, pure and simple x

Hiya,

I agree, you should watermark your work. This is theft and totally dishonest on her part.

My thoughts are, why would this person need to steel your pictures? Why not take her own pictures of her own work? Perhaps it's because she's not as good and therefore feels the need to steel pictures of your work in order to try to gain clients.

My bet is that if clients go to her on the basis of what she is advertising she is capable of doing, I feel they may well be disapointed.

XXXXXXX:hug:

Latest posts

Back