Stressed about a picture of nails I've done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I'm stressed and its my own fault :(

A few weeks back my 9yr old girl who has been bullied for months, got tripped over intentionally and she ended up with a fat lip, grazed face, cuts and bruises and in a bad way.

I did a ladies gellux nails today, and very early on in the appointment i discovered she was the mother of the boy who had tripped my daughter.
I stayed professional and didnt say anything about it. Made polite conversation and carried on trying to forget who she was. But it had really bothered me, I could feel myself shake with anger.

she wanted different colours on practically every nail and then nail art.
She was really happy with them and off she went..
She posted a picture tonight on good old Facebook tagging me saying how much she loves her nails which is great EXCEPT....
On the little finger the side wall looks terrible. It must be because I was shaking so much. I don't know how I didn't notice but it looks really wobbly!!

She put a positive comment and its had lots of 'likes' but I feel mortified!!

It's a real close up pic.
I know it's my own bad but I'm feeling so stressed by it.
Not sure why I'm posting, I guess I just want to let off steam but I could cry.

Should I ask her to delete it? Lots of people will have seen it by now though
Aargh :Scared:

Can I just reassure you and say, that others do not see what we see. They look at the overall picture and do not scrutinise each and every nail. :Love:

Thank you sooooo much. That is really what I needed to hear. :hug:
I'm so cross with myself though.
I really hope you're right in this instance Geeg :grr:

Awwww big hugs, and well done for keeping your cool and being professional in an awkward, uncomfortable situation.

I was also feeling down last night as I've done two sets this week that I wasn't happy with. I've been exhausted due to running out of my medication, and not having it for a week :-(

Having shaky hands and bleary head....meant two sets of nails that I wasn't thrilled to say I'd done! However, both (luckily v. close friends) ladies were thrilled, and as Geeg says, most people don't see it the same as we nail techs do! We are trained to scrutinise and perfect our work!

:)

Thank you sooooo much. That is really what I needed to hear. :hug:
I'm so cross with myself though.
I really hope you're right in this instance Geeg :grr:
I'm always right ! Didn't you know? :) Been there done that. Often not been satisfied with what I have done .... Then the client returns and I look and think ..did I do those? They're not shabby at all!! :Love:

Last edited:
Im sure you did an amazing job. As others have said its our profession and we will scrutinise any last detail.

To everyone else there will not be a thing out of place. Think about the amount of terrible sets of nails we've all seen and the comments underneath saying how gorgeous they are! That's people not looking at the million flaws and mistakes they've made.

You'd made a tiny mistake with something and nothing. She's delighted with them so you just need to forget about it and enjoy the money she gave you as payback for her awful child...!

:) x

Last week I was stressing on here about a set I wasn't happy with (im still not happy and have yet to see them again but hey ho) and you told me they probably weren't that bad and I'll see that next time and know not to worry in future, well I'm now telling you not to worry!! Worry achieves nothing!! Let the photo slip into Facebook past. We have a developed eye for nails and no one else looks at them like we do. It is probably a perfect side wall to the untrained eye. She is happy with them hence the posted photo. I find photos can sometimes emphasise the tiny little things and that in real life they look totally different. Please don't worry :hug:

hope your daughter is ok now xxx

Didn't want to read and run.

Firstly, be proud that you handled yourself professionally and got through the appointment! I'm not sure I'd have been able to had I been in your shoes. So please give yourself a pat on the back!

Secondly, as everyone else has already said, the general public will not scrutinise anywhere near as closely as a professional would. To add to this point - we are our own harshest critics! At the end of the day, the client is happy, the photo is getting plenty of positive feedback and you managed to remain professional and keep your integrity. It's one wonky side wall on a pinky nail, I think that's pretty forgiveable, especially given the circumstances. *hugs* xx

P.S. I'm so sorry your daughter is going through this. Bullying is an awful thing.

Dont worry. I agree with everyone else, the client looks at the overall effect and concentrates on other things such as the colour and length, they dont scrutinise the technical points like us nail techs do. She must be happy with them to post a pic on facebook.

Incidentally, a massive congratulations for remaining professional. I know I wouldnt have kept my mouth shut, so well done :Love:

Thank you all for being so nice! I thought I was going to get told off for letting her leave with (in my opinion) rubbish nails! Lol
I'm so grateful to this site for being such a support network, we really are lucky to have each other!! :hug:

And yes I'm rubbish at taking my own advice so thanks for hitting me with that one ;)

Thanks again for all your kind comments, I felt truly sick earlier and you have all really helped!! Thank you xxxx

I'm stressed and its my own fault :(

A few weeks back my 9yr old girl who has been bullied for months, got tripped over intentionally and she ended up with a fat lip, grazed face, cuts and bruises and in a bad way.

I did a ladies gellux nails today, and very early on in the appointment i discovered she was the mother of the boy who had tripped my daughter.
I stayed professional and didnt say anything about it. Made polite conversation and carried on trying to forget who she was. But it had really bothered me, I could feel myself shake with anger.

she wanted different colours on practically every nail and then nail art.
She was really happy with them and off she went..
She posted a picture tonight on good old Facebook tagging me saying how much she loves her nails which is great EXCEPT....
On the little finger the side wall looks terrible. It must be because I was shaking so much. I don't know how I didn't notice but it looks really wobbly!!

She put a positive comment and its had lots of 'likes' but I feel mortified!!

It's a real close up pic.
I know it's my own bad but I'm feeling so stressed by it.
Not sure why I'm posting, I guess I just want to let off steam but I could cry.

Should I ask her to delete it? Lots of people will have seen it by now though
Aargh :Scared:

Don't stress it I bet no one noticed ;)

I have been in a similar situation before. Trying to stay peofession at someone who you really cant even bare to be near.

But dont worry about the picture most people just go ohh i like that colour.

I have had people bring in photos of other peoples work and say i want my nails like that and with a glance I am like OMG they are terrible lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back